Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 8, 2014
2:28:18 PM
View profile
False Advertising for U-Verse 450 with Internet:
Edited by cathy2981 on Apr 8, 2014 at 3:08:02 PM

I signed up for AT&T bundle package on 04/06/2014 (U-Verse 450 and Internet) advertised on their webpage at $104.00 per month for one year. When I spoke with the agent I told him that I wanted a DVR which was included in the package with 3 other receivers and I asked the agent if there was a charge for the extra receivers he told me that there were no extra charges but there would be a one time installation charge of $49.00 which I knew that there would be one. Today 04/07/2014 I called up the order to check on the status and the details, to my surprise my montly total was for $119.00 for the bundle and the one time installation fee of $49.00. I called AT&T and asked them why there was difference of $15.00 on the monthly fees when their advertising says $104.00 and not $119.00, bottom line is that they were charching me extra per month  $8.00 for one receiver and a $7.00  AT&T U-Verse Technology fee (whatever that is!!)

I told the agent that if you read the tab on the webpage advertising where it says "See Offer Details" It says nothing about extra charges pertaining to equipment and other fees, see below.  

Offer Details

Get $76 off per month, for 12 months when you order U450 TV with High Speed Internet Max Plus or higher, and HBO®. One-year term required for bundled U-verse services. For new residential U-verse customers. After 12 months, standard rates apply unless canceled by customer. Must maintain qualifying services for continued receipt of credit(s). Bundle Offer ends 6/28/14. For new residential U-verse customers. An early termination fee of up to $180 may apply if U-verse services are terminated.

AT&T is going to give me a one time credit of $96.00 to cover the $8.00 extra charge for the receiver but I'm still stuck with the $7.00 monthly charge for this (AT&T U-Verse Tecnology Fee) The bottom line is that &104.00 DOES NOT EQUAL $119.00 and I wish that AT&T would be straight forward when they advertise this bundle packages and not try to ripp off the consumer by not stating those extra costs.
  It would be in AT&T best interest if they would be more honest when they do their advertising for this bundle packages and stick to the cost that they are promoting. The day is going to come when the consumers are going to get together and [Edited to comply with Guidelines] I have always liked AT&T products like U-Verse and their wireless
services but after this experience, my liking for them is fading.

I signed up for AT&T bundle package on 04/06/2014 (U-Verse 450 and Internet) advertised on their webpage at $104.00 per month for one year. When I spoke with the agent I told him that I wanted a DVR which was included in the package with 3 other receivers and I asked the agent if there was a charge for the extra receivers he told me that there were no extra charges but there would be a one time installation charge of $49.00 which I knew that there would be one. Today 04/07/2014 I called up the order to check on the status and the details, to my surprise my montly total was for $119.00 for the bundle and the one time installation fee of $49.00. I called AT&T and asked them why there was difference of $15.00 on the monthly fees when their advertising says $104.00 and not $119.00, bottom line is that they were charching me extra per month  $8.00 for one receiver and a $7.00  AT&T U-Verse Technology fee (whatever that is!!)

I told the agent that if you read the tab on the webpage advertising where it says "See Offer Details" It says nothing about extra charges pertaining to equipment and other fees, see below.  

Offer Details

Get $76 off per month, for 12 months when you order U450 TV with High Speed Internet Max Plus or higher, and HBO®. One-year term required for bundled U-verse services. For new residential U-verse customers. After 12 months, standard rates apply unless canceled by customer. Must maintain qualifying services for continued receipt of credit(s). Bundle Offer ends 6/28/14. For new residential U-verse customers. An early termination fee of up to $180 may apply if U-verse services are terminated.

AT&T is going to give me a one time credit of $96.00 to cover the $8.00 extra charge for the receiver but I'm still stuck with the $7.00 monthly charge for this (AT&T U-Verse Tecnology Fee) The bottom line is that &104.00 DOES NOT EQUAL $119.00 and I wish that AT&T would be straight forward when they advertise this bundle packages and not try to ripp off the consumer by not stating those extra costs.
  It would be in AT&T best interest if they would be more honest when they do their advertising for this bundle packages and stick to the cost that they are promoting. The day is going to come when the consumers are going to get together and [Edited to comply with Guidelines] I have always liked AT&T products like U-Verse and their wireless
services but after this experience, my liking for them is fading.

False Advertising for U-Verse 450 with Internet:

[ Edited ]
6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2014 3:18:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The extra receiver fee is a standard charge for those who want more than the one standard DVR receiver.  If you have 4 total receivers, I'm not sure why they're only charging you for one extra.  IMHO, the U-verse Technology fee of 7.00 (which I assume is the fee for the Residential Gateway), should be included in the advertised rate of $104.  However, that's just my opinion.

The extra receiver fee is a standard charge for those who want more than the one standard DVR receiver.  If you have 4 total receivers, I'm not sure why they're only charging you for one extra.  IMHO, the U-verse Technology fee of 7.00 (which I assume is the fee for the Residential Gateway), should be included in the advertised rate of $104.  However, that's just my opinion.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: False Advertising for U-Verse 450 with Internet:

2 of 7 (678 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2014 5:31:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

I think the $104 is without taxes

I think the $104 is without taxes

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 7 (642 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2014 4:42:22 AM
(0)
Employee
Uverse includes a DVR each receiver is $8 (ADD $24 TOQUOTE) plus the HSIA RG lease fee of $7 plus $2.99 local broadcast fee $104+24+7+2.99=137.99 plus taxes.
Hd fee is $10 on all package, u450 includes hd.

http://www.att.com/u-verse/shop/#fbid=nINm11px5kp
The web page is very accurate...build my bundle...chosse ooptions..set up tv will see hd fee $10, receiver fee $8 each.

At bottom of above page is
http://www.att.com/u-verse/explore/offer-details.jsp
very top of this page is.....
Promotional pricing applies to service rates only and excludes taxes, equipment fees, and other charges including a $49 service activation fee, city video cost recovery fees, where applicable, and a Broadcast TV surcharge. Residential customers only. Credit restrictions may apply. Pricing, programming, and features subject to change at any time without notice
Uverse includes a DVR each receiver is $8 (ADD $24 TOQUOTE) plus the HSIA RG lease fee of $7 plus $2.99 local broadcast fee $104+24+7+2.99=137.99 plus taxes.
Hd fee is $10 on all package, u450 includes hd.

http://www.att.com/u-verse/shop/#fbid=nINm11px5kp
The web page is very accurate...build my bundle...chosse ooptions..set up tv will see hd fee $10, receiver fee $8 each.

At bottom of above page is
very top of this page is.....
Promotional pricing applies to service rates only and excludes taxes, equipment fees, and other charges including a $49 service activation fee, city video cost recovery fees, where applicable, and a Broadcast TV surcharge. Residential customers only. Credit restrictions may apply. Pricing, programming, and features subject to change at any time without notice
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 7 (621 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2014 5:09:26 AM
(0)
Employee
Concerning $7 fee...if have iptv services (u450) have fee...if no tv services and other conditions met then purchase RG for $100.
From fine print post... one or the other applies

AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet:
Residential customers only. Prices and offers subject to change without notice. Internet speed claim(s) represent maximum downstream capabilities. Speeds may vary and are not guaranteed. Many factors can affect actual speeds, including the use of other U-verse services. Credit and other restrictions apply. Service and speeds are not available in all areas. U-verse price includes 250GB of data per month. For more information, go to http://www.att.com/internet-usage. A $7 monthly High Speed Internet equipment fee may apply. A one-time equipment charge of $100 may apply for Internet Gateway. Wireless networking may require adapter, purchased separately.
Concerning $7 fee...if have iptv services (u450) have fee...if no tv services and other conditions met then purchase RG for $100.
From fine print post... one or the other applies

AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet:
Residential customers only. Prices and offers subject to change without notice. Internet speed claim(s) represent maximum downstream capabilities. Speeds may vary and are not guaranteed. Many factors can affect actual speeds, including the use of other U-verse services. Credit and other restrictions apply. Service and speeds are not available in all areas. U-verse price includes 250GB of data per month. For more information, go to http://www.att.com/internet-usage. A $7 monthly High Speed Internet equipment fee may apply. A one-time equipment charge of $100 may apply for Internet Gateway. Wireless networking may require adapter, purchased separately.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 7 (616 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2014 9:12:22 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

my thoughts wrote:
Promotional pricing applies to service rates only and excludes taxes, equipment fees, and other charges including a $49 service activation fee, city video cost recovery fees, where applicable, and a Broadcast TV surcharge. ...

It is there.  However, I do feel that this is disingenuous.  "Equipment fees" and "Broadcast TV surcharges" are determined by AT&T and could easily be included in the promotional pricing.

my thoughts wrote:
Promotional pricing applies to service rates only and excludes taxes, equipment fees, and other charges including a $49 service activation fee, city video cost recovery fees, where applicable, and a Broadcast TV surcharge. ...

It is there.  However, I do feel that this is disingenuous.  "Equipment fees" and "Broadcast TV surcharges" are determined by AT&T and could easily be included in the promotional pricing.

6 of 7 (594 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2014 11:48:09 AM
(0)
Employee
Equipment fees are extra receivers above the one DVR included, the RG HSIA FEE, an local goverment fees which can vary from communit, local tv fee which can vary.

The discount is a set amount off all services ordered for 12 months, ADDING OR DELETING equipment should not affect discount as long as services order, in this case u450 Iptv and internet speed does not change.

in this particular post the OP has stated ordered extra receiver(s) and when charged complain, even though $104 price is for ONLY 1 TV.
The price for what ordered is not $104 and the adjustments should not be made.

I will agree that the RG HSIA fee should be stated but not included in promotion price.

Example....to confirm your order u450 $124, MAX PLUS $61 total $185 with order discount $104
To this package adding 3 additional receivers at $8 each for $24, plus a HSIA fee of $7 your total $135.
there will be some additional fees, and taxes that will add 10% or more expect your normal bill to be around $150.

The standard $149 installation charge is waived but there is a $49 activation charge on your first bill.
additional charges may apply during installation including additional wiring, switch, usb adapter(s).

Your first bill will be prorated portion current month plus full next month...depending on billing cycle your first bill may be $225 to $350.
Please review the following websites before your installation
http://www.att.com/u-verse/att-terms-of-service.jsp
http://www.att.com/shop/internet/att-internet-terms-of-service.html

Thani you for your order.
Equipment fees are extra receivers above the one DVR included, the RG HSIA FEE, an local goverment fees which can vary from communit, local tv fee which can vary.

The discount is a set amount off all services ordered for 12 months, ADDING OR DELETING equipment should not affect discount as long as services order, in this case u450 Iptv and internet speed does not change.

in this particular post the OP has stated ordered extra receiver(s) and when charged complain, even though $104 price is for ONLY 1 TV.
The price for what ordered is not $104 and the adjustments should not be made.

I will agree that the RG HSIA fee should be stated but not included in promotion price.

Example....to confirm your order u450 $124, MAX PLUS $61 total $185 with order discount $104
To this package adding 3 additional receivers at $8 each for $24, plus a HSIA fee of $7 your total $135.
there will be some additional fees, and taxes that will add 10% or more expect your normal bill to be around $150.

The standard $149 installation charge is waived but there is a $49 activation charge on your first bill.
additional charges may apply during installation including additional wiring, switch, usb adapter(s).

Your first bill will be prorated portion current month plus full next month...depending on billing cycle your first bill may be $225 to $350.
Please review the following websites before your installation
http://www.att.com/u-verse/att-terms-of-service.jsp
http://www.att.com/shop/internet/att-internet-terms-of-service.html

Thani you for your order.

7 of 7 (574 Views)