Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

ACE - Master

Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

2.69 in Indy - was over 2.80 earlier this week!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 721 (12,758 Views)
Expert

Re: Gas Prices - Ugh!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

They get a little higher, but they are not connected to gasoline prices.  Natural gas = heating for home, oil = gasoline.  My take.

Message 16 of 721 (2,073 Views)
ACE - Expert

Some people heat their home by burning "heating oil", which is a petroleum distilate a bit heavier than gas.  My understanding is that this is most prevelent in New England (though I grew up in a home in South Carolina with this kind of heat). 

The amount of petroleum used to making heating oil will not be turned in to gasoline, thus it reduces the supply of gasoline and tends to drive up the price.  Some of the things that drive up the price of gasoline (e.g. the cost of petroleum) may also drive up the price of heating oil, but they are not directly tied together, because an increased supply of one may mean a decreased supply of another, etc.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 721 (2,064 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

And to be more on topic, my last fill up got down to $2.549.  The one before that was at the recent local high of $2.599.  There are several stations who sell it for as much as $2.699, and then there are those on the interstate who ask even more.

Message 18 of 721 (2,062 Views)
Expert

Thanks for clearing that up (we only have natural gas here).

Our prices get higher as you drive towards downtown/business district, and avoid corner stations with NO competition! Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 721 (2,054 Views)
Master

Gas was raised yesterday from $2.70 to $2.85. Smiley Sad

Figured they just wanted to gouge the Halloween weekend travelers by 15 cents/gal. Smiley Mad

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 20 of 721 (1,986 Views)

Uniblurb3 wrote:

Figured they just wanted to gouge the Halloween weekend travelers by 15 cents/gal. Smiley Mad

Ours has been declining lately.  Did not see any spikes due to Halloween since it's not a typical travel holiday.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 21 of 721 (1,978 Views)
Master

oufanindallas wrote:

Uniblurb3 wrote:

Ours has been declining lately.  Did not see any spikes due to Halloween since it's not a typical travel holiday.

Yeah, realize Halloween isn't a big travel holiday. But seems like around here any holiday will do for a gas price increase. Wouldn't doubt they even raised the prices on Arbor Day.

Smiley Very Happy

Probably just their weekly increase pattern here. They raise prices about every Weds/Thurs and often lower them on Mondays. That way they can nail all the weekend travelers. Smiley Mad

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 22 of 721 (1,970 Views)

Just paid 2.56 here in San Antonio...

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinion.
Message 23 of 721 (1,957 Views)
Expert

$2.48 yesterday (Houston).

Message 24 of 721 (1,943 Views)

Range from $2.49 - $2.99 in Plano/Frisco area.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 25 of 721 (1,935 Views)
Expert

Watching Boardwalk Empire last night and they were complaining about gas prices going up from 18 cents to 20 cents a gallon!

$2.49 yesterday.

Message 26 of 721 (1,913 Views)
ACE - Expert

I remember prices as low as $0.249 during gas wars in the 60's.

I passed a sign for $2.469 on my way to work this morning.

Message 27 of 721 (1,899 Views)
Expert

Yeah, gas wars were cool!  And all the freebies you'd get for filling up...STEAK KNIVES (for SomeJoe), drinking glasses; stamps to collect for redeemable goods.

We talked about this before on the ORIGINAL Gas Prices thread that got deleted in the merge. Smiley Mad

Message 28 of 721 (1,888 Views)

Cheapest I remember was.53 in the mid-late 70's

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinion.
Message 29 of 721 (1,878 Views)
Teacher

It was $3.83/gal on Maui two weeks ago. Smiley Wink

Message 30 of 721 (1,862 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.