Helpful Links

Fearnet 2014, where did it go??

Mentor

Fearnet 2014, where did it go??

Well here we go again, no renewal of Fearnet Movies. There's like 5-6 movies that have been there for a couple of months now. No new movies have been available for 2014, as a matter of fact, they removed just about all the movies they had on there. AT&T know's there's customers out here that like these cheaply made and some pricely made horror flicks out there. And ones like me, who pay big bucks to watch TV!!! I can't wait for the new month to see what on track for the month, now it's just a disapointment. And the other On Demand Movies have been there so long, they have dust on them, lol, lol.

Just bring Fearnet back, Please???????

A Loyal Customer,

MR. ROK Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 11
ACE - Master

Re: Fearnet 2014, where did it go??

I think they are scared to update it!!  Or maybe fearful?

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 11
Mentor

It seems like we just went thru this with Fearnet. AT&T makes pleanty of money to renew Fearnet's contract. I guess I could download Fearnet's movies on Fearnet's website, but who want's to do that when I'm paying over $167.00 bucks a month just for TV, not including the other two things I have in my bundle. Well they better be scared, scared I don't switch carriers, hehehe...............

MR. ROK Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 11

MRROK wrote:

It seems like we just went thru this with Fearnet. AT&T makes pleanty of money to renew Fearnet's contract. I guess I could download Fearnet's movies on Fearnet's website, but who want's to do that when I'm paying over $167.00 bucks a month just for TV, not including the other two things I have in my bundle. Well they better be scared, scared I don't switch carriers, hehehe...............

MR. ROK Smiley Mad

Fearnet pays AT&T to broadcast their channel?  AT&T has to pay Fearnet for carriage rights. Regardless whether it's a channel in a package such as U300 or a subscription channel.  While AT&T does make money by selling subscriptions, if the number of subscribers doesn't equal what they are paying every month then they are not going to continue with the channel.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 4 of 11
Mentor

Ummmmm, yeah, I know At&T pays Fearnet to broadcast their network, I didn't just start watching TV last week for crying out loud. What an insult, thanks. That's why I said, " AT&T makes pleanty of money to renew Fearnet's contract." What wasn't understandable?????? And like I said, we've been thru this before and no one, including AT&T, could give me an answer why when I called and asked. The other cable networks broadcasts it, but not expensive U-Verse, grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

A Very Disappointed Loyal Customer,

ROK Smiley Sad  

Message 5 of 11
Scholar

I still see Fearnet and with movies it has not gone away here in Georgia what's all the talk about it being removed Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
Highlighted
Mentor

Are there more than 5 movies? Those five movies have been there since November. That's the last time new movies were added to the line up. There were about 25 movies, but they kept removing them without adding any new ones. I should have said, "Is AT&T going to renew Fearnets contract?" If you do have a full set of NEW movies on the Fearnet Network, then something is wrong up here in the northeast.........

Message 7 of 11
Tutor

Why is it we have to go through this nonsense every year?  Here it is, April 3, and still no Fearnet!  What gives and why does no one from Uverse ever bother to reply?  Is it asking too much for someone to let us know what the heck is going on?

Message 8 of 11
ACE - Professor

Frohike wrote:

Why is it we have to go through this nonsense every year?  Here it is, April 3, and still no Fearnet!  What gives and why does no one from Uverse ever bother to reply?  Is it asking too much for someone to let us know what the heck is going on?

This forum is a peer-to-peer forum so a lot of regular customers post. A couple employees post. They have disclaimers beneath their posts in order to stand out. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 11
Mentor

Well I think this time Fearnet is gone, gone, gone!!! It's not even listed in VOD anymore. And for the last couple of months the same movies were playing. And quite a few of them were not in english and I hate reading subtitles!! I don't know why AT&T has so many problems with this particular network.......

MR ROK Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 11
Scholar

While U-Verse may have many advantages, Video On Demand isn't one of them. If you're interested in Video On Demand, you are FAR better off with Time Warner or Comcast.

As much as we wish it was otherwise, no one provider has the totality of what everyone is looking for. Time Warner has superior VOD but they also give you, in many cases,  a teeny-tiny DVR that can hold maybe 20 hours of HD. You make your choices...

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support