Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Jul 20, 2012
6:51:33 AM
View profile
Door-to-door Salesperson Lied

I recently switched to AT&T U-verse.  I had been with Comcast for years, but the AT&T U-verse sales rep assured me the $59 U-300 package was not a promotion with no contract.  I verified with the sales rep five different times asking if the $59 was a promotional rate and she said no.  She also failed to mention the $49 activation fee until the very end and then promised me gift cards as long as I signed up. 

I got my first bill and come to find out the $59 deal is for six months only.  I was completely taken advantage of and lied to my face.  I have repeatedly called the sales rep and she will of course not return my phone calls.  I have googled this topic and have found so many similar cases.  AT&T really needs to do something about this.  It was not beneficial for me to swith to their service as I was getting a lower rate than what AT&T offers after the six month promotion and having to pay an activation fee.  I also have yet to see any gift cards.

I called AT&T directly and the first person I spoke with was not helpful at all.  She did not care about my issue and kept telling me there was nothing she could do since I signed a contract.  I called back and spoke with someone much more helpful.  However, there is a much bigger issue here.  I am trying to reach out and get the door-to-door sale people to be legitimate salespeople.  AT&T should be ashamed they have people lying to their customers.  This is no way to do business.  I don't know how to get this issue escalated to someone who will listen so I am posting here. 

I recently switched to AT&T U-verse.  I had been with Comcast for years, but the AT&T U-verse sales rep assured me the $59 U-300 package was not a promotion with no contract.  I verified with the sales rep five different times asking if the $59 was a promotional rate and she said no.  She also failed to mention the $49 activation fee until the very end and then promised me gift cards as long as I signed up. 

I got my first bill and come to find out the $59 deal is for six months only.  I was completely taken advantage of and lied to my face.  I have repeatedly called the sales rep and she will of course not return my phone calls.  I have googled this topic and have found so many similar cases.  AT&T really needs to do something about this.  It was not beneficial for me to swith to their service as I was getting a lower rate than what AT&T offers after the six month promotion and having to pay an activation fee.  I also have yet to see any gift cards.

I called AT&T directly and the first person I spoke with was not helpful at all.  She did not care about my issue and kept telling me there was nothing she could do since I signed a contract.  I called back and spoke with someone much more helpful.  However, there is a much bigger issue here.  I am trying to reach out and get the door-to-door sale people to be legitimate salespeople.  AT&T should be ashamed they have people lying to their customers.  This is no way to do business.  I don't know how to get this issue escalated to someone who will listen so I am posting here. 

Door-to-door Salesperson Lied

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2012 7:47:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

There are no permanent discounted rates for the base packages.  After the new customer promotional period has expired, the regular rates kick in.  The regular rate for the U300 package is $87/month.

Also, did you redeem your gift card at the Reward Center online?

There are no permanent discounted rates for the base packages.  After the new customer promotional period has expired, the regular rates kick in.  The regular rate for the U300 package is $87/month.

Also, did you redeem your gift card at the Reward Center online?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Door-to-door Salesperson Lied

2 of 8 (2,459 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2012 11:17:26 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager
Edited by jamileh on Jul 25, 2012 at 11:19:27 AM

I am very sorry that you had a poor experience with the door to door salesperson. 

Will you please send me a private message with your name, address and phone number? I want to ensure that the representative's manager is aware of this situation. 

Also, if you have not redeemed your reward online, please do so. Let us know if you have any trouble. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

I am very sorry that you had a poor experience with the door to door salesperson. 

Will you please send me a private message with your name, address and phone number? I want to ensure that the representative's manager is aware of this situation. 

Also, if you have not redeemed your reward online, please do so. Let us know if you have any trouble. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
3 of 8 (2,351 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2012 6:44:57 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Taylarie on Nov 14, 2012 at 6:50:11 AM

I was also lied to by an AT&T salesperson.  I have searched the internet and heard the same scenario repeatedly. 

A nice young salesperson came to my door.  He stated that they were putting new fiber in the neighborhood and could get me TV and internet for $85/month FOREVER.  He stressed the word "forever".

This got my attention.   When I asked him about it further,  he said to call at the end of six months and they would extend the promo rate.

He wrote it down on his sales brochure, which I made sure to keep.  He even went on to say that he takes care of his customers and he would make the call for me.  

I asked him why AT&T does this and he said that most people just won't call and they proceed to the regular rate.  He wouldn't let that happen to me. 

I agreed to sign up. I thought that since I had it in writing and that I would make sure to call for myself,  I would be okay.

When my six months was comming up I made the call and they said that there was no promo extension.  I explained everything to the customer service rep.  He said that the door to door sales people are private contractors and AT&T is not responsible for them.  (Even though they are wearing an AT&T uniform)

This kind of behavior is just not right.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

I was also lied to by an AT&T salesperson.  I have searched the internet and heard the same scenario repeatedly. 

A nice young salesperson came to my door.  He stated that they were putting new fiber in the neighborhood and could get me TV and internet for $85/month FOREVER.  He stressed the word "forever".

This got my attention.   When I asked him about it further,  he said to call at the end of six months and they would extend the promo rate.

He wrote it down on his sales brochure, which I made sure to keep.  He even went on to say that he takes care of his customers and he would make the call for me.  

I asked him why AT&T does this and he said that most people just won't call and they proceed to the regular rate.  He wouldn't let that happen to me. 

I agreed to sign up. I thought that since I had it in writing and that I would make sure to call for myself,  I would be okay.

When my six months was comming up I made the call and they said that there was no promo extension.  I explained everything to the customer service rep.  He said that the door to door sales people are private contractors and AT&T is not responsible for them.  (Even though they are wearing an AT&T uniform)

This kind of behavior is just not right.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

[ Edited ]
4 of 8 (1,863 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2012 7:16:17 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Hi Drew99 - I'm very sorry the door to door rep gave you the wrong information. 

Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you? Please include your physical address and if you recall, the date the rep visited your house. If you happen to remember his name, please include that as well. 

--------------

Hi Drew99 - I'm very sorry the door to door rep gave you the wrong information. 

Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you? Please include your physical address and if you recall, the date the rep visited your house. If you happen to remember his name, please include that as well. 

--------------

5 of 8 (1,844 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2013 7:50:02 PM
(0)
Tutor

Last week I was visited at home, and upon my own research learned most of the info was correct when I called ATT directly. However, the devil is in the details and ATT would not honor their own deal when I called them.

Last week I was visited at home, and upon my own research learned most of the info was correct when I called ATT directly. However, the devil is in the details and ATT would not honor their own deal when I called them.

6 of 8 (1,258 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2013 9:21:57 PM
(0)
Employee
Details?, did you sign up with the D2D rep who may be authorized to offer promos not available in a store or phone sales.
What info was not correct?

Did you visit the build a bundle page to customize your desired package(special pricing availability online only),
Then trying to place order with could not get same deal? In other words what deal and with whom would ATT not honor.
Details?, did you sign up with the D2D rep who may be authorized to offer promos not available in a store or phone sales.
What info was not correct?

Did you visit the build a bundle page to customize your desired package(special pricing availability online only),
Then trying to place order with could not get same deal? In other words what deal and with whom would ATT not honor.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 8 (1,250 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2013 5:41:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

eaandrews wrote:

If you have a signed contract then AT&T will honor it. If you don't have a copy then you probably won't. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

eaandrews wrote:

If you have a signed contract then AT&T will honor it. If you don't have a copy then you probably won't. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 8 (1,233 Views)