12-05-2013 1:34 PM
We moved here nearly three years ago and got U-verse for Internet.
When they came to install it three years ago, the guy had the hardest time finding a place to install it. I couldn't tell if he was being lazy, or maybe was new, or if it really was true that it was almost impossible to find a place in our home to install the darn thing. It was bizarre. He couldn't place it any of the places I would have liked, and in the end, the only place he could manage to install it was near our back door. So there the modem/router thing sits, extremely awkwardly, on a table near the back door.
Now, we are considering adding U-verse TV. Since the technician had such a hard time before, I'm wondering if someone's going to tell us that the only place we can have our TV is by the back door. If that's true, I don't want to bother. So I have questions.
1. When I add the service to my bundle, it looks like we will be charged for new Internet equipment as well as TV equipment, and the Internet is going to have an extra fee every month? It's called "High Speed Internet Equipment Fee" $6.00 a month. But of course we already have "high speed Internet equipment" sitting by the back door. Is it true that we need something new, and if so why, and why would it involve an extra fee, rather than just trading it out?
2. There's also a $99 Internet installation fee, but we already have U-verse Internet installed. Is it really true that we need to pay to have Internet "installed"? Does that mean that it might be installed in some sort of reasonable location this time?
3. Am I going to pay all this money to have a "professional installer" come to my home, and then be told I have my TV by the back door, like the Internet modem/router is? And no, there is no way to reasonably run cable from that location near the back door to any place where we want our two TVs to end up. If the person who comes to install the TV is like the person who installed the Internet, we probably don't want it.
I just wish there was some way to find out whether TV will work out in a reasonable way, before I sign up for the frustration I experienced last time.
12-05-2013 2:17 PM
12-05-2013 4:50 PM
Thanks for your reply.
No, we do not have cable or dish or coax cable or any kind, anywhere in the house.
So here are three more questions!
1. It sounds like you are saying, if the only place I can have my TV is some place bizarre, like by the back door, I can choose to cancel the installation and the service, and get my money back -- is that correct?
2. You mention that the RG is different now -- would it go in the same place?
3. Suppose that the new technician says that I cannot have the TVs wired where I want them. Would it be possible to have the DVR and RG by the back door, and the two TVs on wireless, where I do want them?
Thanks for your help!
12-05-2013 5:20 PM
Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.
© 2017 AT&T Intellectual Property.This link will open a new window All rights reserved. AT&T, Globe logo, Mobilizing Your World and DIRECTV are registered trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Congratulations! You earned the Liz badge!