ESPN Buzzer Beater now on 613/1613

ACE - Professor

ESPN Buzzer Beater now on 613/1613

613 SD
1613 HD

I have U-300 and (until Sunday), HD Premium.

Hopefully I'll see it during the action...I now see the "you are not subscribed" screen.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 28 (1,859 Views)

Re: ESPN Buzzer Beater now on 613/1613

[ Edited ]

We got ESPN Bases Loaded during the college baseball regionals and super regionals last spring (on 610/1610).  That's why I was so surprised when we didn't get ESPN Goal Line right away at the start of the college football season.  I am thinking we will have access to all three now, but I don't know that for sure.  I thought the last contract signed with ESPN included access to them.  When I called customer service to ask about Goal Line, no one could tell me when it would become available.  But I have to assume now is that time.  Hopefully I'm right.  I like channels like NFL Red Zone and these three from ESPN that show important moments in games.

Message 16 of 28 (1,659 Views)

That Don Guy wrote:

Are you sure?  The screen on 613 and 1613 says it starts January 1.  (January 8 appears to be the date on which it premiered in 2011.)

I just noticed - the screen says ESPN Goal Line "returns January 1" on that channel.  Presumably, it will be covering the four bowl games on ABC/ESPN that overlap - Gator, Heart of Dallas, Capital One, and Outback.  Unless ESPN has the rights to include non-ESPN/ABC games, that would probably be the only day it would be on, as the only other overlap is on 1/3, with the Orange Bowl on ESPN and the Cotton Bowl on Fox.

dwinth wrote:

If I understand correctly, do ESPN Goal Line and ESPN Buzzer Beater share the same channel with Goal Line being on during the college football regular season and Buzzer Beater being on during the college basketball season?

Apparently, this is correct.  We will probably know more on January 1.

Message 17 of 28 (1,588 Views)

...and, right on cue (January 1, noon Eastern), ESPN Goal Line is on 1613, covering the four "minor" New Year's Day bowl games

Message 18 of 28 (1,415 Views)
Mentor

I love this today.  Beats the old days of dragging 3 other tvs into the living room to watch all the action.  Happy New Year to all!

Message 19 of 28 (1,408 Views)
ACE - Professor

gcotton...Try RedZone during NFL Sundays during the regular season as part of the HD Premium Pack.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 20 of 28 (1,392 Views)

Watched this today and loved it.  Thumbs up to U-Verse for getting it on!

Message 21 of 28 (1,375 Views)
Mentor

Already have it Smiley Happy
Message 22 of 28 (1,336 Views)
ACE - Professor

I turned on Buzzer Beater (613 SD and 1613 HD), and as of today it has switched to Bases Loaded. I could have sworn it was Buzzer Beater yesterday.

How does Bases Loaded work in regards to the NCAA World Series? Is it only going to be on for the three dates indicated of May 30, June 1, and June 2? It is too bad that it is not like NFL Red Zone, and would be in every Major League stadium during the regular season.

How many of you received a strange private email from AT&T Community Team giving you a new rank? My new rank was Manufacturer Representative. Am I supposed to go on the road for AT&T and sell U-Verse to people? What hotels and restaurants do you recommend? Here is the letter. I think this forum was hacked. This evening when I checked it still said "Professor" by my name so I assume the problem was fixed.

Congratulations, dwinth!

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is Manufacturer Representative.

We appreciate your efforts and hope you will continue to be an active member of the community.

Thanks!

The AT&T Community Support Team

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
Message 23 of 28 (1,074 Views)

[ Edited ]

dwinth wrote:

I turned on Buzzer Beater (613 SD and 1613 HD), and as of today it has switched to Bases Loaded. I could have sworn it was Buzzer Beater yesterday.

How does Bases Loaded work in regards to the NCAA World Series? Is it only going to be on for the three dates indicated of May 30, June 1, and June 2? It is too bad that it is not like NFL Red Zone, and would be in every Major League stadium during the regular season.

It probably was Buzzer Beater yesterday, but now the tournament is at the point where there will be only two games on at a time (and even then, only on Thursday and Friday - after that, all games are on CBS), so I assume they figure there is no need for it.  Remember that when 613/1613 started on January 1, it was ESPN Goal Line, and will probably be Goal Line again when football season starts.

As for the NCAA College World Series, are you sure about those dates?  The regionals (16 double-elimination groups of 4) are listed as May 29 through June 1; there are no games scheduled for June 2, unless they are allowing for rainouts.  (The best-of-three "super-regionals" are June 6-9; the College World Series itself starts June 14, and there are never two CWS games on at the same time - in fact, I think every CWS game is on ESPN or ESPN2.)

Message 24 of 28 (1,021 Views)
Scholar

is there a channel called strike zone...that show mlb games .....like buzzer beater and goal line does for ncaa basketball and football

Message 25 of 28 (996 Views)
Mentor

Yes there is but U-Verse does not currently carry it. Here you can find more information about it...

http://mlb.mlb.com/network/promotions/strike_zone.jsp

Message 26 of 28 (989 Views)
ACE - Professor

That Don Guy wrote:

dwinth wrote:

It probably was Buzzer Beater yesterday, but now the tournament is at the point where there will be only two games on at a time (and even then, only on Thursday and Friday - after that, all games are on CBS), so I assume they figure there is no need for it.  Remember that when 613/1613 started on January 1, it was ESPN Goal Line, and will probably be Goal Line again when football season starts.

As for the NCAA College World Series, are you sure about those dates?  The regionals (16 double-elimination groups of 4) are listed as May 29 through June 1; there are no games scheduled for June 2, unless they are allowing for rainouts.  (The best-of-three "super-regionals" are June 6-9; the College World Series itself starts June 14, and there are never two CWS games on at the same time - in fact, I think every CWS game is on ESPN or ESPN2.)

The screen did not specify the NCAA College World Series. Those dates are still present on the screen tonight. It says May 30- June 1. 2 PM ET. June 2. 6PM ET.

Message 27 of 28 (978 Views)
Highlighted

dwinth wrote:

The screen did not specify the NCAA College World Series. Those dates are still present on the screen tonight. It says May 30- June 1. 2 PM ET. June 2. 6PM ET.

Understood.  Those dates are for the NCAA Baseball Tournament Regionals.  (Presumably, the channel will also carry games from the eight Super-Regionals, which are the following weekend.  After that, there is no need, as no two games would be on at the same time.)

As for the May 30-June 2 vs May 29-June 1 confusion, I got the 5/29-6/1 dates from the NCAA Baseball site, but other sites (e.g. UCLA's baseball site) do list 5/30-6/2, which makes sense as the regionals have been Friday through Monday (which would be 5/30-6/2) in the past.

Message 28 of 28 (939 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.