Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Email won't accept password

Contributor

Email won't accept password

My two Email sub accounts quit accepting the password yesterday. Nothing changed but the denial.

Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email won't accept password

If you need to reset an email password that is forgotten or isn't being accepted

Important Note

If you can't remember the answers to your security questions, validate the ZIP code we have on file, and don't have an alternate email address on file, there is no way to reset your email password. However, you can create a new email address.

To reset your email password, follow these steps:

1. From the myAT&T login page, select Forgot Password?.
  2. Enter your full AT&T email address in the User ID field.
  3. Enter your last name, then select Continue.
  4. Select your password retrieval method: 
    • Send me a temporary password - Choose this method to have a temporary password sent to the contact email address that we have on file. The temporary password will be used to complete the process described below, but can't be used to log in to your email box. This method is only available if your contact email address is different than the address for which you are attempting to reset the password.
    • I'll answer my security questions - Choose this method to answer the security questions that you selected when you established your email account.
  5. Reset your password. 
    • If you chose to receive a temporary password, it was sent to your contact email address (not to the email address for which you are attempting to reset the password). Retrieve the temporary password and enter it in the field provided. A prompt to create your new permanent password will display. Follow the instructions to create your permanent password. If you mistakenly closed the window, you can use your temporary password one time by going to the myAT&T login page. You will then be prompted to set a permanent password.
    • If you chose to answer security questions, you simply need to type in the answers to those questions and then create your new password.

Once successful, you will receive confirmation that your password has been reset. You can start using your new password to access your email at www.att.net or using an email program. It may take up to five minutes for the new password to take effect.

Important Note

If you access your email using an email client program like Outlook, Windows Mail, or Mac Mail, you must update the password stored in your client in order to send and receive email.

Message 2 of 4
Master

On the computer where the problem is happening, open teh web browser and go to the web mail interface and login there.  Once you do that, see if the problem you can now login to your email account again the "normal" method.  This happens to me every so often with my Yahoo based accounts.  I think it is related to their belief that since I am not using the web mail interfae that my account is no longer in use, and they are getting ready to deactivate it.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Message 3 of 4
Contributor

What does kudos mean? does it mean "donaldbridgeman@comcast.net" email and "rosemary7405" password are now accepted?  why?

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support