Ask a question

Posted Oct 9, 2013
2:53:32 PM
View profile
DynDNS through Uverse for NightOwl security system

I've been working on this for over a week and have no idea why it's not working but does anyone here know how to get dynamic DNS working through these 2wire routers?

I have a video Surveillance system from nightowl that uses dynamic DNS through their own website that lets me connect to it from the internet. Since i've moved to Uverse it's has never worked and the system says that the DDNS times out.

I've cleared the 2wire router with TCP 80, 8080 (port I use to access it), 9000 (Media Port), and 1024 (port for mobile access) and it still fails. Am I missing a port? I can ping the website from my host (not possible from the video system) and i've even set their DNS server in the video system but nothing has worked.

This is a very important part of my home and if I can't get this figured out, i'm dumping uverse.

P.S. Why would ATT install a new 2wire router that passes all that multicast traffic through a single 100meg connection. Why are there no gig connections on these routers and why is wireless maxed out at 802.11g? Why no "n" wireless?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

DynDNS through Uverse for NightOwl security system

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 9:27:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by BeeBeeSA on Oct 10, 2013 at 9:29:54 AM

What is the model number of your AT&T Router?

Take a look at this and see if it helps: Foscam.us – Wireless Network IP Cameras » Blog Archive » Guide to Port Forwarding – 2Wire Router

If you have an NVG510 take a look at this: Setting up Port Forwarding for Motorola NVG510 - AT&T U-verse - TV, Internet & Voice Support

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: DynDNS through Uverse for NightOwl security system

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (1,576 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 2:39:32 PM
(0)
Contributor

The model is a 3801HGV.

I know how to do port forwarding and i've even tried to set my video system to DMZ Plus Mode without success.

Thanks

Re: DynDNS through Uverse for NightOwl security system

3 of 3 (1,558 Views)