Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 30, 2013
6:59:18 AM
View profile
Geek Squad Installation Scam

I ordered AT&T uverse July 30th and was told I needed to pay a $19.99 installation fee that would be done by Geek Squad (was set up by AT&T) and that I could cancel at my installation appointment to avoid monthly charges after installation. Two weeks later we ended up cancelling service before installation and I was assured by the customer service representative with UVerse that my charge of $19.99 would be refunded. My charge was never refunded and yesterday I was charged an additional $19.99 monthly fee by Geek Squad.  I have now been on the phone with a customer service representative for over an hour. She says that there is no history billing on my account through AT&T (because it is Geek Squad that they set up) and does not understand my charges after I have repeatedly explained it. I am now out $39.98 for a TV package I never had installed. How can I get my money refunded?

I ordered AT&T uverse July 30th and was told I needed to pay a $19.99 installation fee that would be done by Geek Squad (was set up by AT&T) and that I could cancel at my installation appointment to avoid monthly charges after installation. Two weeks later we ended up cancelling service before installation and I was assured by the customer service representative with UVerse that my charge of $19.99 would be refunded. My charge was never refunded and yesterday I was charged an additional $19.99 monthly fee by Geek Squad.  I have now been on the phone with a customer service representative for over an hour. She says that there is no history billing on my account through AT&T (because it is Geek Squad that they set up) and does not understand my charges after I have repeatedly explained it. I am now out $39.98 for a TV package I never had installed. How can I get my money refunded?

Geek Squad Installation Scam

22 replies
(4) Me too
(4) Me too
View all replies
(22)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 7:56:43 AM
(0)
Master

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. 

That being said, I've have never heard of Geek Squad doing ANY installation for UVerse.  If a technician is required to install, it's done by an AT&T tech, not a 3rd party contractor.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. 

That being said, I've have never heard of Geek Squad doing ANY installation for UVerse.  If a technician is required to install, it's done by an AT&T tech, not a 3rd party contractor.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Re: Geek Squad Installation Scam

2 of 23 (7,082 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2013 3:46:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

HZ90 wrote:

As far as I'm aware, AT&T doesn't sell Geek Squad products (they have their own support: Connectech/Support Plus). There should be a number on your credit card statement that you can call and cancel the Geek Squad. 

You can also dispute the charge with the card company.

HZ90 wrote:

As far as I'm aware, AT&T doesn't sell Geek Squad products (they have their own support: Connectech/Support Plus). There should be a number on your credit card statement that you can call and cancel the Geek Squad. 

You can also dispute the charge with the card company.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 23 (7,032 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 11:47:41 PM
(0)
Contributor

Why is it that despite multiple complaints about this, AT&T keeps denying that their U-Verse reps keep pushing Geek Squad on people? I had exactly the same experience. When I told the U-verse sales rep that I would do my own installation he told me thatit could end up costing me a lot of money if I didn't get help and that as an "expert" he very highly recommenmded Geek Squad. Reluctantly and regrettfully I let him sign me up. Boom, right away I get a charge on my credit card for $19.99. This is before AT&T even issued a bill for U-verse.

I get the U-verse kit, do the installation myself without a hitch, then I call the U-verse customer support to get the Geek Squad charge reversed and nobody at U-verse knows anything. I keep getting told to call Geek Squad.

BUT I DIDN'T ORDER THE SERVICE FROM GEEK SQUAD. AT&T sold it to me. I expect AT&T to remove it.

Why is it that despite multiple complaints about this, AT&T keeps denying that their U-Verse reps keep pushing Geek Squad on people? I had exactly the same experience. When I told the U-verse sales rep that I would do my own installation he told me thatit could end up costing me a lot of money if I didn't get help and that as an "expert" he very highly recommenmded Geek Squad. Reluctantly and regrettfully I let him sign me up. Boom, right away I get a charge on my credit card for $19.99. This is before AT&T even issued a bill for U-verse.

I get the U-verse kit, do the installation myself without a hitch, then I call the U-verse customer support to get the Geek Squad charge reversed and nobody at U-verse knows anything. I keep getting told to call Geek Squad.

BUT I DIDN'T ORDER THE SERVICE FROM GEEK SQUAD. AT&T sold it to me. I expect AT&T to remove it.

4 of 23 (6,941 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 3:19:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

f.lorca wrote:

It wasn't AT&T that sold it to you. Apparently, you ordered Uverse from a vendor. 

