Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

ACE - Master

Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

2.69 in Indy - was over 2.80 earlier this week!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 721 (12,793 Views)
Expert

Re: Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

Yeah, it's all relative!

Paid $3.47 today.

Message 226 of 721 (1,210 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

RicoLX wrote:

Aahhhhhh, the good ole days....!

Rico,  The bottom sign mentions April 2011.  Misprint or closed station?  I'll take the free burgers and beer.

On one street in Indy, a closed station displayed 98.9 for years and countless numbers of drivers tried to turn into the barricaded station. Smiley Wink  I almost did, the first time but the prices that day at oipen stations were just above a dollar. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 227 of 721 (1,206 Views)
Expert

I think Rico has a habit of photoshopping signs, LOL!

.98 would sound cheap now, but would have been high in the olden days (when they gave away free drinking glasses, steak knives, stamps to save/redeem for goods).  I can remember gas wars when prices were in the teens...I am old. Smiley Sad

Message 228 of 721 (1,202 Views)
Professor

Spd: heh heh... Can't I hold on to that past for just a little bit longer? Reality's bleep-slapping me, over and again, but I just cant come to terms with todays gasoline prices... Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink
Message 229 of 721 (1,196 Views)
Professor

Dhascall, very good obsrvation. For a price like that, the store MUST be closed....or soon will be within an hour at those prices. Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy
Message 230 of 721 (1,192 Views)
Master

Know what you mean Spd and I worked at a gas station when only 17. Gal of gas, or pack of cigs, take your pick at 26 cents each. Little returnable bottles of coke were a dime. Plus we gave out free steak knives & other freebies with a fill-up, as you mentioned, but hardly gave any away. A fill-up was waaay too expensive. Smiley Very Happy

But if you had the money for a fill up we would clean all the windows, check/top all the fluids, put air in the tires, etc.. Full service instead of no service. Smiley Wink

Between $3.80 - $3.85 here. Smiley Mad

spd2demun wrote:

.98 would sound cheap now, but would have been high in the olden days (when they gave away free drinking glasses, steak knives, stamps to save/redeem for goods).  I can remember gas wars when prices were in the teens...I am old. Smiley Sad

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 231 of 721 (1,220 Views)
Professor

By the time I got behind the wheel, gas was around 1.50 for reg. I think there was the beginning of self service and only one "full service" pump with the price always just a little higher...to have someone pump the gas for you. Thats all they did too. Kind of remind me how kids today never seen the good ole days of albums/vynle but only know cds, dvd, htv, drv, w.i.i. Ask'em about mtv and they laff. The only wii WE knew about were the three Bacon bros that used to git bullied by the Wolf boys . Smiley Very Happy
Message 232 of 721 (1,216 Views)
Expert

Smiley Very Happy  I think most kids don't know about CDs, only mp3s and streaming (and Torrents). Smiley Sad  They know about DLP theaters and IMAX, and mostly stream or download movies (why ATT is going to start capping us...j/k!).  It's a whole different world.

A few stations around town will give a cash discount, remember those?  But they don't advertise it openly until you pull up and read the fine print.  Mostly Valero and Phillips 66 that I've seen.  Who carries that MUCH cash to fill up their tank today? Smiley Sad

Message 233 of 721 (1,215 Views)
Professor

Local news outlets report that within the next 48 hours prices in the Grand Rapids Michigan market will go to 4 dollars a gallon

Message 234 of 721 (1,211 Views)
Expert

Smiley Sad

Message 235 of 721 (1,208 Views)
Master

I can not understand why the oil companies don't see this as a bad thing with the economy in the shape its in

like this is not adding more coffin nails to the overall problem.

Message 236 of 721 (1,198 Views)
Professor

...... the rich get richer.......
Message 237 of 721 (1,194 Views)
Expert

Drove into one station here in Detroit yesterday and prices were 4.01 per gallon.  I drove back out and found one where I paid 3.95.Smiley Surprised

Message 238 of 721 (1,187 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

You know what blows?  When you pay $3.63 / gal, like I did yesterday and think that you are getting a bargain.  Smiley Surprised Smiley Sad  It was $3.69-3.79 just 5 blocks away.   It wasn't out of my way to save $1.50 but I was a bit afraid that i would run out before I got there.  The free Gasbuddy app saved the day and $1.50. Smiley Wink

Message 239 of 721 (1,176 Views)
Master

$3.99 per gallon here in Bay City. Smiley Sad

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 240 of 721 (1,171 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support