Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 22, 2013
10:31:16 AM
View profile
Early termination fees

I was an AT&T customer for almost 20 years. Not any more.

I have two business locations, both using phone/internet service. This past year I got fed up with our registers (Micros E-7s) timing out repeatedly, and contacted AT&T in July to terminate service. But the rep said Uverse was available to provide the service we needed. She also talked me into an All-for-Less plan. So I switched one store and was told that I would be contacted about scheduling the switch at the other store. Uverse did work better, but no one called about the other store. So I called. After a brief hold, the rep told me Uverse was not available at the second location. I decided the only option for my business and my customers was to switch to another provider, the local cable company. And register time-outs dropped to almost none.

When AT&T sent me the final bill for the second location, it included over $250 in early termination fees -- after 18 years of on-time payments and loyal patronage. After they couldn't provide adequate service.

I was so mad I wanted to terminate AT&T at both stores, but I didn't. Not until I called to cancel that All-for-Less plan of computer support that first rep had talked me into over the phone. Guess what? That was an annual contract too! There were early termination fees! She hadn't mentioned that.

That's when I decided to rid myself of AT&T. Over $80 in termination fees this time. I don't care.

AT&T used to be a business I felt I could trust. Back when scammer long-distance companies used to "slam" us over to another service, or some scammer internet company tried to place charges on our phone bill, AT&T always corrected the situation. I stayed with AT&T because of that trust. Now it seems the scammers have taken over AT&T.

I was an AT&T customer for almost 20 years. Not any more.

I have two business locations, both using phone/internet service. This past year I got fed up with our registers (Micros E-7s) timing out repeatedly, and contacted AT&T in July to terminate service. But the rep said Uverse was available to provide the service we needed. She also talked me into an All-for-Less plan. So I switched one store and was told that I would be contacted about scheduling the switch at the other store. Uverse did work better, but no one called about the other store. So I called. After a brief hold, the rep told me Uverse was not available at the second location. I decided the only option for my business and my customers was to switch to another provider, the local cable company. And register time-outs dropped to almost none.

When AT&T sent me the final bill for the second location, it included over $250 in early termination fees -- after 18 years of on-time payments and loyal patronage. After they couldn't provide adequate service.

I was so mad I wanted to terminate AT&T at both stores, but I didn't. Not until I called to cancel that All-for-Less plan of computer support that first rep had talked me into over the phone. Guess what? That was an annual contract too! There were early termination fees! She hadn't mentioned that.

That's when I decided to rid myself of AT&T. Over $80 in termination fees this time. I don't care.

AT&T used to be a business I felt I could trust. Back when scammer long-distance companies used to "slam" us over to another service, or some scammer internet company tried to place charges on our phone bill, AT&T always corrected the situation. I stayed with AT&T because of that trust. Now it seems the scammers have taken over AT&T.

Early termination fees

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2013 1:58:06 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, pretzladay!

Thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear that the contract terms weren't verbally communicated. If there is anything we can do, please let us know by clicking here and sending us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

Once again, I apologize about any confusion and frustration. In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, pretzladay!

Thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear that the contract terms weren't verbally communicated. If there is anything we can do, please let us know by clicking here and sending us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

Once again, I apologize about any confusion and frustration. In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Early termination fees

2 of 2 (776 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments