Ask a question

Posted Oct 6, 2013
    10:33:07 AM
    View profile
    Furious over billing!

I have both Uverse and Internet through AT&T.  My montly rate was $98.70 per month for the first year.  Last month my bill rose to $110.65.  I assumed this was a yearly rate increase.  I was not happy with it because I received no warning that my monthly billing was about to go up or what the new price would be, but I get it that rates increase. 

Fast forward to this month, I get a bill for $143.47!!  There is absolutely no notification that my bill was going up AGAIN in ONE month.  Who knows what they'll charge me next month, $200? $300?  This is absolutely rediculous and AT&T customers should not have to put up with this nonsence.

So either the rate increase was nearly $50 without any notification, in which case why did you charge me $110.65 last month?  Or you increased my rate twice in two months.  Or you incorrectly charged me $143.47 on my last bill.

If the $143.47 was a mistake, I would like a my account adjusted accordingly.  If this is not a mistake and you routinely hike rates $50 at a time and raise it multiple months in a row, I would like to cancel my account and move to a differenct internet/cable provider.  I had no problems for an entire year and enjoyed my AT&T, but this is crazy.  You shouldn't just be able to charge customers whatever you want without notifying them. 

Furious over billing!

5 replies
    (1) Me too
    (1) Me too
    View all replies
    (5)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 6, 2013 11:19:43 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

The U-verse bill has very detailed line items and show what you are being billed.  You should be able to compare the line items on your previous bills to see what rates you are being charged for each service to determine why your overall bill amount has changed.

Also, U-verse does include annual rate increase notices on your bill in the News You Can Use section.  Annual rate increases occur in February; however, they would be delayed for customers who are under a current pricing promotion.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Furious over billing!

2 of 6 (653 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 6, 2013 11:32:59 AM
    (0)
    Tutor

Yes, the amount for my Uverse and Internet each went up over the past two months, but that doesn't explain WHY they went up.  I get paperless billing and nowhere in the paperless bill the past two months was there any indication that my monthly bill would go up.  Nowhere in the online billpay does it show that my rate was going to go up.  I received no messages to my online bill pay profile telling me that rates would go up. 

AT&T gave me absolutely no indication that it was going to raise my prices.  It simply raised both my Uverse and Internet twice in two months.  Again, how do I know what my bill will be next month?  It seems to be whatever they decide like charging that month.  Ridiculous. 

3 of 6 (650 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 6, 2013 2:16:05 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (629 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 6, 2013 5:51:21 PM
    (0)
    Employee
    Edited by my thoughts on Oct 6, 2013 at 5:53:26 PM

Suspect two things happened...
    First as previously stated you were under a promotion which prevented your February increase till promotion was ending resulting in first increase.
    Second, your promotion ended and are now being charged regular monthly rates with no contract and no termination ($180) fee.
    If desire to enter into a new contract plan contact ATT at 1-800288-2020 and ask for retentions (not sales...for new accounts only).
    Retentions will work with you in setting up another 6 months, or 1 year plan...including early termination fee if cancel service before term is expired.

If review your past bills should see normal charge minus discounts with net plus taxes and fees, believe current bill would have no discount (out of promotion).
    Effectively you were receiving about $31 discount (just quick guessing) plus taxes equaling your differences between $110.65 nd $143.47.

Please post if this is correct understanding or not, and contact RETENTIONS for new term.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
    5 of 6 (605 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 16, 2013 12:20:04 PM
    (0)
    Employee

To me this sounds like your one year bundle promo expired in the middle of a billing cycle, so you would have received partial discounts for that month which would explain the slight increase. The next month would have been for a whole month without the bundle promotion, thus the higher price increase.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (343 Views)