Ernest Borgnine Dead at 95

Master

Ernest Borgnine Dead at 95

[ Edited ]

I always enjoyed watching the "Skipper" on McHale's Navy but he was an excellent serious actor too. Rest in peace and he will be sadly missed.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/08/showbiz/obit-borgnine/index.html

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 1 of 8 (613 Views)
Expert

Re: Ernest Borgnine Dead at 95

Message 2 of 8 (592 Views)
Master

I always enjoyed his roles .

Message 3 of 8 (587 Views)

I think you are confused,Alan Hale jr, played the skipper on Giligan's island,Ernest Borgnine play Mc Hale on Mc Hales navy.Both great actors.

Message 4 of 8 (573 Views)
Master

I don't think I'm wrong/confused according to the below link. I remember McHale's crew often calling him "Skipper", rather than "McHale", which would be typical of Navy slang for the captain/commander of a boat.

"Ernest Borgnine, who began his career playing the heavy but won an Oscar for the gentle comedy “Marty” and may be best known for his starring role as the lovable, often aggravated skipper in the TV series “McHale’s Navy,” has died. He was 95."

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/07/ernest-borgnine-star-of-mchales-navy-dead-at-95/

Granted "Skipper" was also used by Alan Hale Jr. who was the boat captain in the Gilligan's Island series.

Regardless, I watched both shows and liked them.

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 5 of 8 (564 Views)
ACE - Master

Not to rekindle a "dead" thread (that was bad!!) but I thought he did a great job on The Poseidon Adventure along with Shelley Winters.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 8 (551 Views)
Expert

1972's The Poseidon Adventure was my 2nd favorite film of his.  I think my favorite was 1965's The Flight of the Phoenix.

(Both of which were redone, and both blew chunks. Smiley Frustrated )

Message 7 of 8 (541 Views)
Guru

One word comes to mind: airwolf! He was excellent on that show.
Message 8 of 8 (509 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.