Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 26, 2013
5:54:53 AM
Fox Charlotte channel 46 cutting off scores

I have seen similar posts like this but seems like theres a mix between TV setup versus the channel broadcasting so hoping someone specific in the Charlotte NC area is having this problem. I don't subscribe to HD channels and when I am on channel 46 (local charlotte Fox WJZY) watching NFL games I noticed that the score in the upper left is cut off.  I've checked all of my settings and even moved the picture horizontally and I can see the black bar yet the broadcast still cuts off the scores.  other channels don't have this problem.

Here's my setup

• Vizio 37" SV370XVT HDTV connected via HDMI from my Uverse box to HDMI 1.   The "Wide" setting on the TV is set to "Full". (There is no option on this set for Letterbox or Picture Box or any specific aspect ration)
  • Uverse box aspect ratio on1080i and Zoom set to STRETCH

I've tried various combinations of the settings on the Uverse box and TV and nothing will make that channel work right.  Incidentally, my SD TV has the same problem on this channel

I have seen similar posts like this but seems like theres a mix between TV setup versus the channel broadcasting so hoping someone specific in the Charlotte NC area is having this problem. I don't subscribe to HD channels and when I am on channel 46 (local charlotte Fox WJZY) watching NFL games I noticed that the score in the upper left is cut off.  I've checked all of my settings and even moved the picture horizontally and I can see the black bar yet the broadcast still cuts off the scores.  other channels don't have this problem.

Here's my setup

• Vizio 37" SV370XVT HDTV connected via HDMI from my Uverse box to HDMI 1.   The "Wide" setting on the TV is set to "Full". (There is no option on this set for Letterbox or Picture Box or any specific aspect ration)
  • Uverse box aspect ratio on1080i and Zoom set to STRETCH

I've tried various combinations of the settings on the Uverse box and TV and nothing will make that channel work right.  Incidentally, my SD TV has the same problem on this channel

Fox Charlotte channel 46 cutting off scores

4 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 6:05:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
briane13168 - Based on your description, it sounds like it is the channel. Check their website for how to contact them & let them know.
briane13168 - Based on your description, it sounds like it is the channel. Check their website for how to contact them & let them know.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Fox Charlotte channel 46 cutting off scores

2 of 5 (335 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 6:07:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by JefferMC on Oct 26, 2013 at 6:08:02 AM

LIkely what is happening is that someone is taking the 16:9 HD format and is hacking off the ends to make the SD signal.  As I'm assuming that your local Fox affiliate (WJZY) is long past making the transition to Digital, I'm going to assume that they're providing one, HD, feed to AT&T.  Then AT&T, at the local VHO, is hacking off the sides rather than letterboxing/scaling.

I've seen the same behavior on some channels myself, but not others.

I guess the best way to be sure is to see if someone you know gets this channel OTA (Over the Air, i.e. using an antenna) and can tell you what the picture looks like.

LIkely what is happening is that someone is taking the 16:9 HD format and is hacking off the ends to make the SD signal.  As I'm assuming that your local Fox affiliate (WJZY) is long past making the transition to Digital, I'm going to assume that they're providing one, HD, feed to AT&T.  Then AT&T, at the local VHO, is hacking off the sides rather than letterboxing/scaling.

I've seen the same behavior on some channels myself, but not others.

I guess the best way to be sure is to see if someone you know gets this channel OTA (Over the Air, i.e. using an antenna) and can tell you what the picture looks like.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
3 of 5 (335 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 6:28:49 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks Jeff, I'll try reaching out to the local affiliate directly and see if they can answer and repost to this thread what I find

Thanks Jeff, I'll try reaching out to the local affiliate directly and see if they can answer and repost to this thread what I find

4 of 5 (324 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 8:33:37 PM
(0)
Contributor
I live in Charlotte and am having the exact same problem. It is incredibly annoying.
I live in Charlotte and am having the exact same problem. It is incredibly annoying.

5 of 5 (297 Views)