Easy Remote Error 4006

Contributor

Easy Remote Error 4006

[ Edited ]

I've downloaded the Uverse Easy Remote app for my iPad and my iPhone and when I launch, it says it is "Connecting to Receiver" and then the follow message appears:

Error

There has been a problem connecting to the U-verse network. Ensure you are connected to a U-verse WiFi Network, then launch the My Enabled Device application on channel <9301> or try again. Error 4006.

I have Uverse Internet, TV and Phone service and a wifi network setup. Please advise. 

Message 1 of 2 (859 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Easy Remote Error 4006

jadamson5 - If the error is that the ipad cannot connect to the U-verse wi-fi, I had the same problem. I was trying to catch up on a bunch of updates before going to ios7 & it seemed very slow. I believe I got a couple going at the same time & looking for something to keep busy while waiting . This appears to be a mistake. The ipad is more a serial machine than we are now used to with computers.

I believe the U-verse app could not get time on the wi-fi & errored out. I suggest trying one app at a time & close apps you are not using. IOS7 close method is more fun than the previous way.

You can use the ipad to access the internet?? if not connect in settings.

Why are you using the easy remote?? For CC? That is the only reason I can think of to use it. I find it a confusing mess.

The best U-verse remote app is U-verse for iphone. It also works on ipad. Just change the app store to iphone at the top of the page.
U-verse for ipad was just updated for live TV. Ipad version to come later this month.

If you are looking for a remote app, check out buddy tv.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (831 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.