ESPN 3

Highlighted
Scholar

ESPN 3

I can't view ESPN3 on line. ATT says it's ESPN issue, ESPN says it's att since they are the provider. How do i view espn3 on line. ESPN says no log in is required, there is no blackout in my area. I get the message Not Authorized. What does that mean?

Message 1 of 6 (1,094 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: ESPN 3

Can you provide some more details:

1) Are you doing this on an AT&T U-verse connection?

2) Do you have U-verse IPTV?

3) Did the ESPN3 site ask you who your video provider is?  If so, what did you tell them?

4) Has the ESPN3 site asked you to log in with a username and password?  If so, did you?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (1,086 Views)
ACE - Expert

thomasr1950 -
Are you using this link? - http://espn.go.com/watchespn/http://espn.go.com/watchespn/#

Did you previously register?

I had previously registered/ viewed this link, so, I tried it. I could play something, but the two that I wanted said not authorized. So, I signed in with u-verse credentials. I will say there was no response to the sign in, but, retrying the two games was successful.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6 (1,064 Views)
Employee

Espn3 for ATT is only available if have Uverse IPTV u200 or above package.
If your an internet only account or ubasic or ufamily you would not have authorization.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6 (1,051 Views)
ACE - Guru

Espn3 is available if you have Internet service only. None of the other espn channels are available for Internet only customers. I just used the watch espn app on the iPhone to watch a live event on espn3.
Message 5 of 6 (1,013 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

browndk26 wrote:
Espn3 is available if you have Internet service only. None of the other espn channels are available for Internet only customers. I just used the watch espn app on the iPhone to watch a live event on espn3.

That's not exactly what it says here:

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/faq#faq1 wrote:

What is WatchESPN?

WatchESPN is your single online and mobile destination for ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, ESPNews, ESPN Deportes, ESPN Goal Line and ESPN Buzzer Beater. Access to each network is based on your subscription with an affiliate video provider.

or here:

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/about wrote:

Access to live programming on the ESPN3 channel of WatchESPN.com is available at no additional cost to fans with subscriptions to participating high speed internet service providers. Click HERE to view a complete list of participating providers.

ESPN3 is also available at no cost to U.S. college students and U.S.-based military personnel on computers connected to on-campus educational networks and on-base military networks

AT&T U-Verse
(AT&T Uverse customers only)

So... AT&T U-verse HSIA customers should have access to ESPN3.  AT&T DSL Internet customers would not.

Message 6 of 6 (1,002 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.