For ANYONE with Wireless / Netflix / Youtube / Slowdown Issues

Mentor

For ANYONE with Wireless / Netflix / Youtube / Slowdown Issues

[ Edited ]

Don't buy an adapter!!!

My suggestion would be to go into your RGs control panel via 192.168.1.254
Get the Device Access Code/System Password from the side of the RG, it is NOT the same as the wireless network key. Then goto your wireless network configuration page. Find the wireless channel and make sure it's NOT on AUTO. If it is, lock it into a channel besides 1, 6, or 11. I usually use 9. I'd be willing to bet money it will at least make it better. It won't always fix it, but that auto channel feature is garbage and they should remove it from the gateways.  I've helped countless customers with this issue as a Uverse Phone Tech. I've found that most people with iPads or other Apple devices will notice the issue the fastest. I don't know why but it seems to effect them worse. There is probably an 80% chance this will fix your wifi issues!

Message 1 of 2 (345 Views)
Community Manager

Re: For ANYONE with Wireless / Netflix / Youtube / Slowdown Issues

Nice tip, I don't personalty have a system to test this on, hopefully someone can try and let us know about their experience.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (290 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.