Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 7, 2014
1:18:42 PM
Double billing - for telephone, both by ATT and U-verse!!

I've got to say, U-verse has a great product, I love it. My relationship with the company has been very frustrating.

Since my Internet and DSL service was provided by someone other than ATT, I had difficulty in getting my phone number ported to U-verse. I finally got that done.

However, since then, I am being doubled billed, by both ATT and U-verse.

Calls to U-verse, so far, have resulted in credits for the ATT bill, but I can't get the billing to stop. I was on the line for 45 minutes the last time with an agent who seemed like he knew what he was doing. However, last week, a new bill arrived from ATT along with another bill from U-verse.

I have spent hours at my home, at my workplace in parking lots and by the side of busy roads trying to get something seeming simple done. I have spoken to many pleasant representatives who have tried to resolve my issues. I guess that they don't have the time, training or tools to effectively do their jobs.

Thank goodness I don't do paperless billing and I haven't signed up for "autopay' (although I would like to).

Something however is terribly wrong with U-verse's ability to provide effective customer service. It must be outsourced with no oversight.

I work during the day and find it difficult to speak to someone in billing, during their business hours. I have to plan on taking several hours off on multiple occasions to find resolution. This costs me money. I resent it and if things do not improve I am going to have to bolt and sign up with another provider.

Can someone on this board help me?

I've got to say, U-verse has a great product, I love it. My relationship with the company has been very frustrating.

Since my Internet and DSL service was provided by someone other than ATT, I had difficulty in getting my phone number ported to U-verse. I finally got that done.

However, since then, I am being doubled billed, by both ATT and U-verse.

Calls to U-verse, so far, have resulted in credits for the ATT bill, but I can't get the billing to stop. I was on the line for 45 minutes the last time with an agent who seemed like he knew what he was doing. However, last week, a new bill arrived from ATT along with another bill from U-verse.

I have spent hours at my home, at my workplace in parking lots and by the side of busy roads trying to get something seeming simple done. I have spoken to many pleasant representatives who have tried to resolve my issues. I guess that they don't have the time, training or tools to effectively do their jobs.

Thank goodness I don't do paperless billing and I haven't signed up for "autopay' (although I would like to).

Something however is terribly wrong with U-verse's ability to provide effective customer service. It must be outsourced with no oversight.

I work during the day and find it difficult to speak to someone in billing, during their business hours. I have to plan on taking several hours off on multiple occasions to find resolution. This costs me money. I resent it and if things do not improve I am going to have to bolt and sign up with another provider.

Can someone on this board help me?

Double billing - for telephone, both by ATT and U-verse!!

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2014 2:01:55 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello Travis Horton, welcome to the Forums!

I apologize for the billing issue you're experiencing. We have an amazing team of Social Media Care managers that will be happy to help you with that! Please send us a private message by clicking here, please include your full name, phone number, account number (or numbers if you have more than one) and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello Travis Horton, welcome to the Forums!

I apologize for the billing issue you're experiencing. We have an amazing team of Social Media Care managers that will be happy to help you with that! Please send us a private message by clicking here, please include your full name, phone number, account number (or numbers if you have more than one) and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Double billing - for telephone, both by ATT and U-verse!!

2 of 2 (239 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments