Facility issue???

Highlighted
Contributor

Facility issue???

We placed the order on July 24th for the power 45mbps internet.

They gave us an installation date of August 4th. Day before they called to say that there is a facility issue and they are waiting on the engineer to ok the house to have an installation date.

When we asked how long that would take they said they would give us a call back to update us with an installation date. This is absolutely ridiculous. We have waited to 2 weeks to have internet set up from ATT when we could easily have had Brighthouse installed weeks ago! On top of that they charged us $100 when we called. They were so quick to collect our money but they are taking their sweet time getting us what we ordered.

Should we cancel it and get our refund or what should we do??

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: Facility issue???

A facility issue can be many things, especially for Power Tier:

• Needing to find two available pair in the bundle that serves your house from the crossbox
  • Needing to clean up connections on pairs that are already assigned to your home
  • Needing two free ports in the VRAD to connect you because they're all full with other customers

Only the AT&T technicians can tell you which one of these it is and give you any idea whether it's something they can fix quickly (like the first two), or if you may have to wait for someone else to disconnect in the neighborhood (possible for the third one).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Tutor

Re: Facility issue???

We are having the same facilities issue. Our installation date was scheduled for July 18th. It's August 5th and they will not even give me an estimated date. We are in Far North Fort Worth.

Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Thank you so much for posting this! We are having the sam...

Thank you so much for posting this! We are having the same issue and it has been a week. After seeing this we went a head and called COX and are canceling our services with AT&T right now.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

I'm having the same issue with them. I had an install sch...

I'm having the same issue with them. I had an install scheduled for the 7th of Aug. I however never got a phone call or email saying that it was cancelled. I called them and got the run around until 7pm that evening when i finally got told that it was a facility issue . Mind you the install was for 9-11 am. now im impatiently waiting for them to get off their backsides to get this resolved
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support