Expanded Search

Tutor

Expanded Search

I recently switched from Direct TV to Uverse.  One feature I really miss is the specialized search feature offered by Direct TV.  You can limit your search criteria by general categories such as "Movies", "Sports", "News & Information" ect.  You can also identify favorite Sports Teams and the system will automatically tell you when your team's are on TV, and give you the opportunity to select that program to watch now or record later (whichever applies).  Uverse's search is very basic in comparison and need's to be expanded. Hopefully someone with Uverse will read this and let us know if any improvements are in the works.

Message 1 of 3 (330 Views)
Community Support

Re: Expanded Search

Hi bbrs074,

Thank you for your input. We always appreciate our customer's feedback. We greatly value your feedback and use it towards our decisions in enhancing the U-verse experience.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (287 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: Expanded Search

DavidCS wrote:

Hi bbrs074,

Thank you for your input. We always appreciate our customer's feedback. We greatly value your feedback and use it towards our decisions in enhancing the U-verse experience.

-David T

Hey David!  Add me to the list as wanting improved search functions and improved / more modern GUI.  I have read that Ericsson has been working into breathing new life into Mediaroom's GUI - hopefully AT&T can/will pass those along, to us end users.

To the OP: while it would be be great to have features from prior providers that may not always happen as many features are patented.  If you read the above paragraph, Ericsson now manages the client that U-Verse IPTV runs on and they showed off some whiz bang features at the CES.  They did mention 3-4 year time frame, however.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (251 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.