Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 9, 2013
8:36:41 PM
View profile
ETF if I switch to Mobile Share?

I just got a Nexus 5 from the Google Play store, but I guess I'm still locked in until Aug. 2014 with my existing 2 year plan. I wanted to switch to mobile share as it would save me money since I purchased a phone separate from my contract.

Is there any point in trying to have the ETF waived if I switch plans? Otherwise that $15 savings won't make up for the $175 cancellation fee for almost two years.

I just got a Nexus 5 from the Google Play store, but I guess I'm still locked in until Aug. 2014 with my existing 2 year plan. I wanted to switch to mobile share as it would save me money since I purchased a phone separate from my contract.

Is there any point in trying to have the ETF waived if I switch plans? Otherwise that $15 savings won't make up for the $175 cancellation fee for almost two years.

ETF if I switch to Mobile Share?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 11:36:34 PM
(0)
Scholar

There is no ETF for switching to a Mobile Share.

If you do pay the ETF, you do save the $15 a month.

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]

There is no ETF for switching to a Mobile Share.

If you do pay the ETF, you do save the $15 a month.

Re: ETF if I switch to Mobile Share?

2 of 5 (793 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2013 3:24:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
As mentioned, you will not be charged an early termination fee for changing your plan. In fact. I do it all the time according to my own usage! Smiley Happy

You can basically change your phone your plans or phones at anytime you wish to without fear of paying the ETF. Just make sure to call customer care on a different phone like a house phone (800)331-0500 since changing the plan may require you to power off your phone. Smiley Wink
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
As mentioned, you will not be charged an early termination fee for changing your plan. In fact. I do it all the time according to my own usage! Smiley Happy

You can basically change your phone your plans or phones at anytime you wish to without fear of paying the ETF. Just make sure to call customer care on a different phone like a house phone (800)331-0500 since changing the plan may require you to power off your phone. Smiley Wink
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (781 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2013 8:37:15 AM
(0)
Employee

I've heard companies like Sprint/Tmobile did stuff like that. (don't know if they still do)

We're not them.

-Alex

I've heard companies like Sprint/Tmobile did stuff like that. (don't know if they still do)

We're not them.

-Alex

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 5 (761 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2013 11:25:43 AM
(0)
Professor

You can switch to the Mobile Share plan without paying the ETF, but my understanding is that you would still pay $40 a month for the smartphone fee since you are still under contract for a previously subsidized device.  Your rate wouldn't drop to $25 until that contract is completed.

You can switch to the Mobile Share plan without paying the ETF, but my understanding is that you would still pay $40 a month for the smartphone fee since you are still under contract for a previously subsidized device.  Your rate wouldn't drop to $25 until that contract is completed.

5 of 5 (685 Views)