Helpful Links

Don't try to collect on AT&T U-Verse money back guarantee or you may end up in collections!

Teacher

Don't try to collect on AT&T U-Verse money back guarantee or you may end up in collections!

I ordered AT&T U-Verse on 3/10.  I was not at all happy with it, so I called to cancel on 4/9 and promptly returned all of my equipment. When I recieved my first bill, I called AT&T to find out what I owed after the money back guarantee, as I had rented a couple of movies.  I was told to wait for a final bill. Another bill came without any credits and I called again, each time being told the same thing.  Then the collection phone calls started.  I emailed customer care and was again told to wait for my final bill on 5/23.  My concerns about being taken to collections were completely ignored in the reply.

The next bill I received threatened to take me to collections, so I sent the amount I thought I owed with a letter explaining that I was waiting for credits to reflect the money back guarantee. At no time did I receive a call or a written response from AT&T, although my check was cashed.

Today I received a "final bill" reflecting some credits, but still showing a balance of $80.00 with no explanation. In the same pile of bills was a letter from a collection agency for $80, despite my numerous attempts to conctact AT&T to resolve this issue and my check for $61, which by the way was not reflected in my bill, although my bank shows it was cashed within that billing cycle.

It has only been two months since my cancellation, and I have made numerous attempts to clear my account. Is it really necessary to damage my credit and take me to collections?  My AT&T Wireless account is current and has been for many years. This has to be the worst experience I have had with any company, and I am horrified by the way I have been treated by AT&T.  If they do not make good on this and keep my good credit in tact, they are going to have a fight on their hands!  

Message 1 of 11
Highlighted
ACE - Guru

Re: Don't try to collect on AT&T U-Verse money back guarantee or you may end up in collections!

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 11
Teacher

Re: Don't try to collect on AT&T U-Verse money back guarantee or you may end up in collections!

I have already done this, although my attempts to email Customer Care in the past got me absolutely nowhere.

Message 3 of 11
Teacher

Customer Care's response to my PM was to email me a link to AT&T's 800 number.  It is their advice that got me into this mess.  Why would I call them again?  The "manager" who wrote the email at 3 am cannot even spell.  Apparently, it is impossible to get past those who have little knowledge and absolutely no authority at AT&T.  This forum is a total waste of time!

Message 4 of 11
ACE - Expert

labradley48 wrote:

Customer Care's response to my PM was to email me a link to AT&T's 800 number.  It is their advice that got me into this mess.  Why would I call them again?  The "manager" who wrote the email at 3 am cannot even spell.  Apparently, it is impossible to get past those who have little knowledge and absolutely no authority at AT&T.  This forum is a total waste of time!

Strange, they normally don't work at 3 am.  Maybe you got the wrong group? I'd advise you to try another PM, but that's up to you.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 11
Teacher

My mistake. The email was sent at 7:29 am, which really isn't relevant, is it? The point is that I have a problem that I attempted to resolve through every channel available to me, with no response from AT&T other than to send me to collections.  My last letter included a payment, which has cleared my bank, but was not reflected in the balance sent to the collection agency.  I received no response from AT&T to my letter, even though I included a phone number and expressed my willingness to work with them to resolve this problem. This is just bad business practice, especially considering I have been an AT&T Wireless customer in good standing for many years.  I will continue shouting this from every available rooftop until someone takes responsibility for finding my payment and clearing my good credit.

Message 6 of 11
ACE - Expert

JefferMC wrote:

labradley48 wrote:

Strange, they normally don't work at 3 am.  Maybe you got the wrong group? I'd advise you to try another PM, but that's up to you.

I've seen them signed on @ 2-3am and also weekends, like they did @get social. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 7 of 11
ACE - Expert

labradley48 wrote:

...  I will continue shouting this from every available rooftop until someone takes responsibility for finding my payment and clearing my good credit.

Shouting from the rooftops may make you feel better, but I'm not sure it's going to get your issues resolved.

If you haven't tried a second PM, please do so.

Message 8 of 11
Community Manager

Hello @labradley48 

Just want to let you know, we received your message and one of our managers will be contacting you shortly, if they haven't yet.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 11
Teacher

I would like to thank Ray in Customer Care for finally stepping up and getting my account cleared. Your phone call made my day!!  Thanks again!!

Message 10 of 11
Community Manager

Great, thank you for letting us know!

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support