Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 21, 2013
5:10:59 PM
FS1 HD and NBCSHD pixilated, frozen and scrambled for 3/4 of two different matches

Been a Uverse customer for 2 weeks, switched just to watch soccer. Set up a recording for the Fenerbahce v Arsenal match at 11:45 AM PST. Just came home to watch the match. Looks fine for the first several minutes up to kick off, then the screen is basically frozen, pixilated, sometimes even green for the entire match up till the 64th minute from which point the broadcast is fine. Missed 2 of the 3 goals (not that anyone cares) and the majority of the match.

Another match recorded at the same time on NBC Sports Net HD (Chelsea v Aston Villa) has the exact same problem and it's on an entirely different network. Over an hour is completely frozen and unwatchable. That two full matches ruined in one day. Can't blame my DvR since I don't have one, it's recorded server side.

Is this a common occurance? That a channel is completely messed up for an hour and a half without being repaired? This is definitely not what I was hoping for and never happened with my local cable so now I'm questioning the big price tag. 

Interested in any feedback. Thank you!

Been a Uverse customer for 2 weeks, switched just to watch soccer. Set up a recording for the Fenerbahce v Arsenal match at 11:45 AM PST. Just came home to watch the match. Looks fine for the first several minutes up to kick off, then the screen is basically frozen, pixilated, sometimes even green for the entire match up till the 64th minute from which point the broadcast is fine. Missed 2 of the 3 goals (not that anyone cares) and the majority of the match.

Another match recorded at the same time on NBC Sports Net HD (Chelsea v Aston Villa) has the exact same problem and it's on an entirely different network. Over an hour is completely frozen and unwatchable. That two full matches ruined in one day. Can't blame my DvR since I don't have one, it's recorded server side.

Is this a common occurance? That a channel is completely messed up for an hour and a half without being repaired? This is definitely not what I was hoping for and never happened with my local cable so now I'm questioning the big price tag. 

Interested in any feedback. Thank you!

FS1 HD and NBCSHD pixilated, frozen and scrambled for 3/4 of two different matches

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 5:23:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by baseballisback on Aug 21, 2013 at 5:24:41 PM

www.uvrealtime.com

Go to that website and install the software. Post screenshots, but be sure to hide the personal info by checking the relevant box.

You can also call their retentions department and check for promos.

www.uvrealtime.com

Go to that website and install the software. Post screenshots, but be sure to hide the personal info by checking the relevant box.

You can also call their retentions department and check for promos.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: FS1 HD and NBCSHD pixilated, frozen and scrambled for 3/4 of two different matches

[ Edited ]
2 of 8 (719 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 5:39:43 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Locker420 on Aug 21, 2013 at 5:42:37 PM

baseballisback I really appreciate your help. I can't install that software on my machine as my C++ 2010 Redistributables are newer than in that app's install package. Not really gonna start rolling back components on my machine just to install the third party app. Very strange that the app won't just skip that part and use the versions I have but it blows the whole installation.

Tried it several different ways, used repair feature, etc.

Hmm maybe there's a portable version... gonna check.

baseballisback I really appreciate your help. I can't install that software on my machine as my C++ 2010 Redistributables are newer than in that app's install package. Not really gonna start rolling back components on my machine just to install the third party app. Very strange that the app won't just skip that part and use the versions I have but it blows the whole installation.

Tried it several different ways, used repair feature, etc.

Hmm maybe there's a portable version... gonna check.

Re: FS1 HD and NBCSHD pixilated, frozen and scrambled for 3/4 of two different matches

[ Edited ]
3 of 8 (708 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 5:44:30 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Locker420 on Aug 21, 2013 at 5:57:09 PM

Laugh well there is a .zip version which contains the same .exe you can download directly. Oh well. I tried.

Laugh well there is a .zip version which contains the same .exe you can download directly. Oh well. I tried.

[ Edited ]
4 of 8 (704 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 6:47:14 PM
(0)
Expert

The .zip download is provided because some people or companies have security or filtering software that prevents the download of .exe files.

Follow the directions in the following post to get around the Visual C++ runtime issue:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/UV-Realtime-Master-Thread/m-p/3337563#M35377

The .zip download is provided because some people or companies have security or filtering software that prevents the download of .exe files.

Follow the directions in the following post to get around the Visual C++ runtime issue:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/UV-Realtime-Master-Thread/m-p/3337563#M35377

5 of 8 (670 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 7:43:09 PM
(0)
Tutor

Excuse me but as I already said rolling back my redistributables is not a work around. I'm a developer, I use VS 2012 every day and if I tried to release an application where one of the requirements is that the user manually rollback their files just to perform an install I'd say I'd done something wrong. 

Don't know why people can't just answer the question rather than trying to troubleshoot something which is happening server side. It's fine though, I'll just make my decisions about the service from my own experiences. Cheers all.

Excuse me but as I already said rolling back my redistributables is not a work around. I'm a developer, I use VS 2012 every day and if I tried to release an application where one of the requirements is that the user manually rollback their files just to perform an install I'd say I'd done something wrong. 

Don't know why people can't just answer the question rather than trying to troubleshoot something which is happening server side. It's fine though, I'll just make my decisions about the service from my own experiences. Cheers all.

6 of 8 (652 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 9:22:50 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by SomeJoe7777 on Aug 22, 2013 at 9:24:24 AM

First of all, when I went to write my post, you had not yet edited yours to talk about not being able to roll back the Visual C++ redistributables.  I had your post on the screen, was replying to it, got distracted and didn't hit the post button for around an hour last night.  By that time you had edited, but I didn't see it.

Second, I'm the developer of this software.  I'm well aware that the installer needs to be rebuilt to skip the Visual C++ redistributable installation if a later version is installed.  However, I own my own (unrelated) business, and I don't have time to work on this project right now.  I'm also a shareware author, not a paid developer.  As a result, I'm using freeware tools like WiX to build the installer, and it doesn't have bootstrapper options to make install package authoring easy.  I don't have the cash to afford something like InstallShield.

Rolling back the reditributables will work in this case, and after the software is installed you can update the redistributable back to the current version if you wish.  You're in the minority in that you have Visual Studio installed on your machine.  Most people who install UV Realtime do not have any Visual C++ redistributable installed at all, so it works properly for them.

As far as answering the question, you're the one who came here looking for help with your U-Verse installation.  Your symptoms point to a potential line issue, and UV Realtime would confirm that one way or the other.  But no one here can answer that question or point you to the next step until we know whether we're dealing with a hardware/line issue, and whether it's inside or outside.

It's arrogant people like you that make me want to give up providing free software.

First of all, when I went to write my post, you had not yet edited yours to talk about not being able to roll back the Visual C++ redistributables.  I had your post on the screen, was replying to it, got distracted and didn't hit the post button for around an hour last night.  By that time you had edited, but I didn't see it.

Second, I'm the developer of this software.  I'm well aware that the installer needs to be rebuilt to skip the Visual C++ redistributable installation if a later version is installed.  However, I own my own (unrelated) business, and I don't have time to work on this project right now.  I'm also a shareware author, not a paid developer.  As a result, I'm using freeware tools like WiX to build the installer, and it doesn't have bootstrapper options to make install package authoring easy.  I don't have the cash to afford something like InstallShield.

Rolling back the reditributables will work in this case, and after the software is installed you can update the redistributable back to the current version if you wish.  You're in the minority in that you have Visual Studio installed on your machine.  Most people who install UV Realtime do not have any Visual C++ redistributable installed at all, so it works properly for them.

As far as answering the question, you're the one who came here looking for help with your U-Verse installation.  Your symptoms point to a potential line issue, and UV Realtime would confirm that one way or the other.  But no one here can answer that question or point you to the next step until we know whether we're dealing with a hardware/line issue, and whether it's inside or outside.

It's arrogant people like you that make me want to give up providing free software.

[ Edited ]
7 of 8 (546 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 10:19:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

SJ, don't let the minority stop all the greatness you have done in this community.  If they don't want the help then let them suffer.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

SJ, don't let the minority stop all the greatness you have done in this community.  If they don't want the help then let them suffer.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 8 (522 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments