G4 lives on. Style network will go away for the new Esquire Channel

Highlighted
ACE - Professor

G4 lives on. Style network will go away for the new Esquire Channel

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/nbcu-switch-up-esquire-network-624127

So instead of G4 getting the ax, we'll see the Style network disappear later this month to make room for the Esquire Network.

I have no idea what will happen to G4 since they axed all of thier original programming execpt for American Ninja Warrior, and they planned on moving that to Esquire.

IMO, there could be a small chance that Attack of the Show and X-Play returning with new episodes, or it will just ebcome a shell of its former self and just show Cops reruns.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 2 (1,907 Views)
Scholar

Re: G4 lives on. Style network will go away for the new Esquire Channel

An interesting twist.

Perhaps Comcast/NBCUniversal had more branding success with Oxygen to the point that it figured it shouldn't continue with two programming brands specifically demo-targeted to women.

I think G4 should be absored into FEARnet. That could probably work in getting more carriage agreements. Comcast/NBCUniversal clearly hasn't wanted to support G4 for quite some time. And I don't think it will be for Comcast/NBCUniversal what SOAPnet has been for ABC/Disney. At some point, "G4" officially goes away.

As for Style Network, it was launched in the late-1990s, about two or three years before Oxygen. Oxygen wasn't even a part of the Comcast/NBCUniveral brands, if I'm correct, because I think it was connected with Nickelodeon which, of course, is part of Viacom.

I think this has been a part of just how well execs run things at the Comcast/NBCUniversal empire. (I know that I am not impressed.)

Message 2 of 2 (1,768 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.