Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 5, 2013
7:18:26 PM
Favorites access got worse!

Aack! This new firmware makes it even more difficult to get to my favorites list. Yes, there can now be multiple lists, but unless I'm missing something, it takes about a half dozen button presses to get to one.

By pressing the Enter/Zoom button after pressing Guide, I can select the list from the Favorites List selection and see the guide change, but it's not "sticky" -- the next time I press Guide I get the whole guide and have to go through the sequence to see the favorites.

What I really want is to select the list I want to see when pressing Guide and then have it stay that way permanently until I make a different list selection. Looks like they got halfway there, but missed something along the way.

Aack! This new firmware makes it even more difficult to get to my favorites list. Yes, there can now be multiple lists, but unless I'm missing something, it takes about a half dozen button presses to get to one.

By pressing the Enter/Zoom button after pressing Guide, I can select the list from the Favorites List selection and see the guide change, but it's not "sticky" -- the next time I press Guide I get the whole guide and have to go through the sequence to see the favorites.

What I really want is to select the list I want to see when pressing Guide and then have it stay that way permanently until I make a different list selection. Looks like they got halfway there, but missed something along the way.

Favorites access got worse!

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2013 6:28:42 AM
(0)
Tutor

Yea, it sucks. There are a couple other threads about it, but you summed it up pretty well...

I would eventually like a one button option to get to favorites.

Yea, it sucks. There are a couple other threads about it, but you summed it up pretty well...

I would eventually like a one button option to get to favorites.

Re: Favorites access got worse!

2 of 5 (413 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2013 6:38:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
att listens - They heard all the complaints and made a change to add options. They just applied the Microsoft "maximize button push" philosophy instead of actually making it usable.
att listens - They heard all the complaints and made a change to add options. They just applied the Microsoft "maximize button push" philosophy instead of actually making it usable.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (410 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2013 2:50:11 PM
(0)
Voyager

The fastest way to see the last Favorites filtered guide is Menu/Favorites.

To recap:

When watching TV, the Enter/Favorites List selection doesn't really do anything.

When viewing the Guide, the Enter/Favorites List selection filters until you exit and push Guide again.

The fastest way to see the last Favorites filtered guide is Menu/Favorites.

To recap:

When watching TV, the Enter/Favorites List selection doesn't really do anything.

When viewing the Guide, the Enter/Favorites List selection filters until you exit and push Guide again.

4 of 5 (375 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 12:38:10 PM
(0)
Voyager

I agree with your post. Getting favorites was not good in the first place, but the upgrade is worse.  Make the option to keep the favorite when hitting the guide button.  Direct TV works that way.  Not

rochrunner wrote:

rocket science......

I agree with your post. Getting favorites was not good in the first place, but the upgrade is worse.  Make the option to keep the favorite when hitting the guide button.  Direct TV works that way.  Not

rochrunner wrote:

rocket science......

5 of 5 (226 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments