Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 8, 2014
10:05:17 PM
View profile
Fake/False Promiss
Edited by Phil-101 on Aug 9, 2014 at 6:21:40 AM

I switched from COX after two ears just to get a better (or say more) service with less price. I ordered my services and had to wait 10 days before I can get an appointment that works better for me. It was for 1-3PM. I took vacation and came home waiting for the technician till I got an automated call (maybe at 3:30?) saying they will be late until 5. That also passed and no one showed up till a dispatcher called me at 5:30 informing me they couldn't make it that day and have to re-schedule.

Being mad wasting more than 4 hours for nothing, they created me a case (#H********) and said they will reimberss me but have to be done after I recieve my 1st ill. I got the bill and try to call and get what I was promissed. After trying few times to get to someone, the guy from India even didn't understand what I was taking about. I stopped that and tried another two days later with the same story. I was back and force between 2-3 departments (one unknown to billing then to support, as billing claimed this is a support case#) and explaining my case but nothing. They just said we can help if you have any problem with your serice.

Anyway, the point is I even wasted much more time than I did on the missed installtion day without getting anything. I say nothing about the quality of voice I was talking on for the 2nd time that I had to repeat things few times before the other side can hear and understand.

Then it comes the awful internet I have got so far. It was claimed to be 18 Meg but it is much slower than what I had from COX and it always gets disconnected/interrupted, especially during evenings (i.e. 7-10pm). I also have a VoIP phone which I tried it today only (after changing my provider) and it had a very bad quality.

Now I feel regret and I should have stayed with less service but better quality than what I have gotten now. I thought all AT&T is the same but now I know that U-verse is not same as AT&T I experinced on my wireless.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal information]

I switched from COX after two ears just to get a better (or say more) service with less price. I ordered my services and had to wait 10 days before I can get an appointment that works better for me. It was for 1-3PM. I took vacation and came home waiting for the technician till I got an automated call (maybe at 3:30?) saying they will be late until 5. That also passed and no one showed up till a dispatcher called me at 5:30 informing me they couldn't make it that day and have to re-schedule.

Being mad wasting more than 4 hours for nothing, they created me a case (#H********) and said they will reimberss me but have to be done after I recieve my 1st ill. I got the bill and try to call and get what I was promissed. After trying few times to get to someone, the guy from India even didn't understand what I was taking about. I stopped that and tried another two days later with the same story. I was back and force between 2-3 departments (one unknown to billing then to support, as billing claimed this is a support case#) and explaining my case but nothing. They just said we can help if you have any problem with your serice.

Anyway, the point is I even wasted much more time than I did on the missed installtion day without getting anything. I say nothing about the quality of voice I was talking on for the 2nd time that I had to repeat things few times before the other side can hear and understand.

Then it comes the awful internet I have got so far. It was claimed to be 18 Meg but it is much slower than what I had from COX and it always gets disconnected/interrupted, especially during evenings (i.e. 7-10pm). I also have a VoIP phone which I tried it today only (after changing my provider) and it had a very bad quality.

Now I feel regret and I should have stayed with less service but better quality than what I have gotten now. I thought all AT&T is the same but now I know that U-verse is not same as AT&T I experinced on my wireless.

Fake/False Promiss

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2014 3:59:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by mibrnsurg on Aug 9, 2014 at 4:01:22 PM

btalebpour wrote

Assuming the slowdown is on wireless, so see this great SomeJoe post on wireless interference:

http://forums.att.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-Access/How-to-Minimize-Wireless-Interference/m-p/230300...

Also this SJ post may help:

Please Read for a Potential Solution

For many people, the DHCP problems with the 2Wire routers can be solved by configuring the RG as follows:

1. Go to http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1 which is the RG's wireless configuration page.

2. Change the setting "Wi-Fi Protected Setup" to Disabled.

3. Change the setting "Authentication Type" to WPA2-PSK (AES).

4. Click the "Save" button at the bottom.

5. This procedure may ask for your RG's password.  The default password for your RG is printed on a white sticker on the side of the RG (3600HGV, 3800HGV-B, and 3801HGV) or on a white sticker on the backup battery (i3812V).

Disabling WPS should help with the DHCP timeout issue and general wireless connection problems.

Setting authentication specifically to WPA2-PSK/AES improves connection reliability on Macs and other Apple products.

Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

btalebpour wrote

Assuming the slowdown is on wireless, so see this great SomeJoe post on wireless interference:

http://forums.att.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-Access/How-to-Minimize-Wireless-Interference/m-p/2303003#M1138

Also this SJ post may help:

Please Read for a Potential Solution

For many people, the DHCP problems with the 2Wire routers can be solved by configuring the RG as follows:

1. Go to http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1 which is the RG's wireless configuration page.

2. Change the setting "Wi-Fi Protected Setup" to Disabled.

3. Change the setting "Authentication Type" to WPA2-PSK (AES).

4. Click the "Save" button at the bottom.

5. This procedure may ask for your RG's password.  The default password for your RG is printed on a white sticker on the side of the RG (3600HGV, 3800HGV-B, and 3801HGV) or on a white sticker on the backup battery (i3812V).

Disabling WPS should help with the DHCP timeout issue and general wireless connection problems.

Setting authentication specifically to WPA2-PSK/AES improves connection reliability on Macs and other Apple products.

Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Fake/False Promiss

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (38 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments