Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 11, 2013
9:04:13 AM
View profile
Freezing and loss of service issues

I am having freezing and loss of service issues. Two technicians have been out, the first changed the modem and the second the feed wire from the Service box outside of the house,  the issue has still not been resolved. I am trying to watch the PGA Championship and am missing shot after shot because of the issues. I am about att my wits end, please help!

I am having freezing and loss of service issues. Two technicians have been out, the first changed the modem and the second the feed wire from the Service box outside of the house,  the issue has still not been resolved. I am trying to watch the PGA Championship and am missing shot after shot because of the issues. I am about att my wits end, please help!

Freezing and loss of service issues

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2013 9:46:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Tab2 - The only thing you can do is - If you have COAX eliminate it.

If you had the mainline replaced, it must be cat5. If you have coax, disconnect it from the RG, Connect a TV/STB via cat5 & reboot the RG & STB, If that does not work or you are already exclusively cat5, the problem must be outside,
Tab2 - The only thing you can do is - If you have COAX eliminate it.

If you had the mainline replaced, it must be cat5. If you have coax, disconnect it from the RG, Connect a TV/STB via cat5 & reboot the RG & STB, If that does not work or you are already exclusively cat5, the problem must be outside,
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Freezing and loss of service issues

2 of 5 (428 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2013 7:37:01 PM
(0)
Contributor

My "wired" TV is out, but my "wireless" TV works.  My internet download speed is 6MB when I'm paying for 18MB.  I don't understand.

My "wired" TV is out, but my "wireless" TV works.  My internet download speed is 6MB when I'm paying for 18MB.  I don't understand.

3 of 5 (371 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2013 7:52:36 PM
(0)
Employee
Slice master, wired TV is coax feed? Green link light on wired box? Home HPNA light ON at RG?
Reboot RG, wireless TV is WAP on Ethernet cable, suspect wired is coax and HPNA from RG is off or corrupt.
If does not resolve (quit client on TV) reboot wired set top box as well (unplug wait 10 sec, plug in)

For TAB2.....please download uvrealtime and post screen shots. http://www.uvrealtime.com/
Slice master, wired TV is coax feed? Green link light on wired box? Home HPNA light ON at RG?
Reboot RG, wireless TV is WAP on Ethernet cable, suspect wired is coax and HPNA from RG is off or corrupt.
If does not resolve (quit client on TV) reboot wired set top box as well (unplug wait 10 sec, plug in)

For TAB2.....please download uvrealtime and post screen shots. http://www.uvrealtime.com/
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 5 (364 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2013 1:17:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Click on the hyper link in my sig and you will be taken to AT&T Customer Care's profile.  Send them a PM with your info and the issue.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service, who can help you get this resolved.  They will reply to you via PM as well so watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification, as they will reply to you via PM as well.

Click on the hyper link in my sig and you will be taken to AT&T Customer Care's profile.  Send them a PM with your info and the issue.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service, who can help you get this resolved.  They will reply to you via PM as well so watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification, as they will reply to you via PM as well.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (296 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments