Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

ACE - Master

Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

2.69 in Indy - was over 2.80 earlier this week!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 721 (12,752 Views)
Professor

Re: Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

If y'all want to get gouged on gas and just about everything else come up to Chicago, paid $4.15 yesterday. :smileymad:

Message 691 of 721 (1,193 Views)
ACE - Master

I'm not sure if every 7-Eleven does this but here if you buy a Gift Card at 7-Eleven, you get cents off at the pump.  It was a nickel off a gallon in 2010 and now it is 15 cents off per gallon.  You must use cash to buy the card and I bet that YMMV.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 692 of 721 (1,186 Views)
Employee

Blame Iran.  I just hate the prices can jump 10 cents or more a day going up but drop by 1 cent a day on the downside.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 693 of 721 (1,177 Views)
Professor

Escapee wrote:

Blame Iran.  I just hate the prices can jump 10 cents or more a day going up but drop by 1 cent a day on the downside.

Can't totally blame Iran this time, there has been a major pipeline leak in Wisconsin and fires at refineries in Indiana and California. The fire at the California refinery is expected to raise the price of gas on the west coast to over $4 a gallon.
Gotta love it!

Message 694 of 721 (1,169 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

Hey jfw, the other day when you said gas hit $4.15/gal I did a search to find out why so high there? So I saw the same pipeline break article you're talking about. Sad thing is the feds won't let them start this pipeline to Chicago back up right away since the company has a poor record on pipeline leaks. They have to come up with a start-up plan 1st and who knows how long that's going to take with the feds involved? Also saw the same story on the midwest refinery problems.

What really jumped out is you guys in Chicagoland are taxed to death! I'm sure I don't need to tell you that but a sales tax on gasoline?? Only 7 states in the US have a state sales tax on gas. Lucky you. Smiley Sad

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-06-19/business/ct-biz-0619-bf-gasoline-20110619_1_prices-roc...

Thunderstorms rolled through right at rush-hour tonight and my wife got caught up in it. A limb/tree fell across both lanes of the 2 lanes of the 4-lane highway she travels and what normally takes her 40 min took 2 hours. Man, did she come home with an attitude!! Such a lovely greeting when your wife comes home from work and screams at you, HOW DID YOUR DAY GO!! I didn't answer and made myself scarce. Smiley Very Happy

BTW, we probably only got about 1/2" of rain but every little bit helps.

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 695 of 721 (1,159 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Yeah Uni you are right we are taxed to death on everything in Illinois and especially here in Cook (Crook) County,  it's even worse inside the Chicago city limits. Seems like every time I turn around the local school board all the way up to the governor is crying that more money is needed for something and a tax increase might be necessary. :smileymad:  I was born and raised here but between the miserable winter weather and sky high taxes, especially property tax,  the wife and I have come to the conclusion that it might be time to spend our retirement years elsewhere.

Just heard on the news the price of gas in Illinois is an average of $4.04 a gallon, highest in the continental US. :smileysad:

Message 696 of 721 (1,154 Views)
Employee

Charlie still thought you were the greatest last night.  Smiley Very Happy

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 697 of 721 (1,149 Views)
Master

LOL SKP, and even the cats, along with Charlie, know when it's time for us to huddle together. Smiley Wink

Yeah jfw, Chicago would seem like a financially taxing (pun) place to live on a fixed income in retirement. Plus your winter weather is so severe with the lake effect, along with snow/ice storms blowing straight down from Canada, don't know if I could live there. I may flee Ohio once I get to the point/age of not being able to take the winters anymore.

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Message 698 of 721 (1,137 Views)
Master

Time to get out those "I'm Mad To Eddy " bumper stickers for those of us old enough to remember.

Message 699 of 721 (1,124 Views)
Expert

$3.43 spotted today.  Have been doing a lot of shopping at Kroger to get my .10 discount per gallon at Shell!

Last time I filled up, it was $3.23.

Message 700 of 721 (1,044 Views)
Employee

I don't like the electronic price changing on the signs and pumps. I thought the price was about to start coming down. It dropped from $3.74 to $3.70 Sunday but was back up to $3.71 today.

Employee Contributor*
Message 701 of 721 (1,064 Views)
Expert

I had that happen a while back while at a stop light!  Time I crossed to the other side, the station I was headed to bumped their price up to the same as across the street. Smiley Sad

I've said before, GasBuddy is unreliable here, or somebody likes posting games. Smiley Mad

Message 702 of 721 (1,063 Views)
Master

I have 1/2 tank of gas and sure wish I would have filled up/topped off yesterday when prices were $3.59 at the local Sunoco I go to. Price today is $3.85!

With all the news stories of Issac hitting the Gulf states, they're showing people filling up as many gas cans as they can for generators along with their vehicles, they shut down all oil production/platforms in the Gulf while evacuating the workers, it's already having a huge ripple effect even clear up here!

But most of this increase is just huge price gouging because they didn't pay anymore for all that fuel they currently have in the station's underground tanks! Smiley Mad

Of course you may want to add Labor Day weekend coming up to the list for ripping people off!

Uniblurb3

Message 703 of 721 (1,062 Views)
Master

$3.97/gal everywhere! Smiley Mad

Uniblurb3

Message 704 of 721 (1,048 Views)
Expert

It was worse than I thought for that station across the street!  Next day it had jumped to $3.69 from $3.45 (other 2 stations stayed at $3.49).

Paid $3.55 last night just to get home, $3.45 at one station.  Need to buy another $20 worth of groceries at Kroger so I can get last 10 cents off/gal. for the month!

spd2demun wrote:

I had that happen a while back while at a stop light!  Time I crossed to the other side, the station I was headed to bumped their price up to the same as across the street. Smiley Sad

I've said before, GasBuddy is unreliable here, or somebody likes posting games. Smiley Mad

Message 705 of 721 (1,049 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.