FIRST YEARLY RENEWAL...how to keep good pricing?

Contributor

FIRST YEARLY RENEWAL...how to keep good pricing?

can i cancel then sign up with my girlfriend as new customer to get better pricing than what i already have?

i am up for renewal next month...

thank you for help!

ralph...

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 4
Employee

Re: FIRST YEARLY RENEWAL...how to keep good pricing?

Call and request RETENTIONS, (CANCEL SERVICES), often can get 2nd year for same or similar pricing as first year.

If desire REWARD CARDS, will need to actually cancel, service cut off right away as cannot place a new order at an existing address therefore, no services till scheduled new install, all new equipment including DVR if have IPTV (lose recordings) will be replaced including RG if leased.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4
Employee

As mythoughts said, the best way to call retentions. They handle all existing customer promo's. It would be the best way to do it, because if you do cancel and sign up with your girfriend's information, you'll have to turn in all your existing equipment and receive brand new equipment. Also keep in mind that when opening a new account, a credit check is done and depending on the result, there may be some up front fees due.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Expert

Here is another solution that has worked for me.  When you call and ask for any reason, whether is is a technical issue, service issue, or price issus and you get an uncooperative CSR politely end the call.  Then call back and speak to a cooperative CSR and get your request (if reasonable) granted.  I have gotten promotions for services I didn't have or discounts on existing services by doing this.  I have also gotten technical issues resolved quickly by doing this. 

Like the other service providers ATT hires people for their Customer Service dept. and your results will vary based on the mood, experience, and/or temperament of the CSR you are speaking to.  The cooperative CSRs are out there because I speak to them.  I also suggest you call during regular office hours, when possible, so that your percentage of getting a cooperative CSR will increase.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support