Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 20, 2014
11:51:23 AM
View profile
Download/upload speeds terrible
So I have the 18Mbs plan.
My download speed is between 13 and 15. Which I think is good. No complaints there.

But my upload is around 0.94 always.

Is this normal? Or does this suck?
So I have the 18Mbs plan.
My download speed is between 13 and 15. Which I think is good. No complaints there.

But my upload is around 0.94 always.

Is this normal? Or does this suck?

Download/upload speeds terrible

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2014 12:45:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The nominal upstream speed for Max (18 Mbps down) is 1.5 Mbps.

There are many reasons why your upload speed may not be all the way at the top. Do you test wired or wirelessly?  If wirelessly, can you test wired?

The nominal upstream speed for Max (18 Mbps down) is 1.5 Mbps.

There are many reasons why your upload speed may not be all the way at the top. Do you test wired or wirelessly?  If wirelessly, can you test wired?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Download/upload speeds terrible

2 of 6 (363 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2014 1:15:06 PM
(0)
Contributor

I used wireless. But I was not aware of the upload speed. So I am happy with that speed on wireless. I thought it was supposed to be higher is all.

I used wireless. But I was not aware of the upload speed. So I am happy with that speed on wireless. I thought it was supposed to be higher is all.

3 of 6 (357 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2014 1:23:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Unless you're uploading, the upload bandwidth rarely matters.

OTOH, unless you're downloading (or otherwise viewing content), the downstream bandwidth rarely matters.  It just so happens most people download a lot more than they upload.

Unless you're uploading, the upload bandwidth rarely matters.

OTOH, unless you're downloading (or otherwise viewing content), the downstream bandwidth rarely matters.  It just so happens most people download a lot more than they upload.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (355 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2014 8:09:46 PM
(0)
Employee
Which RG, if the 510 your on an adsl2+ circuit which has only 1M up on both 12 and 18 internet profiles.

if your on a vdsl circuit (iptv is an option for you) with a 3600, 3800, 3801, 5031, i38hg or 589 then the 18M (max plus) would have an upload speed of 1.5

As not seeing above 1M suspect the 510 RG...your upload would be correct.
Which RG, if the 510 your on an adsl2+ circuit which has only 1M up on both 12 and 18 internet profiles.

if your on a vdsl circuit (iptv is an option for you) with a 3600, 3800, 3801, 5031, i38hg or 589 then the 18M (max plus) would have an upload speed of 1.5

As not seeing above 1M suspect the 510 RG...your upload would be correct.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 6 (315 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2014 5:41:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Ah.  WTHeck did they have to call this thing with all different rules by the same name?

Ah.  WTHeck did they have to call this thing with all different rules by the same name?

6 of 6 (299 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments