FED UP! The worst customer service experience ever...

Tutor

FED UP! The worst customer service experience ever...

I am at a complete and total loss and don't know what to do next, any suggestions please send to me. This has been the most frustrating customer service experience I have ever had to deal with in my life, so bad it's almost comical. Please read and let me know what to do to get out of this hole, it's a bit long, sorry.

Several years ago we signed up for a 90 day trial of Uverse which we cancelled at the end of the 90 days. About 2 years ago we decided we did want Uverse after all and signed up for the service... The service is great and we are happy with it, however any time we try to make a change to our account we have nothing but problems. The problem seems to stem from the fact that we cancelled our trial service and now our accounts are somehow mixed up in their system.

Our most recent issue has been trying to get the HD package enabled. We made the request back on November the 24th and have placed 5 CALLS to customer support since then. They all tell me the same thing, they have never seen anything like this before and then they proceed to tell me they can't help and will have to escalate our problem. They promise someone will be calling - probably with a resolution - in the next day or two... NO ONE EVER CALLS... and so I wait a few days and then call back. This is 3 weeks now and all i want is the stupid HD package added to my account. I can't add it online and I can't add it from my TV, it says I have to call customer service.

Here's what customer service tells me - they tell me they see our account as "Cancelled" (although I continue to receive service, pay my monthly bill and can rent any movie I want). We've had this problem since day 1 of signing up with them. It took the original installers 16 HOURS to get our service up and running, b/c our account showed Cancelled to them. That was two years ago and the problem still persists to this day. Every single time we make a change to our package (from U200 to U300, add a movie channel etc...) it takes at least a month and a dozen phone calls to customer support. I'm fed up, I'm done, but I really love the features of Uverse.. I just want my danged HD so I can watch it on my new big screen.

My wife go so mad at the rep the last time she called that she told them we were cancelling our account and would be switching to DirectTV. The rep laughed at my wife and told her she couldn't cancel our account b/c it already was cancelled. When my wife threatened to stop paying our bills, the rep again laughed and said we would just be screwing ourselves and that it would be reported to the credit agencies for nonpayment.

I seriously feel like I'm in a black hole with this whole thing. We would love to keep Uverse but I absolutely want the HD package. If I can't get the HD package b/c they can't figure out whatever account problems they created then I want to cancel the service. However, our service already shows to them to be cancelled so I can't cancel it and they will continue to bill me. If I just quit paying my bills then I'm even more screwed with having this added negatively to my credit report. It's driving me insane! HELP!!

Message 1 of 29 (2,634 Views)
Scholar

Re: FED UP! The worst customer service experience ever...

[ Edited ]

rjones233 wrote:

I am at a complete and total loss and don't know what to do next, any suggestions please send to me. This has been the most frustrating customer service experience I have ever had to deal with in my life, so bad it's almost comical. Please read and let me know what to do to get out of this hole, it's a bit long, sorry.

Several years ago we signed up for a 90 day trial of Uverse which we cancelled at the end of the 90 days. About 2 years ago we decided we did want Uverse after all and signed up for the service... The service is great and we are happy with it, however any time we try to make a change to our account we have nothing but problems. The problem seems to stem from the fact that we cancelled our trial service and now our accounts are somehow mixed up in their system.

Our most recent issue has been trying to get the HD package enabled. We made the request back on November the 24th and have placed 5 CALLS to customer support since then. They all tell me the same thing, they have never seen anything like this before and then they proceed to tell me they can't help and will have to escalate our problem. They promise someone will be calling - probably with a resolution - in the next day or two... NO ONE EVER CALLS... and so I wait a few days and then call back. This is 3 weeks now and all i want is the stupid HD package added to my account. I can't add it online and I can't add it from my TV, it says I have to call customer service.

Here's what customer service tells me - they tell me they see our account as "Cancelled" (although I continue to receive service, pay my monthly bill and can rent any movie I want). We've had this problem since day 1 of signing up with them. It took the original installers 16 HOURS to get our service up and running, b/c our account showed Cancelled to them. That was two years ago and the problem still persists to this day. Every single time we make a change to our package (from U200 to U300, add a movie channel etc...) it takes at least a month and a dozen phone calls to customer support. I'm fed up, I'm done, but I really love the features of Uverse.. I just want my danged HD so I can watch it on my new big screen.

My wife go so mad at the rep the last time she called that she told them we were cancelling our account and would be switching to DirectTV. The rep laughed at my wife and told her she couldn't cancel our account b/c it already was cancelled. When my wife threatened to stop paying our bills, the rep again laughed and said we would just be screwing ourselves and that it would be reported to the credit agencies for nonpayment.

I seriously feel like I'm in a black hole with this whole thing. We would love to keep Uverse but I absolutely want the HD package. If I can't get the HD package b/c they can't figure out whatever account problems they created then I want to cancel the service. However, our service already shows to them to be cancelled so I can't cancel it and they will continue to bill me. If I just quit paying my bills then I'm even more screwed with having this added negatively to my credit report. It's driving me insane! HELP!!

Believe me. If you think U cs is bad, you never had DISH. They are the worst. Did you try talking to supervisors?? If you did and still can't get satisfaction, then the only alternative is to dump U-verse. Nothing like voting with your dollars. DirecTV has a version of the Whole Home HDDVR now. I don't know how it works but I've read good thing about it on DBS Talk. Check it out if U doesn't get better.

