Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 2, 2013
8:27:14 PM
Finding out some has U-Verse or not when available checker says no but people around them does

Alright I know there is a post on this and I'm sorry for re-posting it. My sister who use to have U-verse in her old building in Chicago just moved into a new home. Well, a ton of people around her in her building can get U-verse. The availability checker says it's not available, but I checked other people places on here floor and they have it. 

I remember I had this problem for my parents house. Someone on here let me contact them through private messaging on these forums and helped me out to get it as my parents house. Does anyone know who that guy was on here and anyone that can help open up a ticket maybe?

Right now she has Comcast and she really doesn't like paying more money and she likes U-verse a lot better.

Thanks in advance.

Alright I know there is a post on this and I'm sorry for re-posting it. My sister who use to have U-verse in her old building in Chicago just moved into a new home. Well, a ton of people around her in her building can get U-verse. The availability checker says it's not available, but I checked other people places on here floor and they have it. 

I remember I had this problem for my parents house. Someone on here let me contact them through private messaging on these forums and helped me out to get it as my parents house. Does anyone know who that guy was on here and anyone that can help open up a ticket maybe?

Right now she has Comcast and she really doesn't like paying more money and she likes U-verse a lot better.

Thanks in advance.

Finding out some has U-Verse or not when available checker says no but people around them does

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2013 9:07:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You may click this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to open up an address validation case on your behalf. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelopein the upper right hand corner of this site) in a business day or three.

Please provide the best way and time to contact you, as well as the EXACT address in question, as well as one or two immediate neighbors who have it.

It could be a facilities issue, i.e. all of the ports in the local VRAD are full and they're not able to expand it or build another one fast enough.  I've seen them build two VRADs half way between others near me; part of this is for shorter loops for faster speeds, but also to increase capacity.

You may click this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to open up an address validation case on your behalf. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelopein the upper right hand corner of this site) in a business day or three.

Please provide the best way and time to contact you, as well as the EXACT address in question, as well as one or two immediate neighbors who have it.

It could be a facilities issue, i.e. all of the ports in the local VRAD are full and they're not able to expand it or build another one fast enough.  I've seen them build two VRADs half way between others near me; part of this is for shorter loops for faster speeds, but also to increase capacity.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Finding out some has U-Verse or not when available checker says no but people around them does

2 of 3 (163 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2013 8:22:31 PM
(0)
Guru

thank you

thank you

Re: Finding out some has U-Verse or not when available checker says no but people around them does

3 of 3 (138 Views)