Frustrated Uverse Customer

Contributor

Frustrated Uverse Customer

My discounts recently expired.  I was paying $141 for U450, 18Mbs, modem fee, and 4 HD boxes (1 DVR & 2 wireless). I have been on the phone or chat 5 different times since Friday as my bill has gone from $141 to $211.  I explained that I was happy with the options I had but needed the price to be the same or less.  I was given 5 different prices during all of my calls.  Two stand out the most.  After telling them I wanted to be close to what I was spending they came back with $181 and $179 which they said was a "reduced" price form $211.  

I went online and saw that if I were a new customer the cost would be $135 for the exact same packages and devices that I have.  The best ATT is willing to offer me for my loyalty is $154.  How will that retian customers?  Is the ATT motto, for your loyalty we will jack up the rate?

I have tried to be reasonable with ATT but they are leaving me no choice but to research other options.  I would like to keep what I have at the same price but ATT says there are no other discounts that they can provide me.

Message 1 of 4 (309 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Frustrated Uverse Customer

Hello, mdonovan317!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear your introductory pricing has expired. We'd be happy to go over some options with you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (261 Views)
Employee

As most new customer's do, they get introductory rates, like you did when you started service. Most likely that promotion last 12 months and once it does, the rates for all service go to their regular rates, just like yours did. Being offered to bring your bill down to $154 isn't too bad for the services that you have. A new customer with the exact same set up would be paying $140 a month before taxes and fees, which is close to what yours were. The $154 you were offered is still significantly less then the $211 you would be paying without that discount. Most companies don't even offer these kind of deals for existing customers, so what you were offered seems pretty reasonable. Also another thing to keep in mind, is that once promotions are over, ALL service providers rates go up, not just at&t.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4 (238 Views)
Employee

So you were receiving $70 in discounts that were adjusted from earlier price increase.
End of January IPTV packages increased $3, March 1st internet packages increased $5.... so 141 +8=149.
Additional fee increases HSIA $1 (6-7), receivers $1 for 3 =$3, local broadcast fee $1 (1.99-2.99) total $5
$149+$5=$154.

The $154 is offering you the exact same package, with $5 difference in discount as newer prices that went into effect during promotion were subsidies till promotion expired
When your promotion expired any new promotion would be from higher starting point.
Employee Contributor*
Message 4 of 4 (231 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.