Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 13, 2010
9:49:11 AM
FED UP! The worst customer service experience ever...

I am at a complete and total loss and don't know what to do next, any suggestions please send to me. This has been the most frustrating customer service experience I have ever had to deal with in my life, so bad it's almost comical. Please read and let me know what to do to get out of this hole, it's a bit long, sorry.

Several years ago we signed up for a 90 day trial of Uverse which we cancelled at the end of the 90 days. About 2 years ago we decided we did want Uverse after all and signed up for the service... The service is great and we are happy with it, however any time we try to make a change to our account we have nothing but problems. The problem seems to stem from the fact that we cancelled our trial service and now our accounts are somehow mixed up in their system.

Our most recent issue has been trying to get the HD package enabled. We made the request back on November the 24th and have placed 5 CALLS to customer support since then. They all tell me the same thing, they have never seen anything like this before and then they proceed to tell me they can't help and will have to escalate our problem. They promise someone will be calling - probably with a resolution - in the next day or two... NO ONE EVER CALLS... and so I wait a few days and then call back. This is 3 weeks now and all i want is the stupid HD package added to my account. I can't add it online and I can't add it from my TV, it says I have to call customer service.

Here's what customer service tells me - they tell me they see our account as "Cancelled" (although I continue to receive service, pay my monthly bill and can rent any movie I want). We've had this problem since day 1 of signing up with them. It took the original installers 16 HOURS to get our service up and running, b/c our account showed Cancelled to them. That was two years ago and the problem still persists to this day. Every single time we make a change to our package (from U200 to U300, add a movie channel etc...) it takes at least a month and a dozen phone calls to customer support. I'm fed up, I'm done, but I really love the features of Uverse.. I just want my danged HD so I can watch it on my new big screen.

My wife go so mad at the rep the last time she called that she told them we were cancelling our account and would be switching to DirectTV. The rep laughed at my wife and told her she couldn't cancel our account b/c it already was cancelled. When my wife threatened to stop paying our bills, the rep again laughed and said we would just be screwing ourselves and that it would be reported to the credit agencies for nonpayment.

I seriously feel like I'm in a black hole with this whole thing. We would love to keep Uverse but I absolutely want the HD package. If I can't get the HD package b/c they can't figure out whatever account problems they created then I want to cancel the service. However, our service already shows to them to be cancelled so I can't cancel it and they will continue to bill me. If I just quit paying my bills then I'm even more screwed with having this added negatively to my credit report. It's driving me insane! HELP!!

I am at a complete and total loss and don't know what to do next, any suggestions please send to me. This has been the most frustrating customer service experience I have ever had to deal with in my life, so bad it's almost comical. Please read and let me know what to do to get out of this hole, it's a bit long, sorry.

Several years ago we signed up for a 90 day trial of Uverse which we cancelled at the end of the 90 days. About 2 years ago we decided we did want Uverse after all and signed up for the service... The service is great and we are happy with it, however any time we try to make a change to our account we have nothing but problems. The problem seems to stem from the fact that we cancelled our trial service and now our accounts are somehow mixed up in their system.

Our most recent issue has been trying to get the HD package enabled. We made the request back on November the 24th and have placed 5 CALLS to customer support since then. They all tell me the same thing, they have never seen anything like this before and then they proceed to tell me they can't help and will have to escalate our problem. They promise someone will be calling - probably with a resolution - in the next day or two... NO ONE EVER CALLS... and so I wait a few days and then call back. This is 3 weeks now and all i want is the stupid HD package added to my account. I can't add it online and I can't add it from my TV, it says I have to call customer service.

Here's what customer service tells me - they tell me they see our account as "Cancelled" (although I continue to receive service, pay my monthly bill and can rent any movie I want). We've had this problem since day 1 of signing up with them. It took the original installers 16 HOURS to get our service up and running, b/c our account showed Cancelled to them. That was two years ago and the problem still persists to this day. Every single time we make a change to our package (from U200 to U300, add a movie channel etc...) it takes at least a month and a dozen phone calls to customer support. I'm fed up, I'm done, but I really love the features of Uverse.. I just want my danged HD so I can watch it on my new big screen.

My wife go so mad at the rep the last time she called that she told them we were cancelling our account and would be switching to DirectTV. The rep laughed at my wife and told her she couldn't cancel our account b/c it already was cancelled. When my wife threatened to stop paying our bills, the rep again laughed and said we would just be screwing ourselves and that it would be reported to the credit agencies for nonpayment.

I seriously feel like I'm in a black hole with this whole thing. We would love to keep Uverse but I absolutely want the HD package. If I can't get the HD package b/c they can't figure out whatever account problems they created then I want to cancel the service. However, our service already shows to them to be cancelled so I can't cancel it and they will continue to bill me. If I just quit paying my bills then I'm even more screwed with having this added negatively to my credit report. It's driving me insane! HELP!!

FED UP! The worst customer service experience ever...

28 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(28)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 10:36:44 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by larry11 on Dec 13, 2010 at 10:37:25 AM

rjones233 wrote:

Believe me. If you think U cs is bad, you never had DISH. They are the worst. Did you try talking to supervisors?? If you did and still can't get satisfaction, then the only alternative is to dump U-verse. Nothing like voting with your dollars. DirecTV has a version of the Whole Home HDDVR now. I don't know how it works but I've read good thing about it on DBS Talk. Check it out if U doesn't get better.

rjones233 wrote:

Believe me. If you think U cs is bad, you never had DISH. They are the worst. Did you try talking to supervisors?? If you did and still can't get satisfaction, then the only alternative is to dump U-verse. Nothing like voting with your dollars. DirecTV has a version of the Whole Home HDDVR now. I don't know how it works but I've read good thing about it on DBS Talk. Check it out if U doesn't get better.

Re: FED UP! The worst customer service experience ever...

[ Edited ]
2 of 29 (2,496 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 11:10:31 AM
(0)
Tutor

We have asked to speak to supervisors on multiple occassions and we are simply told "no you can't". That's right, they tell us no.

I can't just dump Uverse, they already show me as Cancelled so they can't Cancel me. I could just stop paying my bills but that could end up screwing my credit. AGGGGGGHHHHHHH.

We have asked to speak to supervisors on multiple occassions and we are simply told "no you can't". That's right, they tell us no.

I can't just dump Uverse, they already show me as Cancelled so they can't Cancel me. I could just stop paying my bills but that could end up screwing my credit. AGGGGGGHHHHHHH.

3 of 29 (2,454 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 12:10:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

rjones233 wrote:

That fortunately has not been my experience with UV / AT&T.  I have always been able to escalate my complaints to a Supervisor or Tier 2 Technician.  I would contact David at this thread.

I've never had Dish but Comcast and TWC are in the horrible department.

rjones233 wrote:

That fortunately has not been my experience with UV / AT&T.  I have always been able to escalate my complaints to a Supervisor or Tier 2 Technician.  I would contact David at this thread.

I've never had Dish but Comcast and TWC are in the horrible department.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 29 (2,424 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 12:32:06 PM
(0)
Tutor

Worth a shot - contacting the infamous David now. LOL - feels like I'm lighting the bat lantern and waiting for the super hero.

I'll update if this helps - still open to suggestions / hoping an ATT person sees this thread.

Worth a shot - contacting the infamous David now. LOL - feels like I'm lighting the bat lantern and waiting for the super hero.

I'll update if this helps - still open to suggestions / hoping an ATT person sees this thread.

5 of 29 (2,406 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 2:00:00 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you very much dhascall - I finally feel like this is going somewhere!

It had only been about two hours since I lit the "bat lantern" and I have already received a phone call from Matt! He indicated he had spent the last 45 minutes reviewing my file and that it had been escalated to their "CRM team" I think he said. It's good to know the issue was still being worked but I wish they would have updated me on the status / etc...

Anyways - back to Matt. We decided the best course of action would be to shut down my current account and create a new one from scratch. There may be a few hiccups but he will stay in contact with me throughout the process. I finally feel like I'm not in a vacuum hoping for someone to fix my problem.

Thanks again for the tip dhascall and thanks Matt if you read this!

Thank you very much dhascall - I finally feel like this is going somewhere!

It had only been about two hours since I lit the "bat lantern" and I have already received a phone call from Matt! He indicated he had spent the last 45 minutes reviewing my file and that it had been escalated to their "CRM team" I think he said. It's good to know the issue was still being worked but I wish they would have updated me on the status / etc...

Anyways - back to Matt. We decided the best course of action would be to shut down my current account and create a new one from scratch. There may be a few hiccups but he will stay in contact with me throughout the process. I finally feel like I'm not in a vacuum hoping for someone to fix my problem.

Thanks again for the tip dhascall and thanks Matt if you read this!

6 of 29 (2,357 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 2:19:38 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

Thanks for keeping us updated on the status of your issue - I really hope this takes care of it for you!

-Wendy

Thanks for keeping us updated on the status of your issue - I really hope this takes care of it for you!

-Wendy

7 of 29 (2,339 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 2:28:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Glad that we can be of assistance!  Again this is mostly a "customer helping customer" forum.  If this gets straightened out, make sure that you select one of the posts, as a solution, so others in the same predicament can see what steps need to be done.  Not many (any?) other TV providers offer forums like this.....

Enjoy the service.

Glad that we can be of assistance!  Again this is mostly a "customer helping customer" forum.  If this gets straightened out, make sure that you select one of the posts, as a solution, so others in the same predicament can see what steps need to be done.  Not many (any?) other TV providers offer forums like this.....

Enjoy the service.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 29 (2,328 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2010 6:58:15 AM
(0)
Tutor

Looks like we are almost there! Matt spent several hours recreating our account yesterday and is doing everything in his power to make the situation right. Our old account has been cancelled and our new account has been created but there was a slight hiccup turning everything on last night. No big deal to me, at least the ball is rolling and action is being taken.

A technician is being sent out this afternoon as there was an issue with the assigned port on the new account. Hopefully, once this is corrected we will have a new account with no links to the past and we can make changes to our account just like any old regular customer.

Once the issue has been resolved I will certainly select a solution so the ticket is no longer open. Thanks again to everyone and I'll put in a (final!?!?) post this evening when we are up and running.

Looks like we are almost there! Matt spent several hours recreating our account yesterday and is doing everything in his power to make the situation right. Our old account has been cancelled and our new account has been created but there was a slight hiccup turning everything on last night. No big deal to me, at least the ball is rolling and action is being taken.

A technician is being sent out this afternoon as there was an issue with the assigned port on the new account. Hopefully, once this is corrected we will have a new account with no links to the past and we can make changes to our account just like any old regular customer.

Once the issue has been resolved I will certainly select a solution so the ticket is no longer open. Thanks again to everyone and I'll put in a (final!?!?) post this evening when we are up and running.

9 of 29 (2,241 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2010 9:33:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

rjones233 wrote:

There are no open tickets here but if a user is having troubles, they should see a "green check mark," indicating a solved thread and hopefully will read it to see what needs to be done / what the results were.

Good luck - but stay engaged here to get the most out of the service!

rjones233 wrote:

There are no open tickets here but if a user is having troubles, they should see a "green check mark," indicating a solved thread and hopefully will read it to see what needs to be done / what the results were.

Good luck - but stay engaged here to get the most out of the service!

10 of 29 (2,182 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2010 7:14:52 AM
(0)
Tutor

Technician came out to the house yesterday afternoon and swapped the port. We are now live with our new account information and the HD package looks great on my big screen! Couldn't be happier. Matt called while the technician was there just to oversee and make sure everything was going smoothly, he has been a tremendous help and has done everything within his power to right this situation.

Now the we have the new account number we should be all set moving forward, no more 3-4 weeks to get anything done on our account! There are still a few questions regarding billing which Matt is helping me to address but I am calling this Case Closed!

Thanks again for the tip dhascall and thank you Matt for your assistance!

Technician came out to the house yesterday afternoon and swapped the port. We are now live with our new account information and the HD package looks great on my big screen! Couldn't be happier. Matt called while the technician was there just to oversee and make sure everything was going smoothly, he has been a tremendous help and has done everything within his power to right this situation.

Now the we have the new account number we should be all set moving forward, no more 3-4 weeks to get anything done on our account! There are still a few questions regarding billing which Matt is helping me to address but I am calling this Case Closed!

11 of 29 (1,245 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2010 9:29:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Glad you got everything worked out. Welcome to UVerse.  If you ever have any issues that normal means can't resolve, David and his team are the wonder workers.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Glad you got everything worked out. Welcome to UVerse.  If you ever have any issues that normal means can't resolve, David and his team are the wonder workers.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

12 of 29 (1,212 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2010 9:41:55 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

Yay! I'm so glad you got it all worked out.

-Wendy

-Wendy

13 of 29 (1,200 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2010 11:43:32 AM
(0)
Professor

wendigo wrote:

-Wendy

You mean U-Verse actually HELPS people?  I thought all they did was take away channels such as Hallmark, Hallmark Movie Channel, GAC, Cooking, Food, and HGTV, as well as increase prices?

wendigo wrote:

-Wendy

You mean U-Verse actually HELPS people?  I thought all they did was take away channels such as Hallmark, Hallmark Movie Channel, GAC, Cooking, Food, and HGTV, as well as increase prices?

14 of 29 (1,170 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2010 11:57:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Welcome to Uverse

Welcome to Uverse

15 of 29 (1,162 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2010 12:00:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

rjones233 wrote:

Cool!  You are welcome.  Not many (any?) other services would go to those great lengths to hep you out.  Enjoy!

rjones233 wrote:

Cool!  You are welcome.  Not many (any?) other services would go to those great lengths to hep you out.  Enjoy!

16 of 29 (1,157 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2010 5:45:17 AM
(0)
Scholar

Glad to hear it got worked out. Kinda a bizzare issue right? Thanks for not posting about MLB!! LOL seems that topic is in every thread!!

Glad to hear it got worked out. Kinda a bizzare issue right? Thanks for not posting about MLB!! LOL seems that topic is in every thread!!

17 of 29 (1,093 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2010 12:09:39 PM
(0)
Contributor

We have had a miserable experience with the installation of uverse.  They have replaced our gateway twice.  One of the services keeps malfunctiong and customer service is difficult even when escalated.  Will probably cancel service.

Walt

We have had a miserable experience with the installation of uverse.  They have replaced our gateway twice.  One of the services keeps malfunctiong and customer service is difficult even when escalated.  Will probably cancel service.

Walt

18 of 29 (1,041 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2010 12:31:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Wfevans wrote:

Walt

Which service is that?  TV, Internet or Phone?

have you read the posts relating to U-Verse Realtime?  It is a great way to do some self diagnosis to better understand what the problem is.  http://uverserealtime.com/

Saying that something "malfunctions" is sort of generic don't you think?  Like going to the mechanic and saying "my car is broken . . . fix it."

Post your UVerse Realtime stats and we will try to help you or point you in the right direction.

Wfevans wrote:

Walt

Which service is that?  TV, Internet or Phone?

have you read the posts relating to U-Verse Realtime?  It is a great way to do some self diagnosis to better understand what the problem is.  http://uverserealtime.com/

Saying that something "malfunctions" is sort of generic don't you think?  Like going to the mechanic and saying "my car is broken . . . fix it."

Post your UVerse Realtime stats and we will try to help you or point you in the right direction.

19 of 29 (1,029 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2010 9:47:59 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by jtdayusa on Dec 19, 2010 at 12:07:40 PM

I agree.  AT&T has the worst customer service and customer care philosophy in the world.  They only care about getting your payment on time.

For example: We had (key word is "had") 5 wireless phone lines with them and service for over 8 years.  The reception was just average.  Then we moved to another side of town and got no bars. 

We called and talked about cancelling the contract early and the representative we spoke with said she couldn't see a reason why we shouldn't be allowed out of the contract. 

Two days later, a different manager ({Personal content removed for  safety}) denied that we had been told that and charged us $475 to end the contract.  She was one of those types of "managers" who types fast and just wants to get you off the phone...says "No" alot...you know the type.  Just awful.

We are dumping AT&T and going back to Verizon.  We've had phenomenal customer service through them.  We only left them because when we met one of us had 3 phones with AT&T and the other had a single phone with Verizon.  Verizon rocks.

Good luck in getting your issue resolved.  Consider posting your experience on other sites outside of the forum.  We are.

I agree.  AT&T has the worst customer service and customer care philosophy in the world.  They only care about getting your payment on time.

For example: We had (key word is "had") 5 wireless phone lines with them and service for over 8 years.  The reception was just average.  Then we moved to another side of town and got no bars. 

We called and talked about cancelling the contract early and the representative we spoke with said she couldn't see a reason why we shouldn't be allowed out of the contract. 

Two days later, a different manager ({Personal content removed for  safety}) denied that we had been told that and charged us $475 to end the contract.  She was one of those types of "managers" who types fast and just wants to get you off the phone...says "No" alot...you know the type.  Just awful.

We are dumping AT&T and going back to Verizon.  We've had phenomenal customer service through them.  We only left them because when we met one of us had 3 phones with AT&T and the other had a single phone with Verizon.  Verizon rocks.

Good luck in getting your issue resolved.  Consider posting your experience on other sites outside of the forum.  We are.

[ Edited ]
20 of 29 (939 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2010 1:45:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

jtdayusa wrote:

While I understand your issues with customer service, what does wireless have to do with UVerse?  None of the major providers have great customer service, just varying degrees of bad.  Dish was probably the best for customer service, just over priced for what I was getting at the time, Direct TV has the ABSOLUTE WORST customer service,  AT&T falls in the middle.  I've never had an issue getting my problems resolved, but on one instance I knew much more than the rep I had on the phone and ended up fixing my own problem.

jtdayusa wrote:

While I understand your issues with customer service, what does wireless have to do with UVerse?  None of the major providers have great customer service, just varying degrees of bad.  Dish was probably the best for customer service, just over priced for what I was getting at the time, Direct TV has the ABSOLUTE WORST customer service,  AT&T falls in the middle.  I've never had an issue getting my problems resolved, but on one instance I knew much more than the rep I had on the phone and ended up fixing my own problem.

21 of 29 (1,013 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2010 7:15:32 PM
(0)
Scholar

oufanindallas wrote:

jtdayusa wrote:

You must have got lucky. I had some problems with DirecTV, but for me, DISH is ABSOLUTELY the WORST. U-verse, not bad, OK. Got alot of freebies from U by complaining. 

oufanindallas wrote:

jtdayusa wrote:

You must have got lucky. I had some problems with DirecTV, but for me, DISH is ABSOLUTELY the WORST. U-verse, not bad, OK. Got alot of freebies from U by complaining. 

22 of 29 (982 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2011 9:33:16 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Tifa_Shines on Feb 15, 2011 at 10:20:38 AM

2 & 1/2 months later the drama continues......

Since my last update everything has been just "peachy." We were given a new account number, all of the features worked, and AT&T offered us multiple concessions to keep us happy customers. We are to receive $35 in monthly credits for 6 months and our last bill on the old account was zero balanced...

OR so we thought.

Just received a call from a debt collector trying to collect on our last bill. Unfriggin believable! AT&T will make this right or we are defintely gone for good. I am disputing the charges and am about to put the following letter into the mail for my formal dispute:

Attn:{Personal identifying information removed}

I was contacted this morning in an attempt to collect a debt from AT&T Uverse which I dispute. We had ongoing issues with AT&T UVerse for over 6 months and the solution from AT&T was to cancel my old account and create a new one for me. This was the worst 6 months of customer service anyone could ever imagine. AT&T realized their mistakes and, after many apologies, I was promised by AT&T that my last bill on the old account would be negated (the one in dispute) and they would also provide me a $35 credit on my bills for the next 6 months. The $35 credits are in place and my understanding was that my last bill on the old account was zero balanced .

My conversations were with a gentlemen named Matt from AT&T who was the one who was finally able to resolve the issue for us. Matt is part of the AT&T Uverse Tier II Technical Support team and the only contact information I have for him is this email address:{Personal information removed} .

I am furious that this bill was sent to a collection agency. My wife and I spent countless hours on the phone with AT&T and had horrible experiences with their customer service group. Had AT&T not offered the concessions they did (zero balancing last bill & $35 monthly credit) we certainly would not be AT&T customers today. You can see more information about our experiences here:

http://forums.att.com/t5/TV-Programming/FED-UP-The-worst-customer-service-experience-ever/m-p/263055...

Furthermore, why didn’t someone from AT&T bother calling me in regards to this matter before sending it to a collection agency?

If AT&T wishes to pursue this matter further we certainly will end our long standing relationship with them, not just for UVerse but also for our home telephone as well as my wifes iPhone service.

Thank you,

I will update the forum group on the outcome.

2 & 1/2 months later the drama continues......

Since my last update everything has been just "peachy." We were given a new account number, all of the features worked, and AT&T offered us multiple concessions to keep us happy customers. We are to receive $35 in monthly credits for 6 months and our last bill on the old account was zero balanced...

OR so we thought.

Just received a call from a debt collector trying to collect on our last bill. Unfriggin believable! AT&T will make this right or we are defintely gone for good. I am disputing the charges and am about to put the following letter into the mail for my formal dispute:

Attn:{Personal identifying information removed}

I was contacted this morning in an attempt to collect a debt from AT&T Uverse which I dispute. We had ongoing issues with AT&T UVerse for over 6 months and the solution from AT&T was to cancel my old account and create a new one for me. This was the worst 6 months of customer service anyone could ever imagine. AT&T realized their mistakes and, after many apologies, I was promised by AT&T that my last bill on the old account would be negated (the one in dispute) and they would also provide me a $35 credit on my bills for the next 6 months. The $35 credits are in place and my understanding was that my last bill on the old account was zero balanced .

My conversations were with a gentlemen named Matt from AT&T who was the one who was finally able to resolve the issue for us. Matt is part of the AT&T Uverse Tier II Technical Support team and the only contact information I have for him is this email address:{Personal information removed} .

I am furious that this bill was sent to a collection agency. My wife and I spent countless hours on the phone with AT&T and had horrible experiences with their customer service group. Had AT&T not offered the concessions they did (zero balancing last bill & $35 monthly credit) we certainly would not be AT&T customers today. You can see more information about our experiences here:

http://forums.att.com/t5/TV-Programming/FED-UP-The-worst-customer-service-experience-ever/m-p/2630559#M62730

Furthermore, why didn’t someone from AT&T bother calling me in regards to this matter before sending it to a collection agency?

If AT&T wishes to pursue this matter further we certainly will end our long standing relationship with them, not just for UVerse but also for our home telephone as well as my wifes iPhone service.

Thank you,

I will update the forum group on the outcome.

[ Edited ]
23 of 29 (783 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2011 1:02:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Again - I would engage David.  He will probably be just as shocked to hear of this development as we are.

Again - I would engage David.  He will probably be just as shocked to hear of this development as we are.

24 of 29 (747 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2011 2:02:38 PM
(0)
Guru

rjones233 wrote:

...We are to receive $35 in monthly credits for 6 months and our last bill on the old account was zero balanced...

...I was promised by AT&T that my last bill on the old account would be negated (the one in dispute) and they would also provide me a $35 credit on my bills for the next 6 months...

Unfortunately, CSRs have been known to write checks with their mouths that their heinies can't cash.

If there was not a zero balance on your old account, and the account was already past due, there is no way the balance could have been "zeroed" or "negated" by a CSR. There has to be actual funds put into the account.

Maybe someone dropped the ball by issuing goodwill credits to your new account without also adding funds to your old account. They should have (and may have, back when you attempted to cancel your order and close the account) advised you to pay off the amount due, which would have been the smartest thing to do. This would have allowed the credit to be applied during the next billing period, whereupon billing could then send you a check for the credit amount and prevent your account from being sent to collections.

The collections process may have already been started by the time Matt and his team had come into the picture. Hopefully they can work their magic and salvage the situation.

rjones233 wrote:

...We are to receive $35 in monthly credits for 6 months and our last bill on the old account was zero balanced...

...I was promised by AT&T that my last bill on the old account would be negated (the one in dispute) and they would also provide me a $35 credit on my bills for the next 6 months...

Unfortunately, CSRs have been known to write checks with their mouths that their heinies can't cash.

If there was not a zero balance on your old account, and the account was already past due, there is no way the balance could have been "zeroed" or "negated" by a CSR. There has to be actual funds put into the account.

Maybe someone dropped the ball by issuing goodwill credits to your new account without also adding funds to your old account. They should have (and may have, back when you attempted to cancel your order and close the account) advised you to pay off the amount due, which would have been the smartest thing to do. This would have allowed the credit to be applied during the next billing period, whereupon billing could then send you a check for the credit amount and prevent your account from being sent to collections.

The collections process may have already been started by the time Matt and his team had come into the picture. Hopefully they can work their magic and salvage the situation.

25 of 29 (731 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2011 8:11:51 PM
(0)
Teacher

So This is not solved?Smiley Surprised

So This is not solved?Smiley Surprised

26 of 29 (543 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 7:19:45 PM
(0)
Tutor

I am so fed up worst service I have ever experienced

27 of 29 (347 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 7:58:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

decluetree wrote:

Can you explain why you are so fed up with U-Verse? There are fellow subscribers on this forum who can help you contact people who can possibly fix your problems and alleviate your unhappiness. Otherwise, there is nothing that can be done.

I hope you realize that this thread has not been contributed to for over two years.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

decluetree wrote:

Can you explain why you are so fed up with U-Verse? There are fellow subscribers on this forum who can help you contact people who can possibly fix your problems and alleviate your unhappiness. Otherwise, there is nothing that can be done.

I hope you realize that this thread has not been contributed to for over two years.

28 of 29 (330 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 8:04:02 PM
(0)

Hello decluetree,

In order to avoid board clutter and confusion, we ask that you please refrain from cross and double posting.

Please check here for responses to your inquiry. Thank you.

Phil-101 • Community Moderator
Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
This will help other users find this information too!

Hello decluetree,

In order to avoid board clutter and confusion, we ask that you please refrain from cross and double posting.

Please check here for responses to your inquiry. Thank you.

Phil-101 • Community Moderator
Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
This will help other users find this information too!

29 of 29 (325 Views)