Helpful Links

ETF charge needs to be Waived

Contributor

ETF charge needs to be Waived

In September 2012, I signed up for the Uverse internet and TV bundle. When I talked to the rep who sold me the service he told me they had a new 18mb connection that could dedicate 18mb to all devices in the house up to 10 (or 16 devices don't remember which). I was very skeptical since as a operations manager for over 22 different ISPs over the USA I've never heard of such thing. I told him of my 5-8 devices and he assured me with all of them on (4 of which that stream pretty often and at the same time) I would still maintain the 18 on EVERY device. 

2 months in it's now November right before Thanksgiving and I notice the slow speeds while 4 devices are on. I have family flying in from all over the country and I need the speeds to be what I was promised or I will see a drastic drop in my connection. I call up the local ATT tech to come out and take a look at the system he assures me it's fine the signal strength is what it's suppose to be. 

So I call in to ATT Customer service department and get a women that seemed to be having a very hard day. I understand I use to take those phone calls it can be tough, but at one point she decided to call me a "d***** bag" and hung up on me. This is 2 days before thanksgiving and I have family flying in a few hours. So I decided to just wait till after the holidays.

January rolls around same issues with slow speeds, So I've finally decided to switch service since what I was told I would be getting was untrue. I call in to cancel my service and they are now wanting to charge me a $135 ETF.

I understand contracts and I understand agreement, but what I agreed to and what I got was not the same thing at all. Most of the time the Customer Service reps and ATT were wonderful and both the supervisor and agent I spoke too during my cancelation were amazing. 

But the bottom line is this service does not meet my needs and doesn't perform to the level I was told it would. I don't beleive a ETF should be paid when I was told I was getting a ferrari yet I ended up with a golf cart. 

I was told come to this site and message to get a call from the execs to have this waived.

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: ETF charge needs to be Waived

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

PM them and they can address your concerns.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Mentor

will.allen20 wrote:

In September 2012, I signed up for the Uverse internet and TV bundle. When I talked to the rep who sold me the service he told me they had a new 18mb connection that could dedicate 18mb to all devices in the house up to 10 (or 16 devices don't remember which). I was very skeptical since as a operations manager for over 22 different ISPs over the USA I've never heard of such thing. I told him of my 5-8 devices and he assured me with all of them on (4 of which that stream pretty often and at the same time) I would still maintain the 18 on EVERY device. 

You have managed over 22 different ISP's and actually though that you were ordering 18Mbps service that would provide simuntaious 18Mbps service to EVERY device you connected to your network?
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

Yes, that was my exact point as well. But this guy seemed it was some new technology and I actually work for a isp that is devolping something very similar to this product just it works a bit differently. So I figured no hurt to try it out.

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Additional Support