Like I said in the post directly above yours, there should be a number on your card statement to cancel the Geek Squad, or you can dispute with the card company.

f.lorca wrote:

It wasn't AT&T that sold it to you. Apparently, you ordered Uverse from a vendor. 

Like I said in the post directly above yours, there should be a number on your card statement to cancel the Geek Squad, or you can dispute with the card company.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 23 (6,933 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 11:19:50 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Phil-101 on Sep 5, 2013 at 11:23:33 AM

I ordered U-verse service from AT&T not some "vendor." I got the number from the U-verse official website.

[Please keep it courteous]

I ordered U-verse service from AT&T not some "vendor." I got the number from the U-verse official website.

[Please keep it courteous]

[ Edited ]
6 of 23 (6,895 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 1:50:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Are you talking about Connec Tech?

Are you talking about Connec Tech?

7 of 23 (6,882 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2013 3:58:20 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by GSDerek on Sep 10, 2013 at 8:13:42 PM

HZ90:

I am sorry to hear that one of the vendors miscommunicated what the optional Geek Squad support plan is designed for.  If you are still having an issue with your account, please give the Geek Squad team a call at 1-800-919-8630.  Choose option 1 at the voice menu to get to our Accounts and Billing Team, who will be happy to help you with the account.

To help with any confusion, the Geek Squad support plan is an optional plan that provides unlimited software remote support for up to 5 PC and Mac, for services such as virus and spyware removals, PC tune-ups, software installs and troubleshooting.

Unfortunately, Geek Squad does not setup the modems, and the plan does require a broadband Internet connection for us to connect to the PC or Mac.  If you have any specific questions about your account, the team at 1-800-919-8630, option 1, can help, or you can fill out our contact form at http://www.geeksquad.com/gsoscontact for additional help.

Thank you,
Agent Derek
Geek Squad Online Support

HZ90:

I am sorry to hear that one of the vendors miscommunicated what the optional Geek Squad support plan is designed for.  If you are still having an issue with your account, please give the Geek Squad team a call at 1-800-919-8630.  Choose option 1 at the voice menu to get to our Accounts and Billing Team, who will be happy to help you with the account.

To help with any confusion, the Geek Squad support plan is an optional plan that provides unlimited software remote support for up to 5 PC and Mac, for services such as virus and spyware removals, PC tune-ups, software installs and troubleshooting.

Unfortunately, Geek Squad does not setup the modems, and the plan does require a broadband Internet connection for us to connect to the PC or Mac.  If you have any specific questions about your account, the team at 1-800-919-8630, option 1, can help, or you can fill out our contact form at http://www.geeksquad.com/gsoscontact for additional help.

Thank you,
Agent Derek

[ Edited ]
8 of 23 (6,765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2013 6:59:49 PM
(0)
Contributor

If you conduct an internet search, you will see multiple posts that fit this exact description.  It happened to me as well.  When I phoned Geek Squad to have the charges reversed, the receptionist asked "Is this about the montly billing problem with AT&T?"  So, they are obviously familiar with the complaints.   

If you conduct an internet search, you will see multiple posts that fit this exact description.  It happened to me as well.  When I phoned Geek Squad to have the charges reversed, the receptionist asked "Is this about the montly billing problem with AT&T?"  So, they are obviously familiar with the complaints.   

9 of 23 (6,516 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2013 7:02:04 PM
(0)
Contributor

Why is it that you call the AT&T number and receive a third party?  If it is a third party, then that should be disclosed.  This still goes back to AT&T-- it is their responsibility to inform the customer and take control over something that is making them look poorly.  

Why is it that you call the AT&T number and receive a third party?  If it is a third party, then that should be disclosed.  This still goes back to AT&T-- it is their responsibility to inform the customer and take control over something that is making them look poorly.  

10 of 23 (6,515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2013 5:59:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I can walk up to you and tell you I sell AT&T service with a support contract without AT&T having a clue.  Once they find out, however (and by now you'd think they'd know about the situation you're describing), you'd think a cease and desist letter would be forthcoming.

I can walk up to you and tell you I sell AT&T service with a support contract without AT&T having a clue.  Once they find out, however (and by now you'd think they'd know about the situation you're describing), you'd think a cease and desist letter would be forthcoming.

11 of 23 (6,404 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2013 6:57:27 AM
(0)
Master

kbay0916 wrote:

The only time you will be transferred to a 3rd party is when the issue is NOT with AT&T services.  I've never been transferred or have it even suggested that I purchase a 3rd party service.

kbay0916 wrote:

The only time you will be transferred to a 3rd party is when the issue is NOT with AT&T services.  I've never been transferred or have it even suggested that I purchase a 3rd party service.

