Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 1, 2013
12:50:41 PM
View profile
Extra Charges on recieving International calls?

A few days ago I read that recieving an international call didn't have any additional charges added onto it.  Is that true, because I was still charged for the incoming calls even when I recieved the international call.

A few days ago I read that recieving an international call didn't have any additional charges added onto it.  Is that true, because I was still charged for the incoming calls even when I recieved the international call.

Extra Charges on recieving International calls?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2013 6:05:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
What were you charged? Minutes are always deducted from you plan anytime you received a call. You should not "charged" any fees for receiving a call beyond what you would for receiving any call.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
What were you charged? Minutes are always deducted from you plan anytime you received a call. You should not "charged" any fees for receiving a call beyond what you would for receiving any call.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Extra Charges on recieving International calls?

2 of 6 (2,682 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2013 5:03:06 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same question.  I received an international long distance call from China on my AT&T cell phone.  When I called AT&T to ask whether there will be any extra charges (in addition to the deduction of the minutes), two representatives gave me completely different answers.  One said, no extra charges other than minutes deducted from my plan.  The other said, yes, I would be charged $3.50 per minute for the call without any international plan, which is outrageous.  I don't have any international calling plan on my AT&T service package.  I just want to confirm from your personal experience that there is no extra charges to receive international calls on my AT&T cell phone.  Thanks.

I have the same question.  I received an international long distance call from China on my AT&T cell phone.  When I called AT&T to ask whether there will be any extra charges (in addition to the deduction of the minutes), two representatives gave me completely different answers.  One said, no extra charges other than minutes deducted from my plan.  The other said, yes, I would be charged $3.50 per minute for the call without any international plan, which is outrageous.  I don't have any international calling plan on my AT&T service package.  I just want to confirm from your personal experience that there is no extra charges to receive international calls on my AT&T cell phone.  Thanks.

3 of 6 (2,466 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2013 7:09:46 PM
(0)
Tutor
I receive international calls on a regular basis and have never incurred any additional charges. The calls will only count against your total mins but no other charges. I do not have any international plans.
I receive international calls on a regular basis and have never incurred any additional charges. The calls will only count against your total mins but no other charges. I do not have any international plans.

4 of 6 (2,457 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 5:09:51 AM
(0)
Guru
I think the person who said it would be $3.50 a minute misunderstood and told you the rice for calling TO China.
Incoming calls are just minutes. They don't cost more to the recipient.
I think the person who said it would be $3.50 a minute misunderstood and told you the rice for calling TO China.
Incoming calls are just minutes. They don't cost more to the recipient.

5 of 6 (2,356 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 7:56:51 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Harryspar is correct, incoming calls from international numbers don't cost anything extra, they just deduct minutes from your plan.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Harryspar is correct, incoming calls from international numbers don't cost anything extra, they just deduct minutes from your plan.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (2,343 Views)