Fraud Advice

Contributor

Fraud Advice

Hi Everyone,

Hoping that some of you folks can help me out with a problem I'm having, or at least point me toward the people that can. Here is what is going on:

I have been an ATT customer from before it was ATT... I actually got my wireless service through Cingular if anyone remembers them. My wife and I used to have a U-verse account about two years ago, but it is closed and has a zero balance. (we moved out of state to a location with no U-verse coverage) Within the last few months, we have begun to receive official communications from ATT about equipment being sent, including tracking numbers for said equipment, changes to email addresses, and changes to other personal information. These communications have come in the form of Emails, automated texts to our wireless numbers and yesterday, a letter addressed to our home. When they first began arriving we contacted customer support, and was told after much time to simply "disregard" these notifications as our wireless account (the only active account I have) is secure, and no information has been changed or updated on it. They also confirmed our old U-verse account is indeed closed and no new service or equipment is associated with it. No one at any of the departments seems to really care that this is happening. Most of the reps are friendly and make an attempt to help, a few have been less so, but the bottom line is they are either unwilling, or unable to resolve the situation. I don't believe it is just some sort of computer error, as some of the Emails have been specific in the changes to personal information, and the information they say was changed is MY information. (things such as my Email address, my UserID on my old U-verse account) Other than telling me what is being changed, the communications don't fully identify the account these changes are being made to, I have a UPS tracking number for equipment shipped to west Tennessee, and they specify the last four digits of the account. I kind of find it hard to believe given the last four digits of the account number and a UPS tracking number for equipment ordered ATT is unable to pinpoint to whom their equipment is being shipped to. 

Do you guys have any advice on how, or with whom to pursue this further? Simply disregarding it as suggested by many of the reps on the phone seems to be more of a way of not wanting to deal with me, than sound advice on resolving the issue. The communications all say "Your privacy is important to us and we want to make sure you requested these changes", but their actions thus far sound more like they don't really care at all about my privacy, and this statement is simply corporate lip service.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Mark

Message 1 of 3 (263 Views)
ACE - Guru

Re: Fraud Advice

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (226 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Fraud Advice

Thanks for the response Jeffster, PM sent to ATTCustomerCare. Will see if that helps to get to the bottom of this. I hope so. 

Message 3 of 3 (219 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.