Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 5, 2013
9:22:44 AM
View profile
Features of our new uverse

just have a few questions. I was reading about our uverse acct and saw that they offer Mcafee security suit for thier customers,how many pcs can we download that too ?? is it one per acct or can we download it to all four laptops that are using this account ?  and, is there a way to put a data usage cap on one or two laptops that are becoming data pigs on our home network ? thank you for any and all inputs.

just have a few questions. I was reading about our uverse acct and saw that they offer Mcafee security suit for thier customers,how many pcs can we download that too ?? is it one per acct or can we download it to all four laptops that are using this account ?  and, is there a way to put a data usage cap on one or two laptops that are becoming data pigs on our home network ? thank you for any and all inputs.

Features of our new uverse

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2013 3:17:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

You can load all of your computers using the McAfee, it's free as a subscriber, but I would recommend you use Microsoft Security Essentials.  You can get it here for free: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download.  It's not such a resource hog.

As for the data usage cap you really don't need one since the are currently no usage limits on Uverse HSI. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

You can load all of your computers using the McAfee, it's free as a subscriber, but I would recommend you use Microsoft Security Essentials.  You can get it here for free: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download.  It's not such a resource hog.

As for the data usage cap you really don't need one since the are currently no usage limits on Uverse HSI. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Features of our new uverse

2 of 8 (482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 2:39:35 AM
(0)
Employee

Hi Skyrover,

You can check this article for more information on Internet Usage

Click Here : Broadband Usage FAQ's

Hi Skyrover,

You can check this article for more information on Internet Usage

Click Here : Broadband Usage FAQ's

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 8 (442 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 3:09:34 PM
(0)
Teacher

Beware that the McAfee Security Suite, free from Road Runner (a.k.a. Time Warner) does not contain a Firewall.  Check U-Verse for this kind of shenanigans.

Beware that the McAfee Security Suite, free from Road Runner (a.k.a. Time Warner) does not contain a Firewall.  Check U-Verse for this kind of shenanigans.

4 of 8 (419 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 5:02:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

If you are running a PC, download and use Microsoft Security Essentials and run, don't walk away from McAfee.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

If you are running a PC, download and use Microsoft Security Essentials and run, don't walk away from McAfee.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 8 (408 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 8:40:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by JefferMC on Dec 9, 2013 at 8:41:29 PM

zeexenon wrote:

Windows already has a firewall, though I'm pretty sure the McAfee/U-verse offering contains one as well.

zeexenon wrote:

Windows already has a firewall, though I'm pretty sure the McAfee/U-verse offering contains one as well.

[ Edited ]
6 of 8 (396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2013 12:09:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I agree with BeeBee about using Microsoft Security Essentials instead of McAfee.  MSE runs quietly in the background as it monitors the computer, it is not a memroy hog, and it's free.  I also suggest installing the free version of Malwarebytes to scan computers for malware.  There is a pay version that monitors the computer 24/7 but you can scan your computer effectively with the free version.

I agree with BeeBee about using Microsoft Security Essentials instead of McAfee.  MSE runs quietly in the background as it monitors the computer, it is not a memroy hog, and it's free.  I also suggest installing the free version of Malwarebytes to scan computers for malware.  There is a pay version that monitors the computer 24/7 but you can scan your computer effectively with the free version.

7 of 8 (357 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 4:12:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

RCSMG wrote:

I was using Malwarebytes at work so much on my customers computers that I ended up paying for it at home.  I like having the 24/7 passive scan. 

RCSMG wrote:

I was using Malwarebytes at work so much on my customers computers that I ended up paying for it at home.  I like having the 24/7 passive scan. 

8 of 8 (305 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments