Ask a question

Posted Jun 19, 2013
3:31:47 PM
View profile
Early activation
Hi all,

My activation date for uverse Internet is Monday, but I'm scheduled to receive my self install kit on Friday. Can AT&T move my activation date up, if I receive my self install kit early?

Early activation

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2013 6:17:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I wouldn't rock the boat.  If it's Monday leave it Monday.  If someone goes in and monkey's around trying to change it something might happen and the Monday due date get cancelled and then you will have to wait for the next available.  But you can try to call if you want.  Don't think it will do much good though.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Early activation

2 of 8 (884 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2013 11:49:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

benboy12 wrote:
Hi all,

My activation date for uverse Internet is Monday, but I'm scheduled to receive my self install kit on Friday. Can AT&T move my activation date up, if I receive my self install kit early?

They put it that way so you'll have it before you install, time usually 8 pm.  As beebee stated they probably won't change the date.  Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 8 (865 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2013 8:06:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

As has been said, the equipment is shipped to arrive before the installation date, so that you'll be able to use it the day it goes live.  At some point during the installation date, but no later than 8 PM, your line should come live.  This may require a visit to make some physical connection, or just an online configuration step somewhere (depending on the type of U-verse you have and your local set up).

I'd recommend you not try to make a last minute change; bad things have happened to some who have done this.

4 of 8 (811 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2013 8:52:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

benboy12 wrote:

When I got U-Verse, my hardware arrived about a week before my installation date.  Mine arrived UPS, and I know that UPS does not guarantee many delivery dates, unless you pay for a high priced delivery service.  Because of that, some packages may arrive sooner or later than the expected delivery date.  Mine arrived 2 days before the expected delivery date getting my hardware to me on Tuesday of one week, with installation scheduled for the following Monday. Even with that, there were problems in the accounting office that delayed my U-Verse HSI 2 more days, and my U-Verse Voice by over another week.  

My previous configuration was not "typical" so it caused them problems in their systems.  I had 2 POTS lines plus ADSL on the secondary POTS line.  The second POTS line was kept, and this is where the problems came in because it was being biled under teh primary line's account number along with the ADSL.  Because the second line was being kept, they would not port the primary line number from AT&T Voice to AT&T U-Verse but it took several days and daily phone calls to get that resolved, and in the end it was as simple as moving that line to it's own billing account.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

5 of 8 (802 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2013 3:26:28 PM
(0)
Teacher
Another question along the same lines, would it hurt to plug it in early and see if its active? I don't wanna screw anything up, but I'm curious if it will be active before 8 PM

6 of 8 (778 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2013 3:47:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You could, but usually they do this type maintenace/changes right about 8pm.  That's when they cut off the POTS service I cancelled recently, but still have Uverse TV/internet. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

7 of 8 (775 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2013 10:14:23 AM
(0)
Contributor
Thanks for this information I am a new user and topics like this save alot of time.

8 of 8 (572 Views)