Features of our new uverse

Contributor

Features of our new uverse

just have a few questions. I was reading about our uverse acct and saw that they offer Mcafee security suit for thier customers,how many pcs can we download that too ?? is it one per acct or can we download it to all four laptops that are using this account ?  and, is there a way to put a data usage cap on one or two laptops that are becoming data pigs on our home network ? thank you for any and all inputs.

Message 1 of 8 (519 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Features of our new uverse

You can load all of your computers using the McAfee, it's free as a subscriber, but I would recommend you use Microsoft Security Essentials.  You can get it here for free: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download.  It's not such a resource hog.

As for the data usage cap you really don't need one since the are currently no usage limits on Uverse HSI. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8 (492 Views)
Employee

Hi Skyrover,

You can check this article for more information on Internet Usage

Click Here : Broadband Usage FAQ's

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 8 (452 Views)
Teacher

Beware that the McAfee Security Suite, free from Road Runner (a.k.a. Time Warner) does not contain a Firewall.  Check U-Verse for this kind of shenanigans.

Message 4 of 8 (429 Views)

If you are running a PC, download and use Microsoft Security Essentials and run, don't walk away from McAfee.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 5 of 8 (418 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

zeexenon wrote:

Beware that the McAfee Security Suite, free from Road Runner (a.k.a. Time Warner) does not contain a Firewall.  Check U-Verse for this kind of shenanigans.

Windows already has a firewall, though I'm pretty sure the McAfee/U-verse offering contains one as well.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 8 (406 Views)
Expert

I agree with BeeBee about using Microsoft Security Essentials instead of McAfee.  MSE runs quietly in the background as it monitors the computer, it is not a memroy hog, and it's free.  I also suggest installing the free version of Malwarebytes to scan computers for malware.  There is a pay version that monitors the computer 24/7 but you can scan your computer effectively with the free version.

Message 7 of 8 (367 Views)

RCSMG wrote:

I agree with BeeBee about using Microsoft Security Essentials instead of McAfee.  MSE runs quietly in the background as it monitors the computer, it is not a memroy hog, and it's free.  I also suggest installing the free version of Malwarebytes to scan computers for malware.  There is a pay version that monitors the computer 24/7 but you can scan your computer effectively with the free version.

I was using Malwarebytes at work so much on my customers computers that I ended up paying for it at home.  I like having the 24/7 passive scan. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 8 of 8 (315 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.