Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 5, 2013
6:31:54 AM
View profile
Everything on uverse works except for the wifi. Why?

HOw to make the wifi signal come on?

HOw to make the wifi signal come on?

Everything on uverse works except for the wifi. Why?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 7:50:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

While it could be a hardware problem with your Residential Gateway, often having a seemingly insignificant error in the security settings for your wireless client can cause this.

Review this document for some helpful information: Verifying My Wireless Security Settings

If that doesn't help, please review your symptoms for us.

While it could be a hardware problem with your Residential Gateway, often having a seemingly insignificant error in the security settings for your wireless client can cause this.

Review this document for some helpful information: Verifying My Wireless Security Settings

If that doesn't help, please review your symptoms for us.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Everything on uverse works except for the wifi. Why?

2 of 6 (127 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 8:35:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

What AT&T router do you have?

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

What AT&T router do you have?

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (127 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2013 3:59:29 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi,

We just wanted to check in on you to see if you were able to get your wireless working. For the most part, you do not have to turn it on. By just going through the wireless settings on your device and using the information on the side of your modem, it will connect right up. But if you do not see your wireless connection, the information jeffermc should help. Let us know how it is going and if you still have further problems, let us know what is exactly happening and we would be glad to help.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi,

We just wanted to check in on you to see if you were able to get your wireless working. For the most part, you do not have to turn it on. By just going through the wireless settings on your device and using the information on the side of your modem, it will connect right up. But if you do not see your wireless connection, the information jeffermc should help. Let us know how it is going and if you still have further problems, let us know what is exactly happening and we would be glad to help.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 6 (127 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2013 4:04:58 PM
(0)
Contributor

We did get it. Thank you. Turns out the people who set it up for us were very available and able to help. It was user error. Go figure.

Sent from my iPad

We did get it. Thank you. Turns out the people who set it up for us were very available and able to help. It was user error. Go figure.

Sent from my iPad

5 of 6 (127 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2013 4:09:39 PM
(0)
Community Support

That is great to hear! I am glad everything is up and running!

That is great to hear! I am glad everything is up and running!

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (127 Views)