Feeling Scammed!

Highlighted
Tutor

Feeling Scammed!

So my Acct. was set up for installation of Uverse TV and Internet, Wireless Home Phone, Digital Life Alarm Service and the addition of 2 IPads at a cost of $1410 to me. I stopped in the store the day before installation to port the new phone line from TMobile to my ATT Account. When I asked how the scheduled install for the next day was looking, I was told that an Engineer had gone to my address the week prior and found exactly what I had said, that Uverse is not available on my block so I would not be able to get Uverse Internet and TV. I requested cancellation of the order and install on July 21, 2014.
On the morning of July 22, 2014 my Home Phone and Internet services we're cut off and I was told that the account had been cancelled. I spent the next 4 days attempting to regain Home Phone and Internet services that should never have been disconnected.
At this point, I believe that I am a victim of Fraud based on a Bait and Switch tactic as described within the State of California Law. I am out $1410 for equipment and I was not able to get the promised rebates to offset that cost.
The worst part of this whole situation is that every person who I spoke with over the past month who works for ATT has told me that Uverse is available on my block and it is clearly not. What does it take to get ATT to stop tricking customers to sign up for service at a cost when the services do not exist?
I would like to be made whole for my financial losses during this situation. I won't even be able to enjoy the reduced monthly bills I was promised because they were offered from the Uverse order.
Message 1 of 7 (288 Views)
Tutor

Re: Feeling Scammed!

Oh, and the Private Message thing in hopes of getting someone to respond to your complaint! Yeah Right, Good Luck with that. Still waiting for "the flashing envelope in the corner" letting me know I have a message from ATT.
Message 2 of 7 (284 Views)
ACE - Expert

Well, the envelope no longer flashes, it just appears when needed and disappears otherwise.

How long ago did you send your PM?  Have you still not heard back?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7 (243 Views)
Tutor

It has been 1 day since I sent a Private Message about my experience.
Message 4 of 7 (212 Views)
Tutor

Still have not heard back from anyone regarding my issues.
Message 5 of 7 (211 Views)

[ Edited ]

Don't give up--responses can take 1-3 business days so you should hear soon.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein
Message 6 of 7 (190 Views)
Tutor

Misrepresentation by Sales Staff3

[ Edited ]

"I went to the local ATTStore to add a line to my account on June 21, 2014. I inquired about Uverse and Bundles while there. I signed up for Uverse TV and Internet, wireless Home Phone, added another wireless line to my account and signed up for Digital Life installation. All to be installed on June 22, 2014.
When I inquired about Uverse, I made it very clear to the Sales Rep Vanessa G. that Uverse was not available on my block literally 3 blocks from the Store as my neighbor had attempted having it installed approximately 2-3 years earlier and it had to be removed due to unavailability in the area. She contacted the Mgr. Abel, who checked the ATT Computers and he assured me that Uverse was available and he offered rebates of $400 if I added an IPad to the order. So my Acct. #***** was set up for installation of Uverse TV and Internet, Wireless Home Phone, Digital Life Alarm Service and the addition of 2 IPads at a cost of $1410 to me. I stopped in the store the day before installation to port the new phone line from TMobile to my ATT Account. When I asked how the scheduled install for the next day was looking, I was told that an Engineer had gone to my address the week prior and found exactly what I had said, that Uverse is not available on my block so I would not be able to get Uverse Internet and TV. I requested cancellation of the order and install on July 21, 2014.
On the morning of July 22, 2014 my Home Phone and Internet services we're cut off and I was told that the account had been cancelled. I spent the next 4 days attempting to regain Home Phone and Internet services that should never have been disconnected.
At this point, I believe that I am a victim of Fraud based on a Bait and Switch tactic as described within the State of California Law. I am out $1410 for equipment and I was not able to get the promised rebates to offset that cost.
The worst part of this whole situation is that every person who I spoke with over the past month who works for ATT has told me that Uverse is available on my block and it is clearly not. What does it take to get ATT to stop tricking customers to sign up for service at a cost when the services do not exist?
I would like to be made whole for my financial losses during this situation. I won't even be able to enjoy the reduced monthly bills I was promised because they were offered from the Uverse order."

I sent this message over 1 week ago and the only responses I got were from ATT Reps. telling me to be patient and they would address my complaint. Oh, and a third message asking for my address so they could update their system.

At this point, I am SO dissatisfied that I am looking for alternate providers for internet, home phone and TV services.
As I stated above, the reason for purchasing IPads and signing up for Uverse was to benefit from reduced costs of the bundled services and a reduction in overall payments. All I got from AT&T was a an "Oh Well".
To add to the bad customer service, they actually have tried billing me for cancellation and activation fees of $203.03 for a Wireless Home Phone that I returned due this problem.
Wow! Talk about not caring about customers as Real People.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the GuidelinesOh that's right, you have to go to Arbitration first because it's a clause in the contract.

Looking forward to seeing their Rep. at the Arbitration Deposition,

Sorry for the long winded complaint. Hope it was worth the read.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal information]

Message 7 of 7 (197 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.