Helpful Links

Ethernet connection for AT&T modem DC UPS?

Contributor

Ethernet connection for AT&T modem DC UPS?

Sprint wants to send me a Signal Booster to connect to my AT&T wireless modem which is a DC UPS.  I cannot find any place to connect it.  Help!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Ethernet connection for AT&T modem DC UPS?

In an AT&T Internet configuration you have an Residential Gateway (or RG) which serves as modem, router and wireless router.  This may be powered by a UPS that provides DC power.  However, it is not itself a DC UPS.

Am I to understand that Sprint is providing you with a femptocell (aka Micro Tower, Cell Tower in a box, etc.) and that you need to connect it to your Internet Connection.  That should be accomplish with just a Cat5e patch cable with RJ45 plugs on each end.  One into the femptocell, the other into one of the Ethernet ports (marked in yellow) on the RG.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Re: Ethernet connection for AT

Hello -

I do not know where the RG (Residental Gateway?) is. I was on the phone for
an hour with a Tech Connect guy and looked all over the house and in the
attic and cannot find anything that looks like a modem. He's sending a tech
person to find it for me.

The only thing that looks like an Ethernet connection port is on the wall
behind the TV.

If you can provide any other info, that would be great.

Paulette

[edited for privacy]

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Ethernet connection for AT

Do you have an AT&T wired Internet package, either U-verse or DSL?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support