Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 9, 2012
1:58:16 AM
Ernest Borgnine Dead at 95
Edited by Uniblurb3 on Jul 9, 2012 at 2:00:01 AM

I always enjoyed watching the "Skipper" on McHale's Navy but he was an excellent serious actor too. Rest in peace and he will be sadly missed.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/08/showbiz/obit-borgnine/index.html

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.

I always enjoyed watching the "Skipper" on McHale's Navy but he was an excellent serious actor too. Rest in peace and he will be sadly missed.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/08/showbiz/obit-borgnine/index.html

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Ernest Borgnine Dead at 95

[ Edited ]
7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2012 10:17:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Ernest Borgnine Dead at 95

2 of 8 (486 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2012 11:19:58 AM
(0)
Master

I always enjoyed his roles .

I always enjoyed his roles .

3 of 8 (481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2012 4:05:57 PM
(0)
Observer

I think you are confused,Alan Hale jr, played the skipper on Giligan's island,Ernest Borgnine play Mc Hale on Mc Hales navy.Both great actors.

I think you are confused,Alan Hale jr, played the skipper on Giligan's island,Ernest Borgnine play Mc Hale on Mc Hales navy.Both great actors.

4 of 8 (467 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2012 6:42:21 PM
(0)
Master

I don't think I'm wrong/confused according to the below link. I remember McHale's crew often calling him "Skipper", rather than "McHale", which would be typical of Navy slang for the captain/commander of a boat.

"Ernest Borgnine, who began his career playing the heavy but won an Oscar for the gentle comedy “Marty” and may be best known for his starring role as the lovable, often aggravated skipper in the TV series “McHale’s Navy,” has died. He was 95."

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/07/ernest-borgnine-star-of-mchales-navy-dead-at-95/

Granted "Skipper" was also used by Alan Hale Jr. who was the boat captain in the Gilligan's Island series.

Regardless, I watched both shows and liked them.

Uniblurb3

I don't think I'm wrong/confused according to the below link. I remember McHale's crew often calling him "Skipper", rather than "McHale", which would be typical of Navy slang for the captain/commander of a boat.

"Ernest Borgnine, who began his career playing the heavy but won an Oscar for the gentle comedy “Marty” and may be best known for his starring role as the lovable, often aggravated skipper in the TV series “McHale’s Navy,” has died. He was 95."

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/07/ernest-borgnine-star-of-mchales-navy-dead-at-95/

Granted "Skipper" was also used by Alan Hale Jr. who was the boat captain in the Gilligan's Island series.

Regardless, I watched both shows and liked them.

Uniblurb3

5 of 8 (458 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2012 11:22:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Not to rekindle a "dead" thread (that was bad!!) but I thought he did a great job on The Poseidon Adventure along with Shelley Winters.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Not to rekindle a "dead" thread (that was bad!!) but I thought he did a great job on The Poseidon Adventure along with Shelley Winters.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 8 (445 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2012 5:04:55 PM
(0)
Expert

1972's The Poseidon Adventure was my 2nd favorite film of his.  I think my favorite was 1965's The Flight of the Phoenix.

(Both of which were redone, and both blew chunks. Smiley Frustrated )

1972's The Poseidon Adventure was my 2nd favorite film of his.  I think my favorite was 1965's The Flight of the Phoenix.

(Both of which were redone, and both blew chunks. Smiley Frustrated )

7 of 8 (435 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2012 12:50:20 PM
(0)
Guru
One word comes to mind: airwolf! He was excellent on that show.
One word comes to mind: airwolf! He was excellent on that show.

8 of 8 (403 Views)