12 of 23 (6,396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2013 6:34:55 PM
(0)
Mentor

I was told the exact same thing when I ordered in August. It seems to be the sales pitch to lie to the potential client.

I was told the exact same thing when I ordered in August. It seems to be the sales pitch to lie to the potential client.

13 of 23 (6,151 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2013 12:54:06 PM
(0)
Employee

I myself am a at&t U-Verse sales rep and not once have I sold anybody on Geek Squad. If I were to sell anybody on any kind of technical support program, it would be ours, Connectech. We don't even have an option of selling Geek Squad service.

I myself am a at&t U-Verse sales rep and not once have I sold anybody on Geek Squad. If I were to sell anybody on any kind of technical support program, it would be ours, Connectech. We don't even have an option of selling Geek Squad service.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

14 of 23 (5,841 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2014 6:18:23 PM
(0)
Contributor

My story:   I ordered AT&T U-verse August 22, at which time the AT&T employee convinced me to sign up for a one-time Geeksquad service at $19.99 ... just in case there was an issue with my computer and its ability to "talk" to the AT&T modem.   I was having problems with my previous internet provider, thus the change to AT&T U-verse, and the AT&T employee convinced me that the one-time service by Geeksquad would be "insurance" that all my settings would be correct for the best internet speed and connection.  This AT&T employee also said I was eligible for a $5.00 credit on my bill due to my being an existing AT&T customer (cell phone) but that didn't happen, and subsequent AT&T employees didn't know what I was talking about when I called after my bill came in.  Also, the same AT&T employee said the $100 equipment charge would be spread over three months.... again, this didn't happen, and subsequent AT&T customer service reps didn't know anything about it.

Back to Geeksquad.  I was surprised to see a $19.99 charge by Geeksquad six months later on my bank account.  When I checked back, there had been six $19.99 charges (two on November 4th).  

Calling AT&T, I spoke with three different CSRs - none of which knew anything about AT&T and Geeksquad, although finally the last one admitted that AT&T contracted with Geeksquad to provide support when their usual go-to Connect Tech was not available for a particular location.  The thing is, the original AT&T employee on August 22 never mentioned Connect Tech (or Support-Plus, apparently yet another AT&T U-verse support company), and in fact, he referenced Best Buy, saying I could take my laptop in to a nearby Best Buy if that was helpful, via the Geeksquad service.   At NO POINT, did the AT&T employee mention a recurring charge by Geeksquad.  It was a ONE-TIME deal, he said.

The AT&T reps that I spoke with later were limited as to what they could do (in fact, I kept getting passed around because no one knew what I was talking about) because there was no charges by AT&T.  Since they couldn't see a charge on my bill, there was nothing for them to reverse or credit.  The charges were being deducted from my bank account, via my debit card, by Geeksquad.  

A call to Geeksquad went through two people before being passed to their "escalation team" and the case is now pending. Tomorrow I will call my bank to see what my course of action is with them (fraud, etc).  There has to be proof of authorization somewhere.  AT&T apparently has no record of anything with Geeksquad - as far as they are concerned, it never happened - and Geeksquad did not get authorized by me so I am hopeful the charges can get reversed, or at least the last five charges.  The first one I'll "own" even though I think it was a shameless scam for unnecessary service.

I'm really disappointed with AT&T.  The U-verse service has been poor although maybe the technician who left today has resolved my issues with their service... it remains to be seen.    To their credit, AT&T has given me one-month's free service while they work to get my issues resolved.  When my cell contract is up in March, I'll definitely be looking to move our family plan to a different carrier.

My story:   I ordered AT&T U-verse August 22, at which time the AT&T employee convinced me to sign up for a one-time Geeksquad service at $19.99 ... just in case there was an issue with my computer and its ability to "talk" to the AT&T modem.   I was having problems with my previous internet provider, thus the change to AT&T U-verse, and the AT&T employee convinced me that the one-time service by Geeksquad would be "insurance" that all my settings would be correct for the best internet speed and connection.  This AT&T employee also said I was eligible for a $5.00 credit on my bill due to my being an existing AT&T customer (cell phone) but that didn't happen, and subsequent AT&T employees didn't know what I was talking about when I called after my bill came in.  Also, the same AT&T employee said the $100 equipment charge would be spread over three months.... again, this didn't happen, and subsequent AT&T customer service reps didn't know anything about it.

Back to Geeksquad.  I was surprised to see a $19.99 charge by Geeksquad six months later on my bank account.  When I checked back, there had been six $19.99 charges (two on November 4th).  

