Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 26, 2013
1:38:02 PM
View profile
Error message to pause, FF, or rewind live TV. Says DVR is unplugged or resetting

Every time I try to FF, rewind, or pause live TV, I get an error message saying that the service is not available or that the DVR is unplugged or resetting. I'll reset the DVR and it will work for a little bit, but it will mess up later that day. I'm sick of having to reset the box several times a day. Nothing gets recorded and the cycle continues on a daily basis. I have only had my service for less than a month and this started within the first few days. I work a lot, so DVR is used  a lot to watch the programs I like. Nothing ever gets recorded because the DVR is "unplugged or resetting" when it just worked a few hours earlier and nothing changed.

Every time I try to FF, rewind, or pause live TV, I get an error message saying that the service is not available or that the DVR is unplugged or resetting. I'll reset the DVR and it will work for a little bit, but it will mess up later that day. I'm sick of having to reset the box several times a day. Nothing gets recorded and the cycle continues on a daily basis. I have only had my service for less than a month and this started within the first few days. I work a lot, so DVR is used  a lot to watch the programs I like. Nothing ever gets recorded because the DVR is "unplugged or resetting" when it just worked a few hours earlier and nothing changed.

Error message to pause, FF, or rewind live TV. Says DVR is unplugged or resetting

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 2:24:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I would unplug all of your U-verse receivers including the DVR from power.  Then power down the AT&T Router (RG) wait 15 seconds, plug it back in.  Let it come up all the way so it's back in service.  Then plug in just the DVR.  Let it come back up completely so it's working.  Then plug in all of the rest of the receivers you have.

See if doing that fixes it.  If not post back.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

I would unplug all of your U-verse receivers including the DVR from power.  Then power down the AT&T Router (RG) wait 15 seconds, plug it back in.  Let it come up all the way so it's back in service.  Then plug in just the DVR.  Let it come back up completely so it's working.  Then plug in all of the rest of the receivers you have.

See if doing that fixes it.  If not post back.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Error message to pause, FF, or rewind live TV. Says DVR is unplugged or resetting

2 of 5 (702 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2013 3:22:31 PM
(0)
Employee

Hello mcavazos1024,

I apologize about the difficulties you are having to use the DVR functions. I can help you test your network to determine if the trouble is related to the wiring that connects your receivers or a defective DVR. I have sent you a private message to assist you further in case you continue having trouble after performing the recommendations  provided.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello mcavazos1024,

I apologize about the difficulties you are having to use the DVR functions. I can help you test your network to determine if the trouble is related to the wiring that connects your receivers or a defective DVR. I have sent you a private message to assist you further in case you continue having trouble after performing the recommendations  provided.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Error message to pause, FF, or rewind live TV. Says DVR is unplugged or resetting

3 of 5 (665 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2013 6:42:44 PM
(0)
Contributor

I tried your solution but it doesn't work.  The DVR keeps making a cycling noise and only the power and link lights are on.

I tried your solution but it doesn't work.  The DVR keeps making a cycling noise and only the power and link lights are on.

4 of 5 (576 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 9:09:00 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello spiritdancer57,

I'm sorry you are having the same trouble, I can assist you further if the suggestions above did not help you. I have sent you a private message to gather some account information and help you resolve your issue.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello spiritdancer57,

I'm sorry you are having the same trouble, I can assist you further if the suggestions above did not help you. I have sent you a private message to gather some account information and help you resolve your issue.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (559 Views)