Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 30, 2013
11:49:09 AM
View profile
Failed server login in outlook 2010

I keep getting a " failed server login attempt" error message on my outlook 2010. I have contacted support several times, changed and verified my login and password. They tell me that it is an Outlook problem but i can get it to work by going to my ATT Yahoo home page and logging into Member Center. Once i do that, outlook works fine. Extremely frustrated. Any ideas? Obviously the support people are confused.

I keep getting a " failed server login attempt" error message on my outlook 2010. I have contacted support several times, changed and verified my login and password. They tell me that it is an Outlook problem but i can get it to work by going to my ATT Yahoo home page and logging into Member Center. Once i do that, outlook works fine. Extremely frustrated. Any ideas? Obviously the support people are confused.

Failed server login in outlook 2010

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2013 6:36:02 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello Bud Sciscio,

Sorry to hear that Outlook is showing these errors but, we'll be happy to help you. First off, I would like to verify that the settings for your att email in Outlook are correct. Log into your Account Settings and give the settings below a try and see if it resolves the issue. Also, we a helpful thread specifically for Outlook 2010 configuration that has a visual step-by-step solution here. I hope this helps! Let us know how it goes Smiley Happy

POP Server (all domains): inbound.att.net
SMTP Server (all domains): outbound.att.net

User ID (Full e-mail address): MemberID@(customer's domain)

Incoming mail server: POP3
Outgoing mail server: Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
Incoming mail port #: 995, secure connection (SSL) checked
Outgoing mail port #: 465, secure connection (SSL) checked

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello Bud Sciscio,

Sorry to hear that Outlook is showing these errors but, we'll be happy to help you. First off, I would like to verify that the settings for your att email in Outlook are correct. Log into your Account Settings and give the settings below a try and see if it resolves the issue. Also, we a helpful thread specifically for Outlook 2010 configuration that has a visual step-by-step solution here. I hope this helps! Let us know how it goes Smiley Happy

POP Server (all domains): inbound.att.net
SMTP Server (all domains): outbound.att.net

User ID (Full e-mail address): MemberID@(customer's domain)

Incoming mail server: POP3
Outgoing mail server: Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
Incoming mail port #: 995, secure connection (SSL) checked
Outgoing mail port #: 465, secure connection (SSL) checked

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Failed server login in outlook 2010

2 of 3 (426 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2013 7:41:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You might want to skip through those links and go straight to this post:

http://forums.att.com/t5/U-verse-email/Why-do-I-get-an-error-message-of-incorrect-user-name-or-passw...

Seems rather a stupid setup to me, but... whatever.

You might want to skip through those links and go straight to this post:

http://forums.att.com/t5/U-verse-email/Why-do-I-get-an-error-message-of-incorrect-user-name-or-password/m-p/3608679#M517

Seems rather a stupid setup to me, but... whatever.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Failed server login in outlook 2010

3 of 3 (413 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments