FED UP! The worst customer service experience ever...

ACE - Master

Re: FED UP! The worst customer service experience ever...

rjones233 wrote:

Technician came out to the house yesterday afternoon and swapped the port. We are now live with our new account information and the HD package looks great on my big screen! Couldn't be happier. Matt called while the technician was there just to oversee and make sure everything was going smoothly, he has been a tremendous help and has done everything within his power to right this situation.

Now the we have the new account number we should be all set moving forward, no more 3-4 weeks to get anything done on our account! There are still a few questions regarding billing which Matt is helping me to address but I am calling this Case Closed!

Thanks again for the tip dhascall and thank you Matt for your assistance!

Cool!  You are welcome.  Not many (any?) other services would go to those great lengths to hep you out.  Enjoy!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 29 (1,252 Views)

Glad to hear it got worked out. Kinda a bizzare issue right? Thanks for not posting about MLB!! LOL seems that topic is in every thread!!

Message 17 of 29 (1,188 Views)
Contributor

We have had a miserable experience with the installation of uverse.  They have replaced our gateway twice.  One of the services keeps malfunctiong and customer service is difficult even when escalated.  Will probably cancel service.

Walt

Message 18 of 29 (1,136 Views)
ACE - Master

Wfevans wrote:

We have had a miserable experience with the installation of uverse.  They have replaced our gateway twice.  One of the services keeps malfunctiong and customer service is difficult even when escalated.  Will probably cancel service.

Walt

Which service is that?  TV, Internet or Phone?

have you read the posts relating to U-Verse Realtime?  It is a great way to do some self diagnosis to better understand what the problem is.  http://uverserealtime.com/

Saying that something "malfunctions" is sort of generic don't you think?  Like going to the mechanic and saying "my car is broken . . . fix it."

Post your UVerse Realtime stats and we will try to help you or point you in the right direction.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 29 (1,124 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

I agree.  AT&T has the worst customer service and customer care philosophy in the world.  They only care about getting your payment on time.

For example: We had (key word is "had") 5 wireless phone lines with them and service for over 8 years.  The reception was just average.  Then we moved to another side of town and got no bars. 

We called and talked about cancelling the contract early and the representative we spoke with said she couldn't see a reason why we shouldn't be allowed out of the contract. 

Two days later, a different manager ({Personal content removed for  safety}) denied that we had been told that and charged us $475 to end the contract.  She was one of those types of "managers" who types fast and just wants to get you off the phone...says "No" alot...you know the type.  Just awful.

We are dumping AT&T and going back to Verizon.  We've had phenomenal customer service through them.  We only left them because when we met one of us had 3 phones with AT&T and the other had a single phone with Verizon.  Verizon rocks.

Good luck in getting your issue resolved.  Consider posting your experience on other sites outside of the forum.  We are.

Message 20 of 29 (1,034 Views)

jtdayusa wrote:

I agree.  AT&T has the worst customer service and customer care philosophy in the world.  They only care about getting your payment on time.

For example: We had (key word is "had") 5 wireless phone lines with them and service for over 8 years.  The reception was just average.  Then we moved to another side of town and got no bars. 

We called and talked about cancelling the contract early and the representative we spoke with said she couldn't see a reason why we shouldn't be allowed out of the contract. 

Two days later, a different manager ({Personal content removed for  safety}) denied that we had been told that and charged us $475 to end the contract.  She was one of those types of "managers" who types fast and just wants to get you off the phone...says "No" alot...you know the type.  Just awful.

We are dumping AT&T and going back to Verizon.  We've had phenomenal customer service through them.  We only left them because when we met one of us had 3 phones with AT&T and the other had a single phone with Verizon.  Verizon rocks.

Good luck in getting your issue resolved.  Consider posting your experience on other sites outside of the forum.  We are.

While I understand your issues with customer service, what does wireless have to do with UVerse?  None of the major providers have great customer service, just varying degrees of bad.  Dish was probably the best for customer service, just over priced for what I was getting at the time, Direct TV has the ABSOLUTE WORST customer service,  AT&T falls in the middle.  I've never had an issue getting my problems resolved, but on one instance I knew much more than the rep I had on the phone and ended up fixing my own problem.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 21 of 29 (1,108 Views)
Scholar

oufanindallas wrote:

jtdayusa wrote:

While I understand your issues with customer service, what does wireless have to do with UVerse?  None of the major providers have great customer service, just varying degrees of bad.  Dish was probably the best for customer service, just over priced for what I was getting at the time, Direct TV has the ABSOLUTE WORST customer service,  AT&T falls in the middle.  I've never had an issue getting my problems resolved, but on one instance I knew much more than the rep I had on the phone and ended up fixing my own problem.

You must have got lucky. I had some problems with DirecTV, but for me, DISH is ABSOLUTELY the WORST. U-verse, not bad, OK. Got alot of freebies from U by complaining. 

Message 22 of 29 (1,077 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

2 & 1/2 months later the drama continues......

Since my last update everything has been just "peachy." We were given a new account number, all of the features worked, and AT&T offered us multiple concessions to keep us happy customers. We are to receive $35 in monthly credits for 6 months and our last bill on the old account was zero balanced...

OR so we thought.

Just received a call from a debt collector trying to collect on our last bill. Unfriggin believable! AT&T will make this right or we are defintely gone for good. I am disputing the charges and am about to put the following letter into the mail for my formal dispute:

Attn:{Personal identifying information removed}

I was contacted this morning in an attempt to collect a debt from AT&T Uverse which I dispute. We had ongoing issues with AT&T UVerse for over 6 months and the solution from AT&T was to cancel my old account and create a new one for me. This was the worst 6 months of customer service anyone could ever imagine. AT&T realized their mistakes and, after many apologies, I was promised by AT&T that my last bill on the old account would be negated (the one in dispute) and they would also provide me a $35 credit on my bills for the next 6 months. The $35 credits are in place and my understanding was that my last bill on the old account was zero balanced .

My conversations were with a gentlemen named Matt from AT&T who was the one who was finally able to resolve the issue for us. Matt is part of the AT&T Uverse Tier II Technical Support team and the only contact information I have for him is this email address:{Personal information removed} .

I am furious that this bill was sent to a collection agency. My wife and I spent countless hours on the phone with AT&T and had horrible experiences with their customer service group. Had AT&T not offered the concessions they did (zero balancing last bill & $35 monthly credit) we certainly would not be AT&T customers today. You can see more information about our experiences here:

http://forums.att.com/t5/TV-Programming/FED-UP-The-worst-customer-service-experience-ever/m-p/263055...

Furthermore, why didn’t someone from AT&T bother calling me in regards to this matter before sending it to a collection agency?

If AT&T wishes to pursue this matter further we certainly will end our long standing relationship with them, not just for UVerse but also for our home telephone as well as my wifes iPhone service.

Thank you,

I will update the forum group on the outcome.

Message 23 of 29 (878 Views)
ACE - Master

Again - I would engage David.  He will probably be just as shocked to hear of this development as we are.

Message 24 of 29 (842 Views)
Guru

rjones233 wrote:

...We are to receive $35 in monthly credits for 6 months and our last bill on the old account was zero balanced...

...I was promised by AT&T that my last bill on the old account would be negated (the one in dispute) and they would also provide me a $35 credit on my bills for the next 6 months...

Unfortunately, CSRs have been known to write checks with their mouths that their heinies can't cash.

If there was not a zero balance on your old account, and the account was already past due, there is no way the balance could have been "zeroed" or "negated" by a CSR. There has to be actual funds put into the account.

Maybe someone dropped the ball by issuing goodwill credits to your new account without also adding funds to your old account. They should have (and may have, back when you attempted to cancel your order and close the account) advised you to pay off the amount due, which would have been the smartest thing to do. This would have allowed the credit to be applied during the next billing period, whereupon billing could then send you a check for the credit amount and prevent your account from being sent to collections.

The collections process may have already been started by the time Matt and his team had come into the picture. Hopefully they can work their magic and salvage the situation.

Message 25 of 29 (826 Views)
Teacher

So This is not solved?Smiley Surprised

Message 26 of 29 (638 Views)

I am so fed up worst service I have ever experienced

Message 27 of 29 (442 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

decluetree wrote:

I am so fed up worst service I have ever experienced

Can you explain why you are so fed up with U-Verse? There are fellow subscribers on this forum who can help you contact people who can possibly fix your problems and alleviate your unhappiness. Otherwise, there is nothing that can be done.

I hope you realize that this thread has not been contributed to for over two years.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
Message 28 of 29 (425 Views)

Hello decluetree,

In order to avoid board clutter and confusion, we ask that you please refrain from cross and double posting.

Please check here for responses to your inquiry. Thank you.

Phil-101 • Community Moderator
Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
This will help other users find this information too!

Message 29 of 29 (420 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.