Message 2 of 29 (2,592 Views)
Tutor

We have asked to speak to supervisors on multiple occassions and we are simply told "no you can't". That's right, they tell us no.

I can't just dump Uverse, they already show me as Cancelled so they can't Cancel me. I could just stop paying my bills but that could end up screwing my credit. AGGGGGGHHHHHHH.

Message 3 of 29 (2,550 Views)
ACE - Master

rjones233 wrote:

We have asked to speak to supervisors on multiple occassions and we are simply told "no you can't". That's right, they tell us no.

I can't just dump Uverse, they already show me as Cancelled so they can't Cancel me. I could just stop paying my bills but that could end up screwing my credit. AGGGGGGHHHHHHH.

That fortunately has not been my experience with UV / AT&T.  I have always been able to escalate my complaints to a Supervisor or Tier 2 Technician.  I would contact David at this thread.

I've never had Dish but Comcast and TWC are in the horrible department.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 29 (2,520 Views)
Tutor

Worth a shot - contacting the infamous David now. LOL - feels like I'm lighting the bat lantern and waiting for the super hero.

I'll update if this helps - still open to suggestions / hoping an ATT person sees this thread.

Message 5 of 29 (2,502 Views)
Tutor

Thank you very much dhascall - I finally feel like this is going somewhere!

It had only been about two hours since I lit the "bat lantern" and I have already received a phone call from Matt! He indicated he had spent the last 45 minutes reviewing my file and that it had been escalated to their "CRM team" I think he said. It's good to know the issue was still being worked but I wish they would have updated me on the status / etc...

Anyways - back to Matt. We decided the best course of action would be to shut down my current account and create a new one from scratch. There may be a few hiccups but he will stay in contact with me throughout the process. I finally feel like I'm not in a vacuum hoping for someone to fix my problem.

Thanks again for the tip dhascall and thanks Matt if you read this!

Message 6 of 29 (2,453 Views)
Former Moderator

Thanks for keeping us updated on the status of your issue - I really hope this takes care of it for you!

-Wendy

Message 7 of 29 (2,435 Views)
ACE - Master

Glad that we can be of assistance!  Again this is mostly a "customer helping customer" forum.  If this gets straightened out, make sure that you select one of the posts, as a solution, so others in the same predicament can see what steps need to be done.  Not many (any?) other TV providers offer forums like this.....

Enjoy the service.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 29 (2,424 Views)
Tutor

Looks like we are almost there! Matt spent several hours recreating our account yesterday and is doing everything in his power to make the situation right. Our old account has been cancelled and our new account has been created but there was a slight hiccup turning everything on last night. No big deal to me, at least the ball is rolling and action is being taken.

A technician is being sent out this afternoon as there was an issue with the assigned port on the new account. Hopefully, once this is corrected we will have a new account with no links to the past and we can make changes to our account just like any old regular customer.

Once the issue has been resolved I will certainly select a solution so the ticket is no longer open. Thanks again to everyone and I'll put in a (final!?!?) post this evening when we are up and running.

Message 9 of 29 (2,337 Views)
ACE - Master

rjones233 wrote:

Looks like we are almost there! Matt spent several hours recreating our account yesterday and is doing everything in his power to make the situation right. Our old account has been cancelled and our new account has been created but there was a slight hiccup turning everything on last night. No big deal to me, at least the ball is rolling and action is being taken.

A technician is being sent out this afternoon as there was an issue with the assigned port on the new account. Hopefully, once this is corrected we will have a new account with no links to the past and we can make changes to our account just like any old regular customer.

Once the issue has been resolved I will certainly select a solution so the ticket is no longer open. Thanks again to everyone and I'll put in a (final!?!?) post this evening when we are up and running.

There are no open tickets here but if a user is having troubles, they should see a "green check mark," indicating a solved thread and hopefully will read it to see what needs to be done / what the results were.

Good luck - but stay engaged here to get the most out of the service!

Message 10 of 29 (2,278 Views)
Tutor

Technician came out to the house yesterday afternoon and swapped the port. We are now live with our new account information and the HD package looks great on my big screen! Couldn't be happier. Matt called while the technician was there just to oversee and make sure everything was going smoothly, he has been a tremendous help and has done everything within his power to right this situation.

Now the we have the new account number we should be all set moving forward, no more 3-4 weeks to get anything done on our account! There are still a few questions regarding billing which Matt is helping me to address but I am calling this Case Closed!

Thanks again for the tip dhascall and thank you Matt for your assistance!

Message 11 of 29 (1,341 Views)

Glad you got everything worked out. Welcome to UVerse.  If you ever have any issues that normal means can't resolve, David and his team are the wonder workers.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 12 of 29 (1,308 Views)
Former Moderator

Yay! I'm so glad you got it all worked out.

-Wendy

Message 13 of 29 (1,296 Views)
Professor

wendigo wrote:

Yay! I'm so glad you got it all worked out.

-Wendy

You mean U-Verse actually HELPS people?  I thought all they did was take away channels such as Hallmark, Hallmark Movie Channel, GAC, Cooking, Food, and HGTV, as well as increase prices?

Message 14 of 29 (1,266 Views)
Expert

Welcome to Uverse

Message 15 of 29 (1,258 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.