Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 8, 2012
5:07:04 PM
View profile
First bill was DOUBLE what I expected...

So like many others I signed up for uverse not knowing the pain I was going to be going through.  Physical installation took 2 days, first day nearly 8 hours, second time an additional 5.  But I gave them the benefit of a doubt, now this close to the last straw.  Checked online today to find my bill nearly double the quoted amount when I signed on.  I did the 85/month package and the first month's bill is showing something in the range of $169!!!

I called billing and a very rude lady name Rhonda who sounded like she was eating her lunch proceeded to tell me that she couldn't pull up my account because it was too new.  I don't quite understand how you can provide customer service if your customer's information doesn't even come up.  Too new??? I had service for a month.  So I figured I should ask her what what those charges could be?  She said they could be prorated charges and I'm thinking to myself, seriously, a $169 charge for first month's service due to prorating when I received service on 7/12 and today is only 8/8.  

Not surprisingly she couldn't answer anything else and even got a bit impatient with my additional questions and just told me to check back in 24 hrs to see if they update my account information. Frankly spending 15 minutes on hold navigating menus just to speak to an impatient rep is not my idea of a good time...is there another way to get this sorted out? 

So like many others I signed up for uverse not knowing the pain I was going to be going through.  Physical installation took 2 days, first day nearly 8 hours, second time an additional 5.  But I gave them the benefit of a doubt, now this close to the last straw.  Checked online today to find my bill nearly double the quoted amount when I signed on.  I did the 85/month package and the first month's bill is showing something in the range of $169!!!

I called billing and a very rude lady name Rhonda who sounded like she was eating her lunch proceeded to tell me that she couldn't pull up my account because it was too new.  I don't quite understand how you can provide customer service if your customer's information doesn't even come up.  Too new??? I had service for a month.  So I figured I should ask her what what those charges could be?  She said they could be prorated charges and I'm thinking to myself, seriously, a $169 charge for first month's service due to prorating when I received service on 7/12 and today is only 8/8.  

Not surprisingly she couldn't answer anything else and even got a bit impatient with my additional questions and just told me to check back in 24 hrs to see if they update my account information. Frankly spending 15 minutes on hold navigating menus just to speak to an impatient rep is not my idea of a good time...is there another way to get this sorted out? 

First bill was DOUBLE what I expected...

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2012 5:32:31 PM
(0)
Expert

Yes, your first bill could be much higher than what your normal monthly bills will be due to the addition of a prorated billing period, installation costs and other one time fees.  See the link below for an explanation of your first bill:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401260&title=Understand+your+first+bill#fbid=wU_ZJnsOm...

Yes, your first bill could be much higher than what your normal monthly bills will be due to the addition of a prorated billing period, installation costs and other one time fees.  See the link below for an explanation of your first bill:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401260&title=Understand+your+first+bill#fbid=wU_ZJnsOm62

Re: First bill was DOUBLE what I expected...

2 of 9 (1,956 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2012 5:36:36 PM
(0)
Teacher

thanks for the reply but the link is dead.  I wouldn't be so frustrated if I could explicitly see what the breakdown of each cost is, but I can't even see that or inquire about it due to the account being "too new"

thanks for the reply but the link is dead.  I wouldn't be so frustrated if I could explicitly see what the breakdown of each cost is, but I can't even see that or inquire about it due to the account being "too new"

3 of 9 (1,951 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2012 5:38:00 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Aug 8, 2012 at 5:40:13 PM

The link works for me.

Also, you should be able to log into your account online once you receive email notification that you bill is available to be viewed online.

The link works for me.

Also, you should be able to log into your account online once you receive email notification that you bill is available to be viewed online.

[ Edited ]
4 of 9 (1,949 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2012 5:46:38 PM
(0)
Teacher

I can login fine to see my account. problem is it's just 1 lump sum that I have to pay.  None of it is broken down and when you try to access details all you see is "your account is too new, information unavailable."  so what i'm assuming i'm suppossed to do is close my eyes, give att my money, and hope things get resolved on their own?  judging from some other posts about people calling in EVERY month to dispute billing charges, i don't think it would be smart.

I can login fine to see my account. problem is it's just 1 lump sum that I have to pay.  None of it is broken down and when you try to access details all you see is "your account is too new, information unavailable."  so what i'm assuming i'm suppossed to do is close my eyes, give att my money, and hope things get resolved on their own?  judging from some other posts about people calling in EVERY month to dispute billing charges, i don't think it would be smart.

5 of 9 (1,944 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2012 4:19:57 AM
(0)
Master

rogerchew wrote:

If you have a bill that's available, then you can see the entire detail under your account when you log in.  There is no such thing as an account being "too new".

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

rogerchew wrote:

If you have a bill that's available, then you can see the entire detail under your account when you log in.  There is no such thing as an account being "too new".

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

6 of 9 (1,867 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2012 4:49:40 AM
(0)
Master

oufanindallas wrote:

Maybe that's something so new you don't have the details yet.Smiley Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

oufanindallas wrote:

Maybe that's something so new you don't have the details yet.Smiley Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

7 of 9 (1,863 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2012 9:59:36 AM
(0)
Tutor

Link doesn't work for me either and a lot of time has passed since this fellow's initial complaint. My first online bill is also much higher than expected and IS broken down, showing that I am being overcharged by about $65 a month.

Link doesn't work for me either and a lot of time has passed since this fellow's initial complaint. My first online bill is also much higher than expected and IS broken down, showing that I am being overcharged by about $65 a month.

8 of 9 (1,763 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2014 9:44:06 AM
(0)
Tutor

Get used to it! The bills are NEVER right! I have had to call in every month for almost 3 years since  switched to Uverse.

Get used to it! The bills are NEVER right! I have had to call in every month for almost 3 years since  switched to Uverse.

9 of 9 (573 Views)