Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 22, 2013
1:42:24 PM
View profile
Favorites and Hiding Channels

If anyone from the ATT&T Team is interested, I know you can't make everyone happy about everything but...

I have two major complaints about the CHANNEL GUIDE.

First, each time you view the guide you have to go through multiple steps to get to a FAVORITES list.  Once you choose a particular Favorites list then the Guide should default to that unless changed to another list.

Second, when trying to HIDE channels there isn't an option for "Uncheck all." Since the checked (show) channels will be fewer than the unchecked (hide) channels, an "Uncheck all" would make it a lot less frustrating.

Third, but this is minor and I haven't tested it on the default Guide, if I'm on one of my Favorites channels and push the GUIDE button the channel guide doesn't open to the channel I'm on.  It seems to pop to some random channel.  Why doesn't it open to the current channel?

If anyone from the ATT&T Team is interested, I know you can't make everyone happy about everything but...

I have two major complaints about the CHANNEL GUIDE.

First, each time you view the guide you have to go through multiple steps to get to a FAVORITES list.  Once you choose a particular Favorites list then the Guide should default to that unless changed to another list.

Second, when trying to HIDE channels there isn't an option for "Uncheck all." Since the checked (show) channels will be fewer than the unchecked (hide) channels, an "Uncheck all" would make it a lot less frustrating.

Third, but this is minor and I haven't tested it on the default Guide, if I'm on one of my Favorites channels and push the GUIDE button the channel guide doesn't open to the channel I'm on.  It seems to pop to some random channel.  Why doesn't it open to the current channel?

Favorites and Hiding Channels

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2013 1:57:22 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, rcdiane!

Thanks for your post! We always appreciate constructive feedback from customers.

If you think of anything else you wish to add, please feel free to message me. I will go ahead and forward your comments to the appropriate channel.

Thanks!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, rcdiane!

Thanks for your post! We always appreciate constructive feedback from customers.

If you think of anything else you wish to add, please feel free to message me. I will go ahead and forward your comments to the appropriate channel.

Thanks!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Favorites and Hiding Channels

2 of 4 (223 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2013 2:20:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
rcdianne - The behavior you report as the guide not opening on the channel you are on is unique to you & not correct. The guide always opens on the channel yu are watching. Maybe try a reboot of the STB.
rcdianne - The behavior you report as the guide not opening on the channel you are on is unique to you & not correct. The guide always opens on the channel yu are watching. Maybe try a reboot of the STB.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (216 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2013 6:13:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

If you know the channel # you want to hide or unhide just input the channel. It will take you right to it...

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!

If you know the channel # you want to hide or unhide just input the channel. It will take you right to it...

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (189 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments