Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

ACE - Master

Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

2.69 in Indy - was over 2.80 earlier this week!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
12,869 Views
Message 1 of 721
Highlighted
Professor

Re: Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

On top of having to pay the highest gas prices in the country, including Hawaii, look what else we have to put up with. :smileymad:http://www.wgntv.com/news/local/breaking/chi-bp-says-tainted-gas-made-it-to-200-stations-20120822,0,...  One good thing, I don't buy BP gas.

Message 706 of 721
Expert

Re: Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

I don't think we have BP down here.

 

Also, never fuel up when the delivery truck is there (lots of sediment in the underground tanks).

Message 707 of 721
ACE - Master

Re: Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

$3.729 for 87 octane yesterday.

 

The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other peoples' money. .......Margaret Thatcher
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 708 of 721
Expert

Re: Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

Since Isaac spared the Gulf platforms, supposedly prices are going to go down.  Call me when that happens. Smiley Happy

Message 709 of 721
Master

Re: Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!


jfw wrote:

On top of having to pay the highest gas prices in the country, including Hawaii, look what else we have to put up with. :smileymad:http://www.wgntv.com/news/local/breaking/chi-bp-says-tainted-gas-made-it-to-200-stations-20120822,0,...  One good thing, I don't buy BP gas.


 

I can relate to bad BP fuel jfw and I refuse to buy it too! Used to buy it all the time until I filled up at the local BP station in the dead of winter about 10 years ago. Didn't even hardly make it home with my Jeep spitting, sputtering and wanting to stall.

 

There was water and/or fine dirt was in the gas and nothing like replacing the fuel filter, adding lots of gas dryer/injector cleaner, while laying in the cold/snow under my Jeep while working on the fuel system. Complained directly to the station manager and he just shrugged his shoulders! Smiley Mad 

 

 

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 710 of 721
Expert

Re: Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

I've even gone as far as writing to the offending company, did no good.

Message 711 of 721
Master

Re: Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

Yeah, the big oil companies answer to no one!

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 712 of 721
Expert

Re: Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

$3.36 w/Kroger points tonight at Shell.

Message 713 of 721
Expert

Re: Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

I watched gas prices go from 3.82 to 4.09 in 24 hours.  What isn't fair is that the gas that was already in the tanks at the service stations was already paid for.  I would love to be able to do that, add an additional charge for services that have already been paid for, because of a price increase for future services.

Message 714 of 721
Employee

Re: Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

I bet you will not see it drop as fast as it went up. People only have so much money they may decide to stay at home this weekend which means other business will not get as much traffic.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 715 of 721
Expert

Re: Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

Morning, Escapee & friends! Smiley Happy

 

Why do they blame the drought on higher gas prices??? What does NO rain have to do with GAS??? 

 




 REGRET NOTHING~


     we live & learn~

Message 716 of 721
Master

Re: Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

What is amazing when the barrel price comes down it takes a week or two for pump prices to reflect the action but just let it go up or production slow and it's an immediate increase at the pump in less than 24hrs.

Message 717 of 721
Employee

Re: Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

I thought it was interesting when they had the refinery explosion on the west coast that east coast prices for gas went up the next day. The gas pipelines do not interconnect so there should no cost change on the East Coast.  The hurricane in New Orleans area I can understand.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 718 of 721
ACE - Expert

Re: Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!


Dcookie wrote:

Morning, Escapee & friends! Smiley Happy

 

Why do they blame the drought on higher gas prices??? What does NO rain have to do with GAS??? 


The answer is.... 10% (or more) of your gasoline is now ethanol.  Ethanol primarily comes from fermenting corn.  Corn needs water to grow.  Less corn, higher corn prices.  Higher corn prices, higher ethanol prices.


Even were the government mandate to add ethanol relaxed, the extra oil needed to produce gas would put a greater burden on supply which would just increase the cost of that raw material as well.

 

OTOH, I think that the occurence of daylight (or the lack thereof) is a reason to increase gas prices.

 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 719 of 721
Expert

Re: Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!


JefferMC wrote:

Dcookie wrote:

Morning, Escapee & friends! Smiley Happy

 

Why do they blame the drought on higher gas prices??? What does NO rain have to do with GAS??? 


The answer is.... 10% (or more) of your gasoline is now ethanol.  Ethanol primarily comes from fermenting corn.  Corn needs water to grow.  Less corn, higher corn prices.  Higher corn prices, higher ethanol prices.


Even were the government mandate to add ethanol relaxed, the extra oil needed to produce gas would put a greater burden on supply which would just increase the cost of that raw material as well.

 

OTOH, I think that the occurence of daylight (or the lack thereof) is a reason to increase gas prices.

 


Thanks!! I had NO idea!! Guess THAT explains things a little better. Smiley Happy

 




 REGRET NOTHING~


     we live & learn~

Message 720 of 721
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support