Calling AT&T, I spoke with three different CSRs - none of which knew anything about AT&T and Geeksquad, although finally the last one admitted that AT&T contracted with Geeksquad to provide support when their usual go-to Connect Tech was not available for a particular location.  The thing is, the original AT&T employee on August 22 never mentioned Connect Tech (or Support-Plus, apparently yet another AT&T U-verse support company), and in fact, he referenced Best Buy, saying I could take my laptop in to a nearby Best Buy if that was helpful, via the Geeksquad service.   At NO POINT, did the AT&T employee mention a recurring charge by Geeksquad.  It was a ONE-TIME deal, he said.

The AT&T reps that I spoke with later were limited as to what they could do (in fact, I kept getting passed around because no one knew what I was talking about) because there was no charges by AT&T.  Since they couldn't see a charge on my bill, there was nothing for them to reverse or credit.  The charges were being deducted from my bank account, via my debit card, by Geeksquad.  

A call to Geeksquad went through two people before being passed to their "escalation team" and the case is now pending. Tomorrow I will call my bank to see what my course of action is with them (fraud, etc).  There has to be proof of authorization somewhere.  AT&T apparently has no record of anything with Geeksquad - as far as they are concerned, it never happened - and Geeksquad did not get authorized by me so I am hopeful the charges can get reversed, or at least the last five charges.  The first one I'll "own" even though I think it was a shameless scam for unnecessary service.

I'm really disappointed with AT&T.  The U-verse service has been poor although maybe the technician who left today has resolved my issues with their service... it remains to be seen.    To their credit, AT&T has given me one-month's free service while they work to get my issues resolved.  When my cell contract is up in March, I'll definitely be looking to move our family plan to a different carrier.

15 of 23 (5,553 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2014 7:12:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by JefferMC on Jan 23, 2014 at 7:16:13 PM

You say " the AT&T employee convinced me to sign up for a one-time Geeksquad service".

How did you get in contact with this person.  You're not the first to make the claim that AT&T sold the Geek Squad Service, but so far it has remained unconfirmed that AT&T actually did the selling.  Keep in mind that AT&T uses authorized resellers and other ways to sell its products, and some may have come up with rather "creative" ways to pad their bottom line.

I also have a hard time with "the last one admitted that AT&T contracted with Geeksquad to provide support when their usual go-to Connect Tech was not available for a particular location."  Sometimes I think these people just spout off whatever they think you want to hear.  And even if they did, that would be a subcontractor arrangement.

So... what can you tell us about how you got sold this bill of goods?  Did you call AT&T?  Did someone call you?  Did you go to a web site?

You say " the AT&T employee convinced me to sign up for a one-time Geeksquad service".

How did you get in contact with this person.  You're not the first to make the claim that AT&T sold the Geek Squad Service, but so far it has remained unconfirmed that AT&T actually did the selling.  Keep in mind that AT&T uses authorized resellers and other ways to sell its products, and some may have come up with rather "creative" ways to pad their bottom line.

I also have a hard time with "the last one admitted that AT&T contracted with Geeksquad to provide support when their usual go-to Connect Tech was not available for a particular location."  Sometimes I think these people just spout off whatever they think you want to hear.  And even if they did, that would be a subcontractor arrangement.

So... what can you tell us about how you got sold this bill of goods?  Did you call AT&T?  Did someone call you?  Did you go to a web site?

[ Edited ]
16 of 23 (5,548 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2014 7:19:07 PM
(0)
Contributor

I called AT&T directly, using the number provided on their internet site for U-verse service.  Their employee, I assume in the sales department, signed me up for both the U-verse service and Geeksquad.  And yes, AT&T's service rep, Mark, tonight did tell me that AT&T contracted with Geeksquad to provide support when Connect-Tech was not available in a particular location.

I called AT&T directly, using the number provided on their internet site for U-verse service.  Their employee, I assume in the sales department, signed me up for both the U-verse service and Geeksquad.  And yes, AT&T's service rep, Mark, tonight did tell me that AT&T contracted with Geeksquad to provide support when Connect-Tech was not available in a particular location.

17 of 23 (5,542 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2014 7:42:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by JefferMC on Jan 23, 2014 at 7:43:20 PM

You called a number from a website.  Do you remember that website or how you found it?  For example, I've entered "U-verse Clemson" into Google for a nearby town.  These are the first two non-sponsered links:

http://www.attsavings.com/att-uverse-clemson-sc.html

http://www.attsavings.com/clemson-att-south-carolina-internet-deal.html

They have ATT in the URL, and look at them, they have the AT&T logo.  But, look at the logo closer:

Ah... see that "Authorized Retailer".  And there's a phone number on it... it don't ring AT&T, yet the voice answers the phone "Thank you for choosing AT&T."  There's another company name on this page.  You might not even notice it:

ALL HOME CONNECTIONS
YOUR AT&T AUTHORIZED RETAILER

These guys have lied to the father of my family's roommate, selling them 3 Mbps service when all AT&T can deliver to that address is 1.5 Mbps (well, that's all AT&T thinks they can deliver; the line can only support 756 kbps).  

So... I'd REALLY like to see AT&T quit doing business with this kind of scum.  And if we can confirm that's what happened to you, maybe we can get you some satisfaction directly from the scum who lied to you about the Geek Squad order.

You called a number from a website.  Do you remember that website or how you found it?  For example, I've entered "U-verse Clemson" into Google for a nearby town.  These are the first two non-sponsered links:

http://www.attsavings.com/att-uverse-clemson-sc.html

http://www.attsavings.com/clemson-att-south-carolina-internet-deal.html

They have ATT in the URL, and look at them, they have the AT&T logo.  But, look at the logo closer:

Ah... see that "Authorized Retailer".  And there's a phone number on it... it don't ring AT&T, yet the voice answers the phone "Thank you for choosing AT&T."  There's another company name on this page.  You might not even notice it:

ALL HOME CONNECTIONS
YOUR AT&T AUTHORIZED RETAILER

These guys have lied to the father of my family's roommate, selling them 3 Mbps service when all AT&T can deliver to that address is 1.5 Mbps (well, that's all AT&T thinks they can deliver; the line can only support 756 kbps).  

So... I'd REALLY like to see AT&T quit doing business with this kind of scum.  And if we can confirm that's what happened to you, maybe we can get you some satisfaction directly from the scum who lied to you about the Geek Squad order.

[ Edited ]
18 of 23 (5,538 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2014 7:54:57 PM
(0)
Contributor

I understand what you are saying, but it was a number obtained from att.com.   I'm familiar with the att.com website, and have gone there often to login and check cell phone statements etc.  I did not deal with a third party authorized retailer.

I understand what you are saying, but it was a number obtained from att.com.   I'm familiar with the att.com website, and have gone there often to login and check cell phone statements etc.  I did not deal with a third party authorized retailer.

19 of 23 (5,535 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2014 7:58:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Okay, then.

If you haven't already, you might try clicking this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelopein the upper right hand corner of this site) in a business day or three.

However, I believe that they'll tell you that AT&T doesn't sell Geek Squad service and never has and they have no responsibilty for that charge.

Okay, then.

If you haven't already, you might try clicking this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelopein the upper right hand corner of this site) in a business day or three.

However, I believe that they'll tell you that AT&T doesn't sell Geek Squad service and never has and they have no responsibilty for that charge.

20 of 23 (5,533 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 1:18:42 PM
(0)
Tutor

To follow up on this, our Geek Squad corporate team will be glad to check into any account concerns that you or others joining this thread may have.

If you believe you were signed up for Geek Squad service incorrectly by an AT&T authorized 3rd party sales team, please reach out to us by sending at email using this form: geeksquad.com/contact

Thank you,
Agent Derek

To follow up on this, our Geek Squad corporate team will be glad to check into any account concerns that you or others joining this thread may have.

If you believe you were signed up for Geek Squad service incorrectly by an AT&T authorized 3rd party sales team, please reach out to us by sending at email using this form: geeksquad.com/contact

Thank you,
Agent Derek

21 of 23 (5,375 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2014 2:47:27 PM
(0)
Contributor

The same thing happened to me with the scam. I was talking to the ATT rep on the phone, (a real ATT rep), and then he connected me with an installation specialist or something who straight up lied to me. She told me that I would have to set up the everything by myself and that it was different from regular modems/wireless. A complete lie. Really disgusted at the shoddy business practices of ATT.

The same thing happened to me with the scam. I was talking to the ATT rep on the phone, (a real ATT rep), and then he connected me with an installation specialist or something who straight up lied to me. She told me that I would have to set up the everything by myself and that it was different from regular modems/wireless. A complete lie. Really disgusted at the shoddy business practices of ATT.

22 of 23 (4,561 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2014 9:52:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Please click this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelopein the upper right hand corner of this site) in a business day or three.

Please click this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelopein the upper right hand corner of this site) in a business day or three.

23 of 23 (4,534 Views)