Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 22, 2014
1:44:59 PM
View profile
Fastest speed available 18mbps?

I signed up for U Verse and began service a little over a week ago. When I signed up for serivce, i was offered speeds of up to 24mbps with the promise that we would be getting upgraded to Gigapower speeds here in Austin sometime soon. I'm not counting on those fast speeds quite yet, but i settled on 18mbps. The connection seems to be pretty steady, but if I'm streaming anything I hit buffers once in a while, so I wanted to upgrade to 24mbps. Well when I logged into my account and tried to change this, the fastest option showing was 18mbps, which i already have. Is this really as fast as it gets or can I just no see it online?

I signed up for U Verse and began service a little over a week ago. When I signed up for serivce, i was offered speeds of up to 24mbps with the promise that we would be getting upgraded to Gigapower speeds here in Austin sometime soon. I'm not counting on those fast speeds quite yet, but i settled on 18mbps. The connection seems to be pretty steady, but if I'm streaming anything I hit buffers once in a while, so I wanted to upgrade to 24mbps. Well when I logged into my account and tried to change this, the fastest option showing was 18mbps, which i already have. Is this really as fast as it gets or can I just no see it online?

Fastest speed available 18mbps?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2014 6:31:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

sbballer0610 wrote:

Depending upon your line conditions and/or current line profile, you may not be able to go above 18 Mbps.  If you are currently on the 25/2 profile, then 18 is the max you can get.  If your line will support it, you could get bumped up to the 32/5 profile which would allow you to get the 24 Mbps service.  If you go into your current RG/s setup pages and look at your current line statistics, then you should be able to see your current configuration and line status, which shoud tell you if the other profile is an option for you.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

sbballer0610 wrote:

Depending upon your line conditions and/or current line profile, you may not be able to go above 18 Mbps.  If you are currently on the 25/2 profile, then 18 is the max you can get.  If your line will support it, you could get bumped up to the 32/5 profile which would allow you to get the 24 Mbps service.  If you go into your current RG/s setup pages and look at your current line statistics, then you should be able to see your current configuration and line status, which shoud tell you if the other profile is an option for you.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Fastest speed available 18mbps?

2 of 2 (142